ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1189832 - 03/06/10 01:01 PM Re: License suspension [Re: LegalFish]
Waterboy Offline

Loc: Terryville
Currently I'm learning Spanish to beat the rap...........
Fishing Info
#1190280 - 03/08/10 04:38 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Waterboy]
Bruiser360 Offline

Loc: New Milford
Originally Posted By: Waterboy
Currently I'm learning Spanish to beat the rap...........

This seems to be the most effective way of getting out of anything one can do wrong. Congratulations on your foresight to avoid all things that require legal documentation to be involved in, thereby avoiding both license fees and any penalties involved with not having a license.
I would suggest that one of your learned phrases be that not only do you only speak Spanish, but that you can't read Spanish or English. That should pretty much cover all of the bases.

I, like some others, will be buying my licenses as I need them and will weigh the need to buy them as the time approaches.
#1190282 - 03/08/10 04:48 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Bruiser360]
SouthBound Offline

Loc: Glastonbury,Ct
Boy oh boy ed. Your something else man.Well your broski nateski is right behind you with his plumbing skills.

Encon I hope you nab every single guy who doesnt have a licence. I think you should post every single name someplace. Make it known.

Encon just a thought. This might help a little any chance of having to have the licence visable on a hat or clothes? Might help out some Key word some.
#1192430 - 03/15/10 12:13 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Waterboy]
W.G. Offline

Waterboy, Learn it to fish New Haven. You'll be in the loop w/ DeStefano, the fruitcake.

"We make a living by what we get.
We make a life by what we give."
'Winston Churchill'

Dee's Bait & Tackle,
93 Clay St.,New Haven
(203)562-7025

#1192438 - 03/15/10 12:26 PM Re: License suspension [Re: LegalFish]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Not buying a license is NOT the answer.
but paying too much for one is NOT the correct response either mad1

I cut out the following = $112
state land shotgun
state land muzzleloader
small game
private land gun (unless I have a good opportunity...which has never happened, yet is a theoretically possibility)

Edited by Jighead (03/15/10 12:30 PM)

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1192536 - 03/15/10 06:23 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Jighead]
kx724 Offline

Shut Up and Fish!

Loc: Newtown, CT / Watch Hill, RI
I would not mind paying the fee so much if it did not go into the "General Fund". Come on CT put the money to what we are buying these licenses for!
#1192545 - 03/15/10 06:58 PM Re: License suspension [Re: kx724]
swwind Offline

I'm getting my SW license but not until the day I need it.

And to best honest - IMHO all the stuff about speaking spanish to beat the rap is just not that cool, it takes away from the overall quality of the site and probably discourages others from posting on the thread started by Encon.

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1192623 - 03/15/10 10:19 PM Re: License suspension [Re: swwind]
waynesworld Offline

Loc: Pedasi,Panama
I have no problem with a license if it goes to pay for something that benifits the fishing but if it's because the state is in financial trouble and it's just going to the general fund isn't this more of a taxation w/out representation issue?? I think this state is out of control with ALL of it's license fees including occupational licenses!!

"that aint bottom! you got a fish!!

http://hahaiguana.blogspot.com/

#1192634 - 03/15/10 10:36 PM Re: License suspension [Re: waynesworld]
jonh Offline

FUBO

I bought my saltwater license today. I would have waited until the last minute, but I am betting these jackals will raise the fee before the season starts. It really pisses me off that its going to the general fund to support welfare programs, but I can't take time off to fight this in court. It is taxation without representation. When the revolution starts, I will be there.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1192641 - 03/15/10 10:51 PM Re: License suspension [Re: waynesworld]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
Originally Posted By: waynesworld
I think this state is out of control with ALL of it's license fees including occupational licenses!!

I took a night class in 1996 on economic. The professor was raving mad about fees! He said if they dont get you in a tax they will nail you in a fee! "The hidden tax".

10 bucks for a saltwater license is bearable. You cant start a boat without dropping 10 bucks so in the grand scheme of things who cares. Keep fuel prices down so I can drive my truck to the boat and afford to run a boat once I get there!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics