Page 84 of 122 < 1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1487354 - 03/28/13 07:16 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
O-BASS Offline

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
Originally Posted By: Joeyartifact
Hey guys. Not many people on this site know that i was in a death metal band that used to tour the country. It was called MARGO. we just got back together. Look us up on facebook. Our songs are also on itunes. Can also check out the songs here. www.margometal.bandcamp.com

heres a video from our set January 26th at Tuxedo Junction. Im the guitarist all the way on the right side. Was our first show back in 5 years and we headlined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-nR-vavmHY&feature=share&list=UUOyehACE2aEKjmGCixnp66Q

Pretty cool Joey! Next time I see you in person, ask me to tell you my Tuxedo junction story. I ain't posting that here. Let's just say it involves the cops. biggrin

is this the one you were telling me about where the hot dog guy exposed himself to you? smile1

as soon as i hear the words "tuxedo junction" i run... so many gigs...
Fishing Info
#1487913 - 03/30/13 08:42 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
cooper bug Offline

Loc: Ct.
This guy also gets an honorable mention. He was known to pound out a note or two.

Scarlet Fade. CT.s finest band!
#1490468 - 04/10/13 01:48 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Pumped to see my hometown metal band "Liege Lord" play a gig after 20 years next Tuesday in Stamford!

http://www.newstimes.com/music/article/Stamford-s-Liege-Lord-reunite-play-Seaside-Tavern-4421739.php

http://www.thehour.com/arts__life/stamfo...488c4b548a.html

I doubt anyone on here has ever heard of them, but they put out some classic American metal and got big in Europe. A lot of their stuff is on YouTube, including some shows I attended back in the 80s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liege_Lord

Unfortunately they are not with their original singer who was on their first two albums and they're playing without one original guitarist (who is a Grammy winner) for this gig, but it should still be a good one.

If you're in the Stamford area, come down and check them out next Tuesday. It should be a killer show in a small bar.

O-Bass, their third album cover alone ought to lure you in. biggrin

#1492568 - 04/18/13 06:26 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Jeremiah G Offline

Adventure Kayak Fishing Dude

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
For the Meshugga fans...a little sumptin different..

WWJD ?

#1492612 - 04/18/13 10:15 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
cooper bug Offline

I like the visual aspects of the video( the dancers synch well) and the beat is catchy but the guy "sounding "(nothing close to what is considered singing) has a huge frog stuck in his craw and that's got to go . Anyone can growl and pretend to be a demon. I mean those vocals are so old and past their prime and so Rob Zombiesh. And the guitar solo 2/3rds into the song just really sucked. But that's Just my opinion. Interesting all the same thanks for sharing! That's my final American idol judgement smile1 thumbs down for me. I'm looking for raw down and dirty talent. No auto tone crap that these so called singers hide behind. Man Layne Staley had some pipes that would put this chump as well many others to the bottom of the barrel.

Edited by cooper bug (04/18/13 11:25 PM)

#1493037 - 04/21/13 01:52 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread Ratt [Re: Mitch P.]
cooper bug Offline

This guy can play! Here's Ratts "loving you is a dirty job" . A serious kick ass job on guitar . I love the throaty chords Obviously this guy likes Ace Frehley by the background Kiss posters. He chose a great guitar player emulate. Aces rift on Shock Me still shocks me.
And he /Ace follows up with a great solo! No one could match him in that moment in time. Just my opinion. These two really make a Les Paul sing and scream . We are fortunate to have such talented musicians.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by cooper bug (04/21/13 03:00 AM)

#1493102 - 04/21/13 11:59 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Joe.G Offline

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
Pumped to see my hometown metal band "Liege Lord" play a gig after 20 years next Tuesday in Stamford!

http://www.newstimes.com/music/article/Stamford-s-Liege-Lord-reunite-play-Seaside-Tavern-4421739.php

http://www.thehour.com/arts__life/stamfo...488c4b548a.html

I doubt anyone on here has ever heard of them, but they put out some classic American metal and got big in Europe. A lot of their stuff is on YouTube, including some shows I attended back in the 80s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liege_Lord

Unfortunately they are not with their original singer who was on their first two albums and they're playing without one original guitarist (who is a Grammy winner) for this gig, but it should still be a good one.

If you're in the Stamford area, come down and check them out next Tuesday. It should be a killer show in a small bar.

O-Bass, their third album cover alone ought to lure you in. biggrin

So how was the show Mitch?? I saw them twice, once when they were deceiver and then with 'anthrax' maybe.?? They opened for somebody but it was a long time ago. My buddies were big metal heads and we would go anywhere anytime. I was more of a hard rock guy but started getting into metal more in my 30's.. I think they even did some ac/dc covers in there early years.

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

#1493174 - 04/21/13 09:35 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: cooper bug]
O-BASS Offline

Originally Posted By: cooper bug
I like the visual aspects of the video( the dancers synch well) and the beat is catchy but the guy "sounding "(nothing close to what is considered singing) has a huge frog stuck in his craw and that's got to go . Anyone can growl and pretend to be a demon. I mean those vocals are so old and past their prime and so Rob Zombiesh. And the guitar solo 2/3rds into the song just really sucked. But that's Just my opinion. Interesting all the same thanks for sharing! That's my final American idol judgement smile1 thumbs down for me. I'm looking for raw down and dirty talent. No auto tone crap that these so called singers hide behind. Man Layne Staley had some pipes that would put this chump as well many others to the bottom of the barrel.

for as much as you hated this band, thats how much i loved it.

jer, thanks for that clip. i really enjoyed that song. the vid is a joke vid i think, but korean chicks can dance to anything they like without argument from me smile1
#1493191 - 04/21/13 10:35 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Jeremiah G Offline

Adventure Kayak Fishing Dude

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
This is special for cooper bug..

WWJD ?

#1493202 - 04/22/13 12:42 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
cooper bug Offline

O bass I never said I "hated the video". I complimented it on two components but gave the nix on the loser thats making noises. I actually liked the beat of the song Jeremiah just posted but Ill swear that dudes got throat cancer and won't last a year! grin . Music is so subjective, that's what makes it so great for conversation.

Edited by cooper bug (04/22/13 05:25 PM)

Page 84 of 122 < 1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 121 122 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics