ctfisherman.com logo
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1194592 - 03/22/10 12:04 PM Re: Marine License FAQ [Re: John from Madison CT]
EnCon Police Offline

The fine is $77 - plus a one year suspension of your fishing/hunting/trapping license or if you don't have a license, suspension of your fishing/hunting/trapping privileges in the state for one year.

Sec. 26-61. Suspension of license, registration or permit. Restoration. Fines.
(b) Upon the conviction of any person for any violation of any provision of this chapter, any regulation issued by the commissioner or any regulation issued by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service under the provisions of section 26-91 or any of the provisions of section 53-204, 53-205, 53a-109 or 53a-115 to 53a-117, inclusive, or upon the forfeiture of any bond taken upon any complaint, or upon the payment of any fine for an infraction pursuant to section 51-164n, a license, registration or permit issued pursuant to this chapter to such person by the commissioner and the right to obtain any such license, registration or permit may, for a first violation or infraction, be suspended by the commissioner for not more than one year, and such permit, license or registration, together with the flag or other insignia issued by the commissioner, shall be surrendered to the commissioner or his authorized agent, except that for a violation of any provision of section 26-85 such permit or license or the privilege to obtain such permit or license shall be suspended for not less than one year nor more than two years. For a second violation of any of said laws or regulations the commissioner may suspend any such permit, license or registration and the right to obtain any such permit, license or registration for not more than two years, except that for a second violation of any provision of section 26-85 the suspension period shall be not less than two years nor more than five years; for a third violation or infraction the commissioner may suspend any such permit, license or registration and the right to obtain any such permit, license or registration for not more than three years, except that for a third violation of any provision of section 26-85 the suspension period shall be not less than five years and may be indefinite; and for a fourth violation or infraction within a period of ten years, the commissioner may suspend any such permit, license or registration and the right to obtain any such permit, license or registration for an indefinite period.

(d) Any person who procures any permit, license or registration to which he is not entitled or engages in fishing, hunting or trapping during the period when his permit, license or registration is voided or suspended shall be fined not less than one hundred nor more than two hundred dollars and all fishing, hunting or trapping permits, licenses or registrations issued to such person shall be suspended for an indefinite period. Any person who procures any permit, license or registration to which he is not entitled or engages in fishing, hunting or trapping during the period when such permit, license or registration and the privilege to obtain such a permit, license or registration are suspended for an indefinite period shall be fined not less than two hundred dollars or be imprisoned not more than sixty days or both, and, for a further violation in case of such indefinite suspension, shall be fined not less than two hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or be imprisoned for not more than one year or be both fined and imprisoned.

Fishing Info
#1213656 - 05/19/10 11:51 PM Re: Marine License FAQ [Re: EnCon Police]
Final_Chaos Offline

Loc: CT
If I go by boat to fish in Rhode Island with my CT resident salt water license, I don't think there is a way to get back to CT by boat without passing through New York Waters that are outside the borders of "Long Island Sound". So technically speaking do I need a NY license to bring my Rhode Island caught fish back to Connecticut?

Second Question. I take a group of 4 buddies fishing on my boat. Lets say we get stopped and 2 of my 4 guests did not have a saltwater license. As the boat owner, am I at all responsible in any way under the law for the 2 fellows in my example that did not have a license?

Thank you in advance for responding!

Edited by Final_Chaos (05/20/10 01:06 AM)
#1214143 - 05/21/10 04:49 PM Re: Marine License FAQ [Re: Final_Chaos]
EnCon Police Offline

For questions about New York you need to contact New York EnCon Police.

If your fishing guests do not have a license they are in violation, not you.
#1214302 - 05/22/10 02:53 AM Re: Marine License FAQ [Re: EnCon Police]
Szczupak Offline

Loc: Norwalk CT
i like to pay some fines
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics