ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1183480 - 02/14/10 03:39 AM Disabled fishing lisence
CrazyGregg1 Offline

Loc: Willington/Union CT
I thought I had seen this topic covered before but I did a search & couldnt find anything.I would like to find out if I qualify for a Disabled person fishing lisence as I am partially disabled do to Blood clots in my legs. The Department of Motor Vehicles saw fit to give me a Handicapped parking permit so they think Im disabled. where do I go to get one? thanks for any help you can provide.

Its Better to be Hated for who you are than loved for who your not..And If you wanna here God laugh ,tell him your plans...
Fishing Info
#1183482 - 02/14/10 03:54 AM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: CrazyGregg1]
O-BASS Offline

found this on the dep site:

** Issuance of a free license to the blind or mentally retarded requires proof of disability in the form of a certificate provided by any person licensed to practice medicine in this state.

*** Any resident with the loss of a limb or the loss of the use of a limb and a doctor’s certificate may be issued a free license. Qualified nonresidents who are residents of states which allow CT residents the same privileges are also eligible
#1183834 - 02/15/10 10:57 AM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: O-BASS]
Bass Ackwards Offline

I'm in the process of getting one now. All you need is a letter from your doctor saying you qualify for the handicapped licence per section 26-29b which, as O-bass said, says "Any resident with the loss of a limb or the loss of the use of a limb and a doctor’s certificate may be issued a free license. Qualified nonresidents who are residents of states which allow CT residents the same privileges are also eligible".

The first letter my doctor wrote was a little vague so I was turned down 3 days after sending it in. The second letter he wrote left no doubt that I qualify for the handicapped licence. It's now been over 2 weeks since I submitted it and haven't heard anything.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

#1184183 - 02/16/10 05:15 AM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
CrazyGregg1 Offline

Loc: Willington/Union CT
there is no form to fill out just have my doc write a letter?

Its Better to be Hated for who you are than loved for who your not..And If you wanna here God laugh ,tell him your plans...
#1184240 - 02/16/10 12:15 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: CrazyGregg1]
EnCon Police Offline

Gregg - give our License & Revenue people a call at 860-424-3105, they are the ones who can tell you exactly what you need. (We don't issue the licenses...we only check them.)
#1187736 - 02/27/10 08:42 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: EnCon Police]
Bass Ackwards Offline

Just an update to what I am going through trying to get a handicapped license. The second request for a handicapped hunting & fishing license with a doctors letter I sent the DEP claims they never got so I sent copies to them again for the third time. After inquireing about it on Thursday, February 25th, I was informed by Donna Kinney of the DEP that it is under review. I'm now waiting. Stay tuned.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

#1188956 - 03/03/10 02:30 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Bass Ackwards Offline

I talked to Donna Kinney of the DEP this morning and she informed me they are still reviewing my application for the handicapped hunting/fishing license. Still reviewing it! I informed her I will be fishing next week, hopefully I will be doing it legally. I feel like I'm just being jerked around.

#1188969 - 03/03/10 03:04 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
Steve31 Offline

I am a below the knee amputee and I am almost thinking of sending a picture along with it to prove I qualify. Thats odd that it has to be reviewed after sending a doctor's note with it.
#1189000 - 03/03/10 04:23 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Steve31]
Bass Ackwards Offline

Originally Posted By: Steve31
Thats odd that it has to be reviewed after sending a doctor's note with it.

Yes it is. My doctor flat out states I've lost the use of my legs and I qualify for a handicapped license, he even gave a number to call him for any questions. No if, ands, or buts about his letter but still takes many days of reviewing. Can't help but feel I'm just being jerked around.

#1189053 - 03/03/10 07:32 PM Re: Disabled fishing lisence [Re: Bass Ackwards]
edkinct Offline

Steve,
I too am a BKA. Have you guys gone to your town hall and asked to get one? Thats what I did, and just showed the lady there my leg, no letter from my doc was need as its pretty clear that I am an amputee.

I may only have one and a half legs, but I still stand tall, life goes on.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics