guys,

some have mentioned "Never Forget" on this topic. i would like to call to your attention a striking example of how this nation is forgetting right now:

I am a music teacher by day and performer at night, working at an specific music school. each year on 9/11 i ask my students if anything was done to honor the memory of the tragedy at school (public) during the day, perhaps an assembly or meeting, and announcement on the loud speakers, a moment of silence at the hour of attack.

the first 2 years each student explained at length what thier school did. last year, i noticed a stark sudden drop off, and this year it is disgraceful the replys i recieved.

upon asking one 14 year old (not that this is his fault, the young man gave an honest answer) what they did at school to day, his response was "for what?" when i mentioned the 9/11 anniversary, and asked if there was any mention, he said no. they didnt do anything.

the same answer came from roughly half of my students today, ranging in age from 7 to 16.

i am asking you all to do the following: please tonight or tomorrow ask your children what was done at school today in memoriam!!! if the answer is nothing, SOMETHING IS WRONG AND WE NEED TO ACT! as a teacher i am APPALLED at the feeble efforts scholsystems made this and last year; to do nothing is an insult to the history of this nation, and memories of those lost in the attack on our country.

i am writing a letter to the woodbury/watertown paper tomorrow in regards to the local schools (pomperaug/nonewaug) and the responses students gave. mabey they just didnt hear the announcements like i never did when i was a kid, but its tought to miss a moment of silence in the morning when your the only kid talking! even i would have figured it out!

ask your kids, then complain! all patriotism and religious nonsense aside, democrat or republican, this is BULL!!!