Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1351660 - 09/18/11 12:33 AM 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
September 17th 2011 CTFISHERMAN KID'S DAY RESULTS

20 kids ranging from 3 yr - 13 yr old braved the 42 degree temp in the am. Water temp was about 68 degrees, and felt MUCH warmer than the air ! We were all greeted by a stiff breeze that had everyone running for layers.

UNDER 7 AGE GROUP
1ST: Kayla, Ryan's daughter .78 lb Pickerel
2ND: Pamela, Mitch's daughter .40 lb Yellow perch

8-11
1ST: Zach B. ABREW1's Son 1.53 lb SMB
2ND: Shane Davis 1.28 lb LMB

12-15
1st: Connor Gontarz 1.69 lb LMB
2ND: Siarra Harrington .97 lb Pickerel

This whole day is funded by YOU ,WWW.CTFISHERMAN.COM members and guests who bought raffle tickets, dinner tickets, and admission to the 2010 PIKETOBERFEST and CTF Game Dinner..
A HUGE thanks to CABELAS for donating all of the fishing rods, this year .. Every kid received one, and we will use the balance at other CTF gatherings, or next year's CTF Kid's derby.

See you at PIKETOBERFEST at Haddam Meadows in November !

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Fishing Info
#1351701 - 09/18/11 10:37 AM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
ME_fisherman Offline

Loc: Derby, CT
Great event once again. This was Kayla's longest fishing trip and she was going strong right until the end. She even wanted to "bounce" in the boat some more as we waited for the ramp to clear before taking the boat out. Note to all dad's out there . . . don't forget sunblock on the face even if it is chilly all day and the child is all bundled up. Kayla did great with the two pickerel, missed a nice mystery hit in the weeds using a lizard which I wish she caught, I would have like to see what it was too. She had fun watching the fish swim in the livewell and eating snack after snack. When we got home she chatted mommy's ear off about it for 20 minutes.

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of her fish though! I even brought the lip-grip pliers down to the weigh-in to get a picture of her with it, but in our excitement to watch it swim back into the lake I forgot the picture.

Here Fishy Fishy!

MY BOAT!
#1351709 - 09/18/11 11:11 AM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Mitch P. Offline

Great job Paul, Paul, Joe Sabass, Tall 1 and everyone involved for making it all happen.

I think there is nothing more important to preserving the future of fishing than getting kids interested in it.

I'll post a bunch of pics tomorrow.
#1351751 - 09/18/11 12:42 PM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: Mitch P.]
nantz Offline

Great job to everyone involved,
My kids had a great time and so did I. I cannot believe how many prizes they came home with as well as the magic show, pizza and drinks. I didnt spend a single dollar. It was much more enjoyable than going to the Hebron fair last weekend which cost me over a hundred bucks.
Thanks,
Mark and Family
#1351774 - 09/18/11 01:55 PM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
RickCee Offline

Loc: West Springfield, MA
Another great CTF Kids Day event. applause

Ryan only landed 2 very small Smallmouth but he still had a blast.

Thanks Paul, Paul and Mitch for this wonderful youth event you guys put on, you do a great job beerchug

Some pics

The Prize table

Food table

Zach and Ryan with their goodies

Mitch and family pcinic

Congrats to all the kids, they are all winners at this event applause

Thanks again beerchug
#1351784 - 09/18/11 02:26 PM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
joe sabas the fishin magician Offline

Loc: Jupiter,Florida
WOW, Thanks we had a great time, this was my first time fishing this event with my grandkids they just could not make it before ,
They had a blast and Thanks to Paul (PDona) for the worms at the end that was the ticket to save the day. and Thanks to all that came and enjoyed ,Just a great event Thanks to Mitch ,Paul ,Jon, and crew for putting this on every year. I can't beleive the amount of stuff you give away and all the smiles you create.
Dis I say THANK YOU !!!!

JOE SABAS
THE FISHIN MAGICIAN
Jupiter,Florida.
#1351825 - 09/18/11 05:07 PM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
bowdown party2 Nice day!

New House 5/18
#1351921 - 09/19/11 12:01 AM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
buckcall Offline

I'd Like to start off by Thanking RayZ for taking the time to come to this event and taking me, Connor, and Shane out on his boat...Your a very good man with a even bigger heart..Thank you so much Ray. The kids loved fishing with you.

Paul,Paul, Mitch,Joe, and Jon...What can I say ,but what a blast for all of us thanks to you guys..Great job and I look forward to helping out with the event next yr.

If you voted for Malloy your an idoit if you voted for Obama you just an ass hole and should be striped of your citizenship!

This country has room for but one flag..The american flag..This country has room for but one language the english language.
Theodore Roosevelt
#1351947 - 09/19/11 01:01 AM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Tall 1 Offline

Just a perfect day!
Friends, fishing and great weather made this a terrific day.
Plus the squeals, giggles and laughter of children having a blast are some of the greatest sounds on earth.

Joe- you're an awesome magician and the kids just love your show.

Thanks to Paul X2 for all of their hard work and thanks to everyone that helped to make yesterday so special.

Largefry, your son Alex is a great fisherman and you can be very proud of him! You're both always welcome on my boat anytime.

Here's some pics:

Alex with an 8lber (Roland Martin style)

Here's a nice Gardner Lake smallmouth

Just like Candlewood in the spring

Here's Alex with the pickerel he weighed in

Lots of prizes

This guy kept coming around saying he liked to fish and wouldn't shut up about his big idea...something about starting a website for outdoors junkies. Stupid idea- that will never take off!We had him arrested! biggrin

Edited by Tall 1 (09/19/11 01:03 AM)
#1352029 - 09/19/11 12:36 PM Re: 2011 CTF KID'S DAY RESULTS [Re: PDona]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
we were so bummed we couldn;t make it, had 2 big tournaments here at the course,....we didn;t tell Brendan , he would 've been crushed,.....Tina was gonna try and get him up there but I needed her here,........I saw AJ drive by and , well that stunk,...looks like all had a great time(impossible not too) nice fish yal!!!!!! see ya next year!

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Active Topics