ctfisherman.com logo
Page 85 of 122 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1493567 - 04/23/13 02:09 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: cooper bug]
O-BASS Offline

Originally Posted By: cooper bug
O bass I never said I "hated the video". I complimented it on two components but gave the nix on the loser thats making noises. I actually liked the beat of the song Jeremiah just posted but Ill swear that dudes got throat cancer and won't last a year! grin . Music is so subjective, that's what makes it so great for conversation.

ok. i never said you hated it either...
Fishing Info
#1493653 - 04/23/13 08:48 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Joe.G]
Mitch P. Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe.G

So how was the show Mitch?? I saw them twice, once when they were deceiver and then with 'anthrax' maybe.?? They opened for somebody but it was a long time ago. My buddies were big metal heads and we would go anywhere anytime. I was more of a hard rock guy but started getting into metal more in my 30's.. I think they even did some ac/dc covers in there early years.

Joe, great to see someone actually heard of these guys! They mainly played down here in SW CT, so I really didn't think anyone would have heard of them.

The show was very cool. It brought back a lot of great memories. I went with three high school buddies and a guy from work. I ran into a few people as well.

The show was solid. However, I really like the original singer Andy Michaud. He's a great singer and showman. Also missing was one of the original guitarists, Paul Nelson, who is also a great showman. Regardless, it was still cool to see one founding guitarist and bassist still rocking.

On a side note, I drank wayyyyy to much that night and paid the price the next day.

Here is a clip from the night:

#1493723 - 04/24/13 12:02 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Timber24]
Cjlovi Offline
Geezer in Training

Loc: Earth I Think
Originally Posted By: Timber24
I had given up on Metallica when the Black album came out and made it apparent that fame and radio play became more important than the music. Enter Sandman is just as bad of a song as any of the newer tunes. You just can't beat the stuff from the eighties that would, as my friend would say, "crack the concrete".

Master of Puppets is still one the all-time greatest metal albums. I just feel that most mainstream music is pretty bad, and it is no place for bands that want to keep their following.

I give them credit for hanging around so long and bringing in a new fan base of little kids. But it does doesn't cut it for us who were raised on the first four albums.

How could you "Not Like Enter The Sandman." I'm 53 and still love that ballad! I blast it at work. The inmates love it!

Don't hold your farts in! They travel up your spine to your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from!
#1494560 - 04/27/13 09:55 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
cooper bug Offline

Loc: Ct.
Glad you had a fun night out. Of course it was the booze that racked your brain the next day. That speed metal would never effect someone in such a manner. Such well composed music that soothes the soul. Epic stuff like that will go down in history, couldn't live without it!

Scarlet Fade. CT.s finest band!
#1494747 - 04/28/13 07:47 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Cjlovi]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
Originally Posted By: Cjlovi
Originally Posted By: Timber24
I had given up on Metallica when the Black album came out and made it apparent that fame and radio play became more important than the music. Enter Sandman is just as bad of a song as any of the newer tunes. You just can't beat the stuff from the eighties that would, as my friend would say, "crack the concrete".

Master of Puppets is still one the all-time greatest metal albums. I just feel that most mainstream music is pretty bad, and it is no place for bands that want to keep their following.

I give them credit for hanging around so long and bringing in a new fan base of little kids. But it does doesn't cut it for us who were raised on the first four albums.

How could you "Not Like Enter The Sandman." I'm 53 and still love that ballad! I blast it at work. The inmates love it!

I agreee... It was not the early stuff... But a kick butt song....not sure how you could not like it??.

New House 5/18
#1494750 - 04/28/13 07:50 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
I still crack up with killswitch doing a great job with Dio's holy diver ....then BUTCHER the song mid way through lol.

New House 5/18
#1495973 - 05/02/13 09:57 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

R.I.P. Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2013/05/slayers_jeff_hanneman_1964_-_2.html

Truly one of heavy metal's greatest guitarists.

Saw Slayer quite a few times. One of their shows at the old L'Amour club in Brooklyn, NY stands out as one of my favorite live shows ever.

Perhaps the best metal song of all time:

Edited by Mitch P. (05/02/13 10:25 PM)
#1495980 - 05/02/13 10:31 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
mrmooch1 Offline

Loc: Fairfield, CT
Great riff on South of Heaven, as well as countless others. RIP Jeff. A great metal guitarist!
#1495982 - 05/02/13 10:39 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

#1495986 - 05/02/13 10:55 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
O-BASS Offline

well, one thing is for sure...

god really IS listening to slayer, right now...

too soon?
Page 85 of 122 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 121 122 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics