ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1482638 - 03/06/13 03:51 PM Re: For those of you planning to fish Candlewood with your 45 foot bass boats.... [Re: EnCon Police]
lock&load Offline

Loc: east windsor

hell i dont have to trailer it
Fishing Info
#1483205 - 03/08/13 01:15 PM Re: For those of you planning to fish Candlewood with your 45 foot bass boats.... [Re: EnCon Police]
RichZ Offline

Geezer

Loc: CT
I would have sworn that half the docks on the lake had 26 footers tied up to them.
Quote:

“Restricting vessel length on Candlewood Lake will have positive effects on access, pumpout facilities, noise pollution, user conflict, and safety”

No it won't. Because the existing ones, plus another 40 or so sitting in stock or on order from marinas around the lake will be grandfathered in, this can only slow the negative impact, not create a positive impact.

RichZ

Everybody's got to believe something — I believe I'll go fishing.

Check out my Bass Blog.
#1483210 - 03/08/13 01:27 PM Re: For those of you planning to fish Candlewood with your 45 foot bass boats.... [Re: EnCon Police]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1484663 - 03/15/13 08:57 AM Re: For those of you planning to fish Candlewood with your 45 foot bass boats.... [Re: EnCon Police]
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
IMO, this is a big over stretching of DEEP authority. I would bet it would not survive in court, if someone with the means and energy wanted to challenge it.

This does not help support the argument that the DEEP is short of resources.

Edited by John from Madison CT (03/15/13 08:58 AM)

#1484688 - 03/15/13 10:08 AM Re: For those of you planning to fish Candlewood with your 45 foot bass boats.... [Re: EnCon Police]
EnCon Police Offline

Sec. 15-136. Ordinances and regulations. (a) Any town, by ordinance, may make local regulations respecting the operation of vessels on any body of water within its territorial limits. Upon adoption, each such ordinance shall be submitted to the commissioner and, if not disapproved by him within sixty days thereafter, shall take effect as provided in subsection (c) of this section. The commissioner may disapprove any ordinance or part thereof which he finds to be arbitrary, unreasonable, unnecessarily restrictive, inimical to uniformity or inconsistent with the policy of this part.

(b) The commissioner may adopt regulations, in accordance with the provisions of chapter 54, respecting the operation of vessels on any body of water which lies within the territorial limits of two or more towns (1) when no local regulations exist or (2) when such action is required to establish uniformity in the boating regulations of the several towns. Any town, by vote of its legislative body, and any group of ten or more interested persons may petition the commissioner for the adoption, amendment or repeal of the regulations. The commissioner shall hold a public hearing on each such petition in the petitioning town or in one of the towns which will be affected, giving all interested persons an opportunity to present their views. Notice of such hearing, stating the date, time and place thereof and the substance of the proposed regulation, shall be published at least ten days prior thereto in a newspaper of general circulation in the town or towns which will be affected.

(c) All regulations adopted pursuant to the provisions of this section shall take effect upon their publication and posting as required by section 15-138.

(1961, P.A. 520, S. 16; 1971, P.A. 872, S. 380; P.A. 91-91, S. 1, 3.)

History: 1971 act replaced "commission", i.e. boating commission, with "commissioner", i.e. environmental protection commissioner; P.A. 91-91 deleted reference to "special" regulations, eliminated requirement of finding of emergency by commissioner and made the regulations adopted pursuant to this section effective upon their publication and posting pursuant to Sec. 15-138 where previously effective on the April first following adoption except in emergency situations.
#1485024 - 03/17/13 04:56 AM Re: For those of you planning to fish Candlewood with your 45 foot bass boats.... [Re: EnCon Police]
triton186 Offline

so they know there's a problem, and the way they "fix" it is to allow even more of the big boats on the water...pure government genius
#1485039 - 03/17/13 08:06 AM Re: For those of you planning to fish Candlewood with your 45 foot bass boats.... [Re: EnCon Police]
RayZCT Offline

Loc: Glastonbury, CT
quote=triton186]so they know there's a problem, and the way they "fix" it is to allow even more of the big boats on the water...pure government genius [/quote]

It wouldn't be fair to the retailers who already had 26'+ in inventory with the thought that their potential customers would be using them on Candlewood, looks like the DEEP estimated that it would only be a handful.

Z-Man Custom Fishing Rods
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics