ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1479643 - 02/20/13 10:13 AM Thank you
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
It has been over 7 years since Katrina took everything except the cloths on our back. We lost or home, 2 trucks, and everything else except our land. Even the bricks to our home were gone including the fireplace and chiminy. I do find some bricks occasionally when I try to plant a tree to replace the dozen we lost on our 2 acres. We went 7 months withoout electricity and it took about 9 months before we could move back on our property.

You were the winds beneath our wings as my wife Jo-Ann and I struggled to keep our heads above board. With the words of support along with the various types of help you sent us we could not have been where we are today. You helped us to the extent we were able to share the love and support with the few people that were comming back with us. You actually reached out to our entire community down here.

Although I have said it before I want to once again thank all the CTF group, my friends from P&WA, my fellow firefighters from both companys I have served in and others through out the state I have fought with, The comunity of Old Saybrook, and the many others in the state that came together with my family to keep us thinking positive and looking forward.

Carma came to us and I wish the carma back to you.

Thank you and God bless.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
Fishing Info
#1479650 - 02/20/13 10:47 AM Re: Thank you [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
Hoop,

Happy to help. Wish I could afford to come down. Doing the kitchen and bathroom right now.

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#1479655 - 02/20/13 11:44 AM Re: Thank you [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
I've already promised myself I'm coming down next year for some wahoo...........will bring a MAJOR care package grin it's great to see your reports and thanks for the calls during our storms.....I think its safe to say we're all somehat jealous lol beerchug

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1479666 - 02/20/13 12:23 PM Re: Thank you [Re: chris med]
SoundsFishy Offline

Got Milt?

Loc: Bpt CT
Originally Posted By: chris med
I've already promised myself I'm coming down next year for some wahoo...........will bring a MAJOR care package grin it's great to see your reports and thanks for the calls during our storms.....I think its safe to say we're all somehat jealous lol beerchug

I'll join you Medley.... if you're not joking. You went through some real hell Hoop....we are all glad you're back in bizness.

Stay well

Edited by SoundsFishy (02/20/13 12:47 PM)

In Bombings, we blame the Bomber. In Drunk Driving deaths we blame the Driver. In Shootings we Blame the Gun ?? wtf
#1479679 - 02/20/13 12:47 PM Re: Thank you [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
Im not joking.he's offered for years and this year was the last year I regretfully decline......

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1479696 - 02/20/13 02:22 PM Re: Thank you [Re: chris med]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Loc: Wallingford CT
Originally Posted By: chris med
Im not joking.he's offered for years and this year was the last year I regretfully decline......

Chris, I'm willing to step up and add another person to that trip if you'll have me. If you can fit me in, count me in for sure!

BTW, Thanks for all you do to help us through the winter blues up here Capt Hoop. Your reports keep us going. I wasn't part of CTF back then, but if I was, I would have helped in any way I could! Lets hope it never happens again!

Edited by FarmerJay (02/20/13 02:23 PM)

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
#1479708 - 02/20/13 03:00 PM Re: Thank you [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

I might even be into doing that trip Make it a foursome LOL

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#1479848 - 02/20/13 10:20 PM Re: Thank you [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
A chance to help some of the most generous and helpful people you know?
Doesn't happen a lot, and was glad to.

I'm in. Let's charter a bus. wink2

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#1479860 - 02/21/13 12:15 AM Re: Thank you [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Mitch P. Offline

Hoop, you're a class act and shining example for all of us to follow when we think we have problems.
#1480082 - 02/21/13 09:22 PM Re: Thank you [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Louie-Louie Offline

Loc: Union, Conn.-Westerly RI
God bless you and your family and keep the reports comin.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics