ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1266606 - 11/08/10 02:10 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: Bill S]
EnCon Police Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill S
Is it legal to carry both at the same time? Providing you have all permits & consent forms of course. Thanks

Yes - Providing you have all permits & consent forms.
Fishing Info
#1266670 - 11/08/10 05:40 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: EnCon Police]
Bill S Offline

Loc: CT
Thanks Encon

Custom Colors Built To Last, Try Mike's Custom Plugs

#1288445 - 01/28/11 02:06 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: EnCon Police]
Waterboy Offline

Loc: Terryville
Pistol and Bow and Arrow providing you have all permits & consent forms?
#1288457 - 01/28/11 02:38 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: Waterboy]
EnCon Police Offline

Originally Posted By: Waterboy
Pistol and Bow and Arrow providing you have all permits & consent forms?

No, it's illegal to carry a firearm while bow hunting.
#1288586 - 01/28/11 10:14 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: EnCon Police]
some1outhere Offline

do you think they will ever changet the laws so we will be able to use encores or other single shot pistols as long as they meet the larger then the 357 cal or the 243 in rifle calibers.
#1288866 - 01/30/11 01:29 AM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: EnCon Police]
COBRA BAIT Offline

Why is a Sad Shad Sad?

Loc: Haddam sweet Haddam
now i am lost, from what you posted, i could hunt my grandparents property for free???
#1289522 - 02/01/11 02:15 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: COBRA BAIT]
EnCon Police Offline

Originally Posted By: COBRA BAIT
now i am lost, from what you posted, i could hunt my grandparents property for free???

You can get a free landowner permit (if it's 10 or more acres) for rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader but not for revolver, that's still got the $5 fee attached to it even for a landowner.
#1289739 - 02/02/11 11:49 AM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: EnCon Police]
COBRA BAIT Offline

Why is a Sad Shad Sad?

Loc: Haddam sweet Haddam
is that new? i never got a permit to hunt the family land cause i never had the money, now its being sold, damn. guess i didnt understand the law, i thought you had to physically own the land for the free permit.
#1289750 - 02/02/11 12:18 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: EnCon Police]
Mycept Offline

Nope. YOu just have to be a lineal decendent, so you would have been given the landowner permits if you filled out the paperwork
#1289757 - 02/02/11 12:31 PM Re: Revolver Deer Hunting Emergency Regulation [Re: EnCon Police]
EnCon Police Offline

Sec. 26-27. Licenses required for hunting, trapping and fishing.
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), (c), (e) or (f) and other provisions of this chapter providing specific license exemption, no person shall take, hunt or trap, or shall attempt to take, hunt or trap, or assist in taking, hunting or trapping, any wild bird or mammal and no person more than sixteen years of age shall take, attempt to take, or assist in taking any fish or bait species in the inland waters by any method, without first having obtained a license as provided in this chapter. No person under sixteen years of age shall hunt or trap, except as provided in section 26-38.

(b) Any landowner who has a domiciliary residence in this state, his spouse or lineal descendants may hunt, trap or fish on land owned by him or on land leased by him and on which he is actually domiciled, which land is not used for club, fishing or hunting purposes, without a license, subject to the provisions of this chapter.

Sec. 26-86a. Game management. Deer hunting; permitted weapons, locations, bag limits.
Consent forms; permits, selection process.

(a) The commissioner shall establish by regulation adopted in accordance with the provisions of chapter 54 standards for deer management, and methods, regulated areas, bag limits, seasons and permit eligibility for hunting deer with bow and arrow, muzzleloader and shotgun, except that no such hunting shall be permitted on Sunday.
No person shall hunt, pursue, wound or kill deer with a firearm without first obtaining a deer permit from the commissioner in addition to the license required by section 26-27. Application for such permit shall be made on forms furnished by the commissioner and containing such information as he may require. Such permit shall be of a design prescribed by the commissioner, shall contain such information and conditions as the commissioner may require, and may be revoked for violation of any provision of this chapter or regulations adopted pursuant thereto. As used in this section, muzzleloader means a rifle or shotgun of at least forty- five caliber, incapable of firing a self-contained cartridge, which uses powder, ball and wadding loaded separately at the muzzle end and rifle means a long gun which uses centerfire ammunition and the projectile of which is six millimeters or larger in diameter. The fee for a firearms permit shall be ten dollars for residents of the state and thirty dollars for nonresidents. The commissioner shall issue, without fee, a private land deer permit to the owner of ten or more acres of private land and the husband or wife, parent, grandparent, sibling and any lineal descendant of such owner, provided no such owner, husband or wife, parent, grandparent, sibling or lineal descendant shall be issued more than one such permit per season. Such permit shall allow the use of a rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader or bow and arrow on such land from November first to December thirty- first, inclusive.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics