Originally Posted By: thevinmanfxst
If you read the King James version of the Bible, out of context, you will find just as disturbing ideas...most of which the majority of Christians, I know, do not follow. Well, maybe just the extremist Christians...

Excellent point and nicely said.

Literal reading of anything written a few centuries ago is dangerous. And for one who is not of the faith (I'm assuming those quoting the Koran aren't Muslins), well that's just plain strange to think they can understand the significance of historical statements.

For those Christians who chose to continue to believe that all Muslims literally believe the word of the Koran, I suggest you get cracking on the following Biblical admonishments:

The next time you catch your buddy working on the Sabbath some quick action is required: Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

If you need a few extra bucks for fishing gear, your children have a new use, though watch for the special gender rules: Exodus 21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

And finally, when your son begs to join his friends out on the gridiron, recall the special guidance provided in Leviticus 11:7-8
: And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Anyhow, I believe that all wackos are wackos and recognize that there is a special brand of Muslim out there who believes in a literal reading of the Koran and means us harm. Such vermin should be extinguished.

But like Christians and Jews and agnostics (and even them atheists) everywhere, there are plenty who are just trying to get through this life and make the world a better place for their children.