ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1705714 - 01/24/17 03:13 PM Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit
Doormat Offline

Loc: Lebanon, Ct
How is the daily creel limit enforced if you take a multi-day fishing trip? I’m under the assumption that I can take a daily limit for each day I’m on the water. For example; I keep my boat in Noank and go to Block Island for the weekend with my wife. We fish Saturday and Sunday and come back with more than one daily limit of fish for both of us. How does this play out if I'm checked at the dock in CT?

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Fishing Info
#1705719 - 01/24/17 04:03 PM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Doormat]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
I assume your screwed....Unless you can prove you were out for a couple of days, i.e. receipts from marina ect...

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1705723 - 01/24/17 04:41 PM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Conrad G.]
whaler150dan Offline

Loc: Western Sound
I recall this coming up before (someone posting the Q) and I believe that EnCcn replied that it would indeed be a problem and that there is no way to prove when you caught the fish, and the only way to avoid the issue is to come back to port and offload your catch at the end of each day.

All I know is that if it was ME, I'd definitely get the screws! I am a Murphy's Law magnet!

Dan B
#1705728 - 01/24/17 05:40 PM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Doormat]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
I would fish however many days you want with each days' limits.

Let them prove you didn't fish multiple days.

They barely slap the hand of those found guilty, so they can pound beach sand trying to prove an innocent person guilty.

That's all IMO
#1705731 - 01/24/17 05:44 PM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Doormat]
Doormat Offline

I agree but I'm waiting to see if there's a real interpretation or each CO treats it as they see it

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
#1705734 - 01/24/17 05:49 PM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Doormat]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Agreed....curious too.

It would be GREAT to hear a sound and sane response from DEEP on this in agreement as well.

(Or at least know if I should polish up my "Go Pound Beach Sand" statement! laugh .....either answer, I'm not changing for multi day trips and limits.)
#1705738 - 01/24/17 06:02 PM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Don P]
ecurB Offline

Can you eat that ?

Originally Posted By: Don P

Let them prove you didn't fish multiple days.

Now that's funny... rolleyes

"Politically correct" was initially coined by Leon Trotsky to refer favorably to those whose views remained in sync with the ever-shifting Bolshevik Party line. This was important, as "not PC" people risked prison or death.
#1705740 - 01/24/17 06:07 PM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Doormat]
jonh Offline

FUBO

They get paid to go to court. Do you? Is it worth burning a vacation day or losing income to fight a battle you probably won't win?

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1705763 - 01/25/17 07:36 AM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Doormat]
Reelin Offline

If you are on the water, you can only have one days limit in your possession. That even applies if you come back to your home port dock and put your fillets in a cooler on the dock between trips. If you do that, the cooler needs to be off the dock (ie on land, in your car).
#1705768 - 01/25/17 08:09 AM Re: Interpretation/Enforcement of Daily Limit [Re: Doormat]
Doormat Offline

Here is what the regulation states in regards to "Daily Creel Limit" -

Daily Creel limit.

The daily creel limit is the maximum number of fish an individual engaged in sport fishing may possess or land while on the waters of this state or on any parcel of land, structure, or portion of a roadway abutting tidal waters of this state. This limit applies to each 24 hour daily period regardless how many trips a person may make in a day. Note this is an individual limit. Pooling landings among a group of fishermen in a party is not permitted. In other words three anglers in a party fishing under a 3 fish limit do not get a total of 9 fish. Rather, each individual angler in the party is limited to 3 fish.

This (creel limit) section shall not be construed to restrict the number of legally acquired fish that may be kept in storage in the home or other storage facilities, or in a commercial storage facility where seafood is handled, stored, processed or marketed

Edited by Doormat (01/25/17 09:17 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics