I appreciate all the information that you are posting regarding various violations occurring. Our officers have made arrests with information that forum members have supplied.

It is important that you call in violations as you see them. Either the TIP line or the direct line (860-424-3333). That way our dispatchers can send out an officer to respond to the complaint. (As long as someone is available).

If you only post the info on the forum, then I may not see it for anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days, and the poachers will get away. Judging from the posts that I have been reading I know you don't want that to happen.

Please call in violations right away, that way an officer can be dispatched. You can still post the info on the forum for me. In fact by posting the info you are letting everyone know that there is a problem somewhere. That way other CTF members who may go to the same area can be on the lookout for the same violations and they can call in too.

As you are all aware, we don't have anywhere near the number of officers that we did in the past. Obviously we can't be everywhere all the time. We really depend on all of you for your information, we really appreciate the support that you give us. There are more and more people who don't hunt and fish. To them the outdoors is either someplace scary or something they are not interested in. You all appreciate the outdoors for what it has to offer and because of that you understand the importance of protecting the environment and our natural resources. If hunting and fishing continues in the state it will be because of the true sportsmen (and women) like all of you.