ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1122845 - 08/24/09 03:21 PM Hunting licence for a slingshot?
Keith_H Offline

Loc: Cromwell
I plan on using my 12 guage for squirrel season this year but a buddy of mine and I were talking about how you could easily take most squirrles with a wrist rocket. Now obviously you need a firearms permit to hunt with a shotgun but what about a sling shot?

I finally figured out why we get up so early in the morning to fish. It's not so much the sunrise bite that gets us out there; but the fact that once we have a wife and kids the only time we can actually get to the lake is at that ungodly hour!
Fishing Info
#1123870 - 08/27/09 12:44 PM Re: Hunting licence for a slingshot? [Re: Keith_H]
EnCon Police Offline

You can not hunt with a slingshot in Connecticut. The regulations prohibit it. He can use an air rifle, but not a slingshot. A squirrel falls under the definition of quadruped.

26-66-1. Behavior and actions of hunters

(a) The method of taking wild birds and wild quadrupeds by hunting shall be restricted to firearms, high velocity air guns using a single ball or pellet type projectile, and compound, long, or recurved bow. In designated areas, by special permit, the commissioner may allow the use of modified versions of air guns or archery implements to achieve wildlife management objectives. No arrow or projectile which is coated with or contains any drugs, poison or known tranquilizing substance may be used or possessed while engaged in archery hunting.

Sec. 26-1. Definitions. Words and terms used in this chapter shall be construed as follows:

(13) "Quadruped" means any four-legged animal which is ferae naturae or wild by nature, although such animal may be enclosed and considered a pet or semidomesticated, but shall exclude purely domesticated animals.
#1124188 - 08/28/09 11:14 AM Re: Hunting licence for a slingshot? [Re: EnCon Police]
Keith_H Offline

Loc: Cromwell
Thanks for the info!!

I finally figured out why we get up so early in the morning to fish. It's not so much the sunrise bite that gets us out there; but the fact that once we have a wife and kids the only time we can actually get to the lake is at that ungodly hour!

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics