ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1191557 - 03/12/10 11:48 AM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: edkinct]
EnCon Police Offline

The Disabled License is the same as the Lifetime (over 65) license. It's free, but you need to update it every year. Once you get your first Lifetime/Disabled License from either a Town Hall or DEP you are in the system. When you renew on an annual basis this updates the info so you can get your tags if you want to hunt anything other than small game.

It's free - so do your annual update and you are good to go.

Edited by EnCon Police (03/12/10 01:16 PM)
Fishing Info
#1191685 - 03/12/10 07:34 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: EnCon Police]
Bass Ackwards Offline

Thankyou EnConn.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

#1192254 - 03/14/10 08:12 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Joe.G Offline

Anyone know where I can find clarification regarding eligibility for the disabled license?? I had been paying out of pocket for my clients over the years and now with the increase X 25 - 35 adults = around 1K.

Thanks for any assistance

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

#1192283 - 03/14/10 09:51 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: O-BASS]
Bass Ackwards Offline

O-BASS said it right:

Originally Posted By: O-BASS
found this on the dep site:

** Issuance of a free license to the blind or mentally retarded requires proof of disability in the form of a certificate provided by any person licensed to practice medicine in this state.

*** Any resident with the loss of a limb or the loss of the use of a limb and a doctor’s certificate may be issued a free license. Qualified nonresidents who are residents of states which allow CT residents the same privileges are also eligible

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

#1192316 - 03/14/10 11:13 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Joe.G Offline

Thanks..I did see that and I think it requires updating by the state...There are varying degrees of severe cognitive dysfunction that are not retarded i.e TBI / ABI

I think if they changed the wording to 'Mentally Challenged' then it would open the door for more who could genuinely benefit.

Thanks again. I'll do some research

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics