T-man,

I was going to leave this alone until I saw the response. On the front of my truck I have a plate with the Date, the Flag and an inscription "Our Loss Will Not Be Forgotten". I have had two people comment on the plate and I just got one for my wife. I don't believe that for the most part people have forgotten. I do believe that it's hard for people to accept that we had a loss on our land caused by someone from another land. Reality has struck as to how vulnerable we really are. On that tragic day I had someone walk up to me in our main office at work and say a plane has just crashed into the World Trade Center. My reply was this has happened before, it's probably a small plane and the building can withstand that. As the events of the day unfolded my responsibilty was to maintain the composure of all my employees. To keep them busy and not think about what was happening. The first chance I got I rushed home to see for myself what had happened. Like Jeff's wife I watched the second plane hit. At this point I had no composure. I have refused to look at any coverage again. As I sit and write. The day is as vivid as the day it happened. I cried alot.Afterward I was angry, very angry. I sat and waited to see how we would respond. When we did I was so proud. Not because we were killing people alot of them innocent. But because "OUR" families and friends relatives had not died without consequence. I wear the Red,White and Blue constantly since that day. I saw alot of this right after the tragic day. I don't see it so much now. Alan Jacksons song depicts that days events perfectly. For the families who have lost friends and relatives. I can never forget. It is they who have payed the ultimate price for our freedom. We have troops paying the ultimate price daily. You know this comes to light quite often as I refuse to remove my plate. Somedays I'm proud others I'm sad. Most days I'm okay as I think of our response. The only thing I can do now is give President Bush or anyone there after my undevoted support. I only pray that America will continue it's support. I'll have to wait and see how I feel about this tommorrow. Right now it's okay.