ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1611724 - 12/22/14 09:32 AM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: chris med]
EnCon Police Offline

Originally Posted By: chris med
whole thing smells like political bullshitski if you ask me.........no offense at ALL Skip.but why couldn';t local officials"determine" it was shot????? any light on this??? Thanks bud...just want a little more input before the retirement party!!!!!grin rawk

Chris, there's a process with evidence. We knew it was shot but if the person responsible is caught and arrested, when the case goes to trial the forensic evidence is going to be the key element in the entire case. There is no forensic lab in Connecticut that can do a forensic examination on wildlife and provide expert witnesses to testify in court. If this was a sexual assault, a shooting involving a human, etc., then yes, the Connecticut State Police Forensic Lab would have handled it. But they don't do wildlife cases. They don't have the experts in animal and bird biology. The USF&W Service has the best wildlife forensic lab in the country. Because of the federal nexus of the violation we were able to use their services to conduct a full forensic exam of the bird and their experts will come here to testify in court if needed.
Fishing Info
#1611725 - 12/22/14 09:36 AM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: EnCon Police]
EnCon Police Offline

I got a PM requesting info on how you guys could go about adding to the reward amount. I didn't know so I checked with my Colonel. He suggestion was that you have two options. One would be to gather your funds and let us know what you could contribute and we would do an additional press release to inform the public or, you could contact the Humane Society directly and add the money to that fund. He has the contact for the HSUS if you need it.

From my perspective, if CTF comes up with something additional for the reward and you want to go with option #1 where we do a press release, the press release would state that the members of CTfisherman.com added to the reward. I don't know if the Humane Society would do the same or not.

Either way, if you want to do something that I can assist with let me know.
#1611747 - 12/22/14 10:31 AM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: Capt_Jay]
Tod Osier Offline

Loc: Newtown, CT
Just so you know HSUS is one of the largest and most powerful anti-hunting orgs in the country. They fund rewards to make hunting look bad. Illegal hunters should look bad and go to jail, but HSUS does everything they can to link legal hunting with illegal actions like killing eagles.

`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`
Tod Osier on Instagram
#1611750 - 12/22/14 10:56 AM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: EnCon Police]
O-BASS Offline

Yup!!!! Beat me to it Tod
#1611755 - 12/22/14 11:14 AM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: EnCon Police]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

X3 - HSUS is against all hunting. And fishing next.

"HSUS knows an attempt to completely ban hunting would never work, politically. Instead, their idea is to label and isolate specific practices within hunting to create emotional media attention to mislead voters, while ignoring scientific facts and conservation needs. Every time a law gets passed to eliminate specific hunting practices, HSUS gets closer and closer to their ultimate goal – the elimination of all hunting."

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1611763 - 12/22/14 12:27 PM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: EnCon Police]
Capt_Jay Offline

Team Empty Hook

Loc: Ludlow, MA / Niantic CT
Do it from CTF....let's get a list going, let's set 12/31/14 as the deadline to committing the $$$ to the cause.

I'll donate $100 towards the reward.

He who dies with the most toys.......still dies.

USCG Captain - 50 Ton Masters

21' Trophy W/A "Reel Treasures"
#1611764 - 12/22/14 12:42 PM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: EnCon Police]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
thanks for the Clarification on that Skip'!!!! Merry Christmas everybody!

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1611915 - 12/23/14 05:10 PM Re: $5,000 Reward for information on Bald Eagle shot in Rocky Hill [Re: EnCon Police]
Bass addict Offline

Loc: Wethersfield, CT
do they know what type of amunition was used (shot, single bullet, gernade)?

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
- Kenneth Grahame
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics