ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1189335 - 03/04/10 02:27 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: edkinct]
Steve31 Offline

good point I think I will run down today and see what they say it takes like 30 seconds to show them and get it back on lol.
Fishing Info
#1189634 - 03/05/10 03:00 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Bass Ackwards Offline

Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwards
I talked to Donna Kinney of the DEP this morning and she informed me they are still reviewing my application for the handicapped hunting/fishing license. Still reviewing it! I informed her I will be fishing next week, hopefully I will be doing it legally. I feel like I'm just being jerked around.

Once again (2 days later)I called Donna Kinney of the DEP and she told me my application for a handicapped license is still under review. In a very annoyed but civil way I told her it's time they got their butts in gear and decide either way. She said there are a "few others" to be reviewed too. I then told her the "few others" and I would like them to do their jobs and get it done. Still waiting.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

#1189974 - 03/07/10 03:55 AM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: edkinct]
CrazyGregg1 Offline

Loc: Willington/Union CT
I was kinda curious About that too. I read you can just go to your town hall & get one with proof of disability. then why do you have to send a letter to DEP & wait for aproval? does the town hall send what ever you give them for proof to the state or do they just file it? Im getting confused? I would think going down to the ole town hall with my handicapped parking permit should be proof enough.I also saw somthing about if you have a Ct disabled permit others state will reciprocate it. Does that mean They will give Someone a free license in there state too or they will Honor a CT disabled license?

Its Better to be Hated for who you are than loved for who your not..And If you wanna here God laugh ,tell him your plans...
#1189999 - 03/07/10 10:51 AM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: CrazyGregg1]
Bass Ackwards Offline

A handicapped parking permit won't get you a handicapped hunting/fishing license, you must have a letter from your doctor stating you lost the use of legs or are an amputee. I sent my application to Hartford because of the dificulty I have getting into a town hall office. If I went to my town hall with the letter my doctor wrote clearly stating I "lost the use of my legs and qualify for the handicapped license per section 26-29b" I would leave with the license. The state is clearly just jerking me around as I meet the requirements.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

#1190072 - 03/07/10 08:57 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
CrazyGregg1 Offline

Loc: Willington/Union CT
OK,I kinda think Im getting the idea now.the people at the State that I talked to were soo helful.I think I was interfering with their solitare game.I know you need a letter from the Doctor but I wasnt sure about just being able to go to the town hall.They didnt explain that. I wasnt sure if you had to send them a letter to be reviewed by the state before you could get the license.I was just saying that after all the crap you have to go through to get the disabled parking permit, it should be proof enough to get the fishing license.I dont know.I guess Ill just wait & see what happens after the hearing on the 15Th? before I try & get one.I would like to learn mor about the reciprocation because I do go camping out of state alot & that would be handy.

Its Better to be Hated for who you are than loved for who your not..And If you wanna here God laugh ,tell him your plans...
#1190346 - 03/08/10 08:56 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Bass Ackwards Offline

I talked to Donna Kinney of the DEP this morning and she informed me they are still reviewing my application for the handicapped hunting/fishing license. Still reviewing it! I informed her I will be fishing next week, hopefully I will be doing it legally. I feel like I'm just being jerked around.

Once again (2 days later)I called Donna Kinney of the DEP and she told me my application for a handicapped license is still under review. In a very annoyed but civil way I told her it's time they got their butts in gear and decide either way. She said there are a "few others" to be reviewed too. I then told her the "few others" and I would like them to do their jobs and get it done. Still waiting.

I called the DEP again this morning and this time talked to Dennis Thibadeau. He told me he would look into my application for a handicapped license and get back to me before the day was over. Dennis called me back late in the afternoon and informed me I would be getting it and it would be in the mail tomorrow. I'll feel better when it's finally in my hands.

#1190699 - 03/09/10 08:54 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Steve31 Offline

Went to my town hall with a note from my doctor and all is well took about 10 minutes. Isn't there a lifetime one?The one I recieved is a yearly renewel gonna have to check into it.
#1190712 - 03/09/10 10:02 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Steve31]
Bass Ackwards Offline

I'll let you know when mine arrives. Donna Kinney from the DEP called me today to tell me my application for the handicapped license has been approved and will be in the mail today or tomorrow.

#1191341 - 03/11/10 06:53 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Bass Ackwards Offline

I received my 2010 type 17-H marine fishing, inland fishing, and hunting license today. It doesn't state on it wether it's yearly or for life. Maybe EnConn can clarify this.

EnConn, is a type 17-H license a yearly license or for life. Thankyou.

Edited by Bass Ackwards (03/12/10 10:48 AM)

#1191521 - 03/12/10 10:15 AM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
edkinct Offline

I think you still have to get a new one each year, as the year is stated on the license. But will be easier since you are now in the system as handicapped.

I may only have one and a half legs, but I still stand tall, life goes on.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics