ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1189288 - 03/04/10 11:50 AM Re: License suspension [Re: gerg]
MikeG Offline

Loc: NW CT
Having a suspended fishing/hunting license sucks !!!! I was young and dumb once........ banghead 2 minor offenses in one season took my license away for a awhile over 20 years ago.DO NOT RISK IT !

I have not purchased any licenses yet this year for this state or any other.I have not fished in months.

I will stage my own protest by holding out as long as possible on purchasing a license,I will also mainly fish over the border in Mass and spend the majority of my fishing budget out of state.I will eventually purchase my CT fishing/hunting license but not until the day before I need it.
Fishing Info
#1189319 - 03/04/10 01:36 PM Re: License suspension [Re: MikeG]
SWMPYNKE Offline

I agree with all that's been said, your only possible defense is to show up in dirty work clothes and forget how to speak english!!
#1189322 - 03/04/10 01:56 PM Re: License suspension [Re: SWMPYNKE]
gerg Offline

Actually your only defense is to show up and hope the CO doesn't.

Otherwise, you are going to get a judgment holding you responsible. You will have 20 days to pay the clerk. Failure to do that will earn you a bench warrant.

You will get a free ride to see the judge again however. wink2

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#1189328 - 03/04/10 02:09 PM Re: License suspension [Re: gerg]
Bob Bradley Offline

I may have found a solution to this. I just got a slip in Rhode Island for the season, so my boat and my money will be going there.

You know...where the water is clean and the fish live.

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
#1189339 - 03/04/10 02:52 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Bob Bradley]
gerg Offline

Welcome to the hood Bob!!!!

6 fluke at 19.5 inches.......

Congrats on the slip. Is it at the yacht club?

#1189369 - 03/04/10 05:15 PM Re: License suspension [Re: gerg]
Bob Bradley Offline

Westerly Yacht Club. Prettiest sunsets in the East, and a heck of a lot closer to the offshore action than New Haven. I was building fluke rigs til midnight last night - just about done making spreader bars and shark rigs for the season.

Can you tell I'm getting itchy here?

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
#1189385 - 03/04/10 06:13 PM Re: License suspension [Re: EnCon Police]
Louie-Louie Offline

Loc: Union, Conn.-Westerly RI
Congrats. We can probably hook up some time. I launch out of the Pawcatuck River and go right by you on my way out. Remember my buddy (also Louie), who belongs and has a slip there, we all met at the off shore night.
Did you change your last name and tell them you were Italian like us to get in?
P.S. Your gonna have to teach me how to use that spreader bar.
#1189418 - 03/04/10 08:03 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Bob Bradley]
gerg Offline

Originally Posted By: Bob Bradley
Westerly Yacht Club. Prettiest sunsets in the East, and a heck of a lot closer to the offshore action than New Haven. I was building fluke rigs til midnight last night - just about done making spreader bars and shark rigs for the season.

Can you tell I'm getting itchy here?

How sweet it is. I know you've wanted to get in there, congrats!!!!

Hopefully the squid will be here on time this year!

#1189419 - 03/04/10 08:04 PM Re: License suspension [Re: gerg]
Eric D Offline

Originally Posted By: gerg/greg
A lot of people like to complain about the court system, and how nobody ever gets convicted of anything serious.

That is, until they screw up and go through it themselves. It becomes very serious, very fast. You think you can beat a conviction when you have a CO appearing in court against you? The judge has heard from guys like you a hundred times this week, and thousands of times this year. He won't even be looking at you while you are talking. HE is looking at his court budget and seeing how much more in fines he needs to meet payroll.

What was that you said, the license fees were too high? Is that your defense?

Ok, so you think because you have no record you will beat the rap? Well, hire a lawyer, $1500 later he will get some kind of reduced charge for you.

Boy, you got off really easy on that rap. wink2

I love it...All because the state didn't get their 40 bucks...
#1189486 - 03/04/10 10:35 PM Re: License suspension [Re: EnCon Police]
PG Offline

Me I am buying a license and I am keeping lots more fish this year for dinner. This will offset the cost pretty quickly.

PG
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics