(Sorry, but I have to respond. I'd hate for the general reading public to not hear a dissenting opinion on a sore topic this day clearly flares up, amongst us all...)

I think you are crossing a very dangerous line.

If you read the King James version of the Bible, out of context, you will find just as disturbing ideas...most of which the majority of Christians, I know, do not follow. Well, maybe just the extremist Christians...

You clearly have never been close to (or God forbid are friends with) another Muslim. They are not all extremists. They are not even mostly all extremists. There is a small minority, just as in every religion, that have been twisted. Selectively choosing and/or listening to religious doctrine, out of context, that suits their situation.

You see, religion is used to control. Always has been, always will be. People love to use it as a tool to manipulate the masses into doing things that benefit their power hungry or twisted agenda. (Extreme Nationalism is used in the exact same way...see wiki on Adolf Hitler, if you need a history lesson.) This is what extremist leaders are doing all over the place, not just with Islam.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -- Herman Goering, at the Nuremberg trials

It will stop when we all realize we are being manipulated and mind screwed. It will all stop when we stop hating each other! (Funny, that kinda sounds like a very "Christian" thing to do, now doesn't it?)

Let's try to remember that, today, instead of getting all fired up with negativity towards other people...

-Vinny
My Profile

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda