Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1617419 - 01/25/15 05:41 PM CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct

January 25th 2015 postponed from the 24th due to a snow storm.
Kapt was there near 7 am plowing a skating rink at least 200 yards long, and paths out to Ground 0 where we had the tables set up. HUGE THANKS !

23 kids trudged through snow,slush, and water to fish the event. Parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles all enjoyed the day, as well.
Approximately 15 fish were brought to the scale, and many more caught and released.

Mckenna took first in "sunfish" category with a .12 lber
Josh Maxwell took first in the "other" category with a 1.08 lb catfish
Josh Maxwell also took first in the "Pickerel" category with a 2.74 lber.
Carter Davis took first in the "Bass" category with a .94 lber.

some notes:
*At least 4 pond shiners were caught (pike bait size ! )
*With the weight of the snow, parts of our fishing areas became ponds.
*Don't drill holes where you want to stay dry smile1

*If you didn't sign up on Mitch's sheet with your address, make sure you pm him. We will be sending out some stuff.

Big thanks to 289Fs, and wife for hot chocolate and Deep Calling for snacks for kids. Both for drilling holes and letting people use their augers SmallFry(Alex ) for signing kids up, and weighing in fish Buckcall, and Jeff_Tree for helping out all around, and Mitch P for obtaining the permit, and keeping this site active, so we can do these kinds of events.
Hopefully we can continue this tradition in the future.

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Fishing Info
#1617423 - 01/25/15 06:03 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida

Mitch tending a flag with his daughter.

A river runs through it.

Skating on water.

Sledding.

It was a good time, wet feet, shanty ready to go for a hot air balloon ride, wife outfished me biggrin Kapt plowing camp, bowdown PDona doing a great job organizing everything, kids getting a FEW fish, sledding, pizza, great company and just a really nice day.
Time flies when your on the ice. Thanks everyone .

Edited by JohnS (01/25/15 06:10 PM)

New House 5/18
#1617427 - 01/25/15 06:21 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Looks like a great weather day...Much better than yesterday. smile1
#1617434 - 01/25/15 06:54 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Daddy Pickle Offline

Go big or go home

Loc: Windsor Locks
looks like a good time, wish i could've made it. i got called into work last night, messed up all my plans

Im allergic to land, get me on the water <")))><
My CTF Profile
#1617439 - 01/25/15 07:16 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
EdKras Offline

Loc: Portland CT
My boys had a blast today. We're drying out our boots, but enjoyed the day on the ice. Thank you for putting this together.
#1617440 - 01/25/15 07:22 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Mitch P. Offline

Really fun today, despite the slow bite. Thanks for all the leg work Paul, and nice job to all who brought kids to enjoy the day!

I have a bunch of pics I'll post tomorrow. Here are two for now ...

Got this texted to me while I was on my way this a.m. Kapt in all his glory!

#1617443 - 01/25/15 07:26 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: Mitch P.]
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
Looks like it was a good time ! applause

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

#1617447 - 01/25/15 07:30 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
swwind Offline

well done gentlemen - looking forward to photos

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1617452 - 01/25/15 07:46 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
Tall 1 Online   content

Well done Paul and your team of helpers!!

Looking forward to the pics.
#1617457 - 01/25/15 08:06 PM Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS [Re: PDona]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Loc: Wallingford CT
Job well done guys! It shows! Look at all of the smiles in that picture!!! So glad it turned out to be a decent day weather wise!

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Active Topics