ctfisherman.com logo
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1207796 - 05/02/10 02:38 PM Re: License suspension [Re: shellback]
thevinman Offline

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
Can someone tell the DEP system guys to make the output "wallet" friendly? (Just make the dimensions so its foldable to fit the standard wallet card size...it's seriously not rocket science.)

For crying out loud, how much $$ did we spend on a "state-of-the-art" online system, just to botch the output???

Come on guys!

-Vinny
My Profile

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

Fishing Info
#1207821 - 05/02/10 04:12 PM Re: License suspension [Re: thevinman]
Buck Offline

I got checked last night at Squantz Pond and I have multiple copies scattered around in my hunting back pack, car, boats, fishing bags and one in my back tag. She seemed happy to see any of them as long as she could read the detail.
Using the online system and being able to make multiple copies saves my butt because with only one license I was always forgetting it when both hunting and fishing were on. It was always in the wrong bag. Now there is always one in my wallet. Wallet size would be nice, I have to figure out the reducing buttons on my printer/copier.
#1208632 - 05/04/10 01:06 PM Re: License suspension [Re: thevinman]
EnCon Police Offline

Originally Posted By: thevinmanfxst
Worst case, lets say your forgot your piece of paper...Why is not just providing your conservation ID enough? (One can scribble that number on anything and keep it with you.) Can't the DEP officers verify the licence number in the field?

Along the same lines...what's the DEP's stance on:

Licence replication/alteration (ie. shrunk to fit in your wallet?)
or as Murph mentioned, digital storage? (Iphone licence, etc.)

Basically all of the above is just another way of providing one key bit of info...the conservation ID.

This is what I did - (shrunk, signed and laminated)

Would an officer have issues with shrinkage? grin

Thoughts?

Sec. 26-35. Expiration date. License not transferable. Restrictions. Wildlife management
study area. Each firearms hunting, archery hunting, trapping or sport fishing license or the
combination firearms hunting and fishing license, except licenses issued pursuant to subdivisions (7) and (10) of subsection (a) of section 26-28, shall expire December thirty-first next following the date of issue and shall not be transferable. No person shall change or alter such a license or loan to another or permit another to have or use such license issued to himself or use any license issued to another. All licenses shall be carried as designated by the commissioner at all times when such licensee is hunting, trapping or sport fishing and shall be produced for examination upon demand of any conservation officer or other employee of the department designated by the commissioner or any other officer authorized to make arrests or the owner or lessee or the agent of any owner or lessee of any land or water upon which such licensed person may be found.

P.A. 91-3 deleted provision requiring the commissioner to provide a license holder and deleted provision requiring a license holder to display the license on his outer clothing while hunting, fishing or trapping;

Digital photo of license does not meet the requirement to carry it. With the new system you can print out multiple copies and have them on your boat, in your wallet, in your tackle box, in your pocket and in your vehicle, so there really is not a reasonable excuse for not carrying it. As far as size, I fold my license to fit in my wallet.

By the way..not carrying your license is a $77 fine.

Edited by EnCon Police (05/04/10 01:07 PM)
#1208649 - 05/04/10 01:50 PM Re: License suspension [Re: EnCon Police]
thevinman Offline

oh well...thanks Encon! Looks like I'll stuff a few original copies around just in case.

(still think the licence size needs to be addressed, though. You do have to admit it's an awkward dimension.)

BTW - I have the Maine digital licence and it's even bigger and more awkward, so we are not the only state with origami challenged systems people!

-Vinny
My Profile

#1208650 - 05/04/10 01:53 PM Re: License suspension [Re: EnCon Police]
Joe.G Offline

Thanks Encon...I did the same with mine..and if it tears then I simply take one of the other 20 copies I printed, sign it and put it back in.

Also, as Buck pointed out I have a license in my boats, my cars, my wallet and one tackle-bag. Thanks for the clarification. I much prefer this method of licensing.

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

#1208660 - 05/04/10 02:24 PM Re: License suspension [Re: thevinman]
BHansenSFD Offline

Loc: North Haven, CT

(still think the licence size needs to be addressed, though. You do have to admit it's an awkward dimension.)

How small do you want the thing to be? Mine is smaller than my drivers license and could be folded to any dimension. It is just a piece of paper. You can fold it to any shape and size you want. I think there are bigger and better issues for the DEP to worry about before they get to license size. They deal with enough crap over all this license BS.

Thanks to the DEP officers for all the hard work they do and all the ball breaking they have to endure while none of it is their fault and they are grossly understaffed!

Edited by BHansenSFD (05/04/10 02:26 PM)
#1208671 - 05/04/10 02:51 PM Re: License suspension [Re: BHansenSFD]
natedog Offline

Loc: Old Saybrook, CT
Captain Camejo,

Thank you very much for proactively providing information on this website so that all who are interested may benefit from a better understanding of the current regs.

I very much appreciate the job the DEP is trying to do in controlling poachers and other law breakers, I also appreciate the challenge the DEP must face everyday in trying to enforce a set of unpopular laws.

Best Regards,
Nate Minegar

Old Saybrook Firefighter
#1208790 - 05/04/10 09:10 PM Re: License suspension [Re: BHansenSFD]
thevinman Offline

Originally Posted By: BHansenSFD

How small do you want the thing to be? Mine is smaller than my drivers license and could be folded to any dimension. It is just a piece of paper. You can fold it to any shape and size you want. I think there are bigger and better issues for the DEP to worry about before they get to license size. They deal with enough crap over all this license BS.

sorry for even mentioning it...jeez.

-Vinny
My Profile

#1208846 - 05/04/10 11:58 PM Re: License suspension [Re: BHansenSFD]
Bruiser360 Offline

Loc: New Milford
Originally Posted By: BHansenSFD

Thanks to the DEP officers for all the hard work they do and all the ball breaking they have to endure while none of it is their fault and they are grossly understaffed!

Lighten up Francis!
#1244362 - 08/24/10 01:01 PM Re: License suspension [Re: Bruiser360]
Hooked006 Offline

Loc: Lisbon, CT
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I came up with this license prototype a couple of years ago with the intentions of posting it here and never got around to it. IF the licensing ever went to a drivers license format (plastic, good for multiple years), here is my idea of what it could look like..

Soon after I made this (in 2008), I printed one out and started carrying it around with me to show to people and see what they thought of it. I was actually approached by an Encon officer at Lake Wintergreen in Hamden and I pulled this out instead of my real one to see what he would say. Interestingly, he thought it was real and commented on how he hadn't seen one yet and how great the new design looked. At this point I told him it wasn't legit and I handed him my real one. The one I printed up had all of the exact information, but since he had no way of verifying the it, I could have put whatever I wanted on there. I think the system is flawed, although I don't see it changing anytime soon; I understand it's not a top priority and the people who want to cheat the system are going to cheat anyway. I'm not knocking the officers either, I'm happy every time I see them out there doing their job. I'm just posting my experience and opinion. smile1
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics