Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1387655 - 01/28/12 10:59 AM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Conrad G.]
jonh Offline

FUBO

Originally Posted By: Conrad G.
Don P is still around. We are going ton the keys in a few weeks...
how romantic smile1

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
Fishing Info
#1387672 - 01/28/12 11:47 AM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: jonh]
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: jonh
I bumped into Steve Hopkins (Tiderunner) at Mystic aquarium last year. I think he said he didn't even put his boat in the water last summer, and doesn't have much time to fish. I forgot to ask about Goose.

Steve actually stopped in the shop last week eek2 It was great to see him again... As you said, he hasn't fished much. His boat hasn't been wet in over 3 years. He and Sue are busy raising their grand daughter which has really changed things for them both. I was HORRIFIED to hear that he has taken up golf help Golf??? GOLF??? One of the BEST fishermen this state has ever seen is now golfing??? I thought I was going to throw up.

Goose is still fishing but not as much as he used to, he stops in from time to time. He works at DMV in Enfield I believe...
#1387695 - 01/28/12 01:12 PM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Tall 1]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
Throw up??????? confused2

grin

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1387702 - 01/28/12 01:47 PM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: chris med]
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: chris med
Throw up??????? confused2

grin

Kinda like you would if I invited you to go striper fishing in the river... kiss

I've always said that if I had enough free time to go golfing, I'd go fishing instead... Could you see me out there on the course with lime green pants and one of those Jackie Stewart looking hats on???? biggrin
#1387796 - 01/28/12 09:56 PM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Tall 1]
Tall 1 Offline

Good stuff.
I agree, Steve is one of the best. It sounds like he got burned out on fishing or something.
He taught me how to load a bomber and was helpful in teaching me about the river striper run.
#1387804 - 01/28/12 10:25 PM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Blaine]
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
Originally Posted By: Blaine
I've always said that if I had enough free time to go golfing, I'd go fishing instead... Could you see me out there on the course with lime green pants and one of those Jackie Stewart looking hats on???? biggrin

You need to hit the course with this guy.

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#1387814 - 01/28/12 11:19 PM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Tall 1]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
Ahahaahahaahah good damn times

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1387824 - 01/28/12 11:52 PM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Tall 1]
buckcall Offline

DonP just bought a new house and between that and the kids have him pretty busy.

Chris in ct is doing good and like Mitch said...He lost his interest in internet fishing, but gets out once in a while..Not nearly like he use to. He is doing well from what i got out of him the last time we talked and updates from JoeG

Csimone...well I'm very said to say that the monkey jumped on his back and he lost it. Hopefully one day he can make the change in his life that he needs. Before this thing got ahold of him. He was tons of fun to fish with and BS on the phone with..Even though he hated ice fishing he'd always come meet me when i was hitting up candlewood on the hardwater. I pray that one day he can turn it around. For his kids sake anyway.

If you voted for Malloy your an idoit if you voted for Obama you just an ass hole and should be striped of your citizenship!

This country has room for but one flag..The american flag..This country has room for but one language the english language.
Theodore Roosevelt
#1389527 - 02/04/12 12:19 AM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Tall 1]
Booty Offline

I talked with Chris this past Wednesday he is doing good, still the same Chris.

Catch and release, then catch again, and again, and again......
#1389541 - 02/04/12 01:40 AM Re: Former Member Updates? [Re: Tall 1]
Bill S Offline

Loc: CT
I'm going on a cod trip with Chris (Goose) and Steve Hopkins on the 13th, They are both doing good. Like others said, Steve Doesn't fish as much as he used to. Steve taught many of us what we know about striper fishing on the CT river.

Custom Colors Built To Last, Try Mike's Custom Plugs

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics