Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1192673 - 03/15/10 11:40 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Crazy Ivan]
kx724 Offline

Shut Up and Fish!

Loc: Newtown, CT / Watch Hill, RI
Originally Posted By: Crazy Ivan
Keep fuel prices down so I can drive my truck to the boat and afford to run a boat once I get there!

AMEN TO THAT!
Fishing Info
#1192820 - 03/16/10 03:06 PM Re: License suspension [Re: kx724]
SWMPYNKE Offline

Political correctness is killing this country and just plain "SUCKS"!!! Let's bury our head in the sand and pretend a very obvious injustice to all who buy a license and follow the fish and game laws doesn't exist- yeah I worry someone might be offended by this and not "contribute" to this thread, yeah, right!!!
#1192836 - 03/16/10 03:39 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Jighead]
Jeremiah G Offline

Adventure Kayak Fishing Dude

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
Originally Posted By: Jighead
Not buying a license is NOT the answer.

I agree at this point. But, what if nothing changes in a year or two ? Or, it gets worse ?

WWJD ?

#1192950 - 03/16/10 11:09 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Jeremiah G]
Eric D Offline

What I don't get is why people think your doing such a terrible thing by not getting one. It's not like a drivers, boaters or hunting license. A fishing license more of a receipt. You don't need to do anything to get one. It's really up to the person if they want to deal with consequences or not.
#1192977 - 03/16/10 11:38 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Eric D]
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Originally Posted By: Eric D
So it's really up to the person if they want to deal with consequences if they get caught.

Exactly !! If someone wants to take the risk, it's their god given right. There is no litmus test for getting a license, other than your hard earned cash.

Remember people, we get NOTHING for this license. Absolutely freakin' nothing. No more enforcement, stocking, research, NADA.....just taxation without representation.

#1193006 - 03/17/10 12:31 AM Re: License suspension [Re: John from Madison CT]
O-BASS Offline

its a total joke at this point.

the responsible pay, and get nothing in return. the irresponsible keep doing what they always do (drag, poach, polute) and nothing happens.

its time to take a stand, and do what is needed to prove the point...take that however you want.

our officers arent the bad guys. they're the ones getting screwed as well. our agencies who fight for and protect our resources recieve nothing from the money collected from fees.

this combined with the overregulated and largely unneeded saltwater situation, the inflated freshwater situation, and the reckloose commercial dragger regulations?!?!?

show the state you mean business...fight them in court if need be until they give the dep the money directly, and they give us the rights we deserve at a price that covers the true costs of our investment; not inflated by the poor decisions on capitol hill.

no more parking lots and soccer fields with fishing money!!
#1193028 - 03/17/10 01:18 AM Re: License suspension [Re: O-BASS]
Jighead Online   content

I love re-re-opening day

I hate to day this......but even if they give 100% of hunting and fishing license revenue to the DEP. They will just turn around and reduce any other contributions they make to the DEP budget by exactly that figure anyway.

There is a whole lot more to the DEP than just hunting and fishing when you separate the pollution control side of the house for example.

What percentage of the total DEP budget really goes toward hunting and fishing anyway?

Does license revenue exceed the related expenses to run these programs or fall short?

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1193095 - 03/17/10 11:59 AM Re: License suspension [Re: Jighead]
Joe.G Offline

I agree that its every persons right. The same theory applies in most adult oriented functions. How many people choose to not get a boating license, drivers license etc. Hell, the fees for my state license in counseling has doubled over the past two years. I know the example is over the edge but it all still comes down to choice. There is representation, it may not be justifiable to you or I but its there.

I would add that imo political correctness has certainly went over the top but blatant racism is not acceptable.

Today I will show my support in Hartford as hard as it is for me to manipulate my schedule. Its obvious that this is the only answer. It may not turn out that this year any change occurs but developing an organization of this nature takes time and good leadership.

It is time now, today will be a step in the right direction. We need a voice, a Charlton Heston if you will. I'm sure this is not just a CT issue

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

#1195091 - 03/23/10 08:34 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Joe.G]
scooter72 Offline

Loc: Windham,CT
New license prices SUCK. I could see a 5 buck or so increase, but doubling it??

BUT, I'd rather not lose my priveledges, so I guess I gotta buy one. Like other people said, breaking the law is not the answer.

You can say anything foolish to a dog, and that dog will still give you a look that says, "WOW!! What a great idea!! I never would have thought of that!!"

Some people are born on third base, then spend the rest of their lives thinking they hit a triple.
#1195166 - 03/24/10 12:57 AM Re: License suspension [Re: Waterboy]
BHansenSFD Offline

Loc: North Haven, CT
Originally Posted By: Waterboy
Currently I'm learning Spanish to beat the rap...........

While I understand the joke the comments regarding spanish speaking people are getting real old. My wife is Colombian and her and her entire family are outstanding people and all of her uncles are outstanding sportsmen. There are plenty of people that speak other languages to include english that are just as guilty of these offenses.

I cant stand people who break the laws regarding hunting and fishing and hate people that try to cheat the regs. I do as much as I can to help out the DEP by keeping my eyes open while on the water and I have called on as many english speaking people as I have spanish speaking people.

I find it ironic that people that people in here that speak english are talking about learning spanish so they can get out of a violation for not buying a license.

It is not my intention to single you out Waterboy as I do understand the humor and I only quoted your comment as an example of the many comments that I think are in poor taste due to the frequency and focus on one group of individuals.

Edited by BHansenSFD (03/24/10 01:06 AM)
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics