ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1708620 - 03/03/17 06:03 PM For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine
TeikasDad Offline

We’ve settled on our retirement home location – New Hampshire. As a result we are selling our lake home on Hancock Pond in Denmark, Maine.

Google map of Hancock Pond

Google map showing the Looney Bin

Hancock Pond is roughly 300 acres in size with depths up to 58 feet, just a bit smaller than Bantam Lake in CT. Clear water that has a healthy bass population and is annually stocked with trout by Maine F&W. The dock is about 35 feet from the front door. Walk out the door, down the stairs to the dock and you’re on the boat. Closest town for hospital, large grocery store, Dunkin Donuts, pharmacy, restaurants, movie theater, etc. is Bridgton, 7 miles away. Mitch and several other CTF members have fished Hancock Pond and are familiar with the area. Some of the photos that they have posted in past years were on Hancock Pond, one year Mitch took a photo of the CTF sticker on the back of my boat.

Downtown Denmark (population of around 1,500) has a Post Office, the town hall and “Jim Bob’s” store where you can get pizza, gasoline and some groceries. North Conway, NH with sales tax free shopping is about a 45 minute ride away. Sebago Lake is 10 minutes away. From Western CT via 84/91/495/95 to Scarborough, Maine then 45 minutes inland takes us about 4 ½ hours. From Hartford area or eastern CT you could probably make it in 3 to 3 ½ hours….provided you can make it past the Kittery Trading Post and Cabela’s at the Scarborough exit. This is a very quiet lake and neighborhood. On a busy summer day you may see 8 to 10 boats on the lake, if that. You will see an occasional float plane land and you’ll see and hear plenty of Loons and Bald Eagles. Besides fishing and ice fishing, there is plenty of land in the area for deer and turkey hunting. If you snowmobile or are looking for a place to ride your ATV legally, you could use the house all 4 seasons.

The house – 3 bedroom, 1 bath with walkout lower level. 2 bedrooms upstairs with bathroom, living room with large picture window looking over the lake, kitchen/dining. Downstairs has a family room with large picture window looking over the lake and a 3rd bedroom off of it as well as a large walk-in closet and basement storage area. The downstairs bedroom also has a picture window looking out over the lake. The house has 3 sources of heat. Electric baseboard upstairs and the downstairs bedroom. Woodstove in the downstairs family room and a propane “wood stove” in the living room – we never use the electric heat as the propane stove heats the entire upstairs. Cable TV, cable internet & phone. Large deck walkout from the living room, deck boards were replaced 3 years ago. Dug well, septic system, one car detached garage, ½ acre lot with 100 feet of shorefront. Aluminum boat dock included with the house. House is turnkey. We have spent the last 15 years working on it so you don't have to, all you would need to do is show up and enjoy it. Roof is in excellent condition. Cedar Impressions siding was installed 3 years ago. All of the double hung windows were replaced 4 years ago with Anderson 400 series windows so all windows are now Andersons. Yard has been landscaped to position a fire pit/entertainment area on the edge of the lake.

The house is 2 ½ miles in on a well maintained dirt road off of Hancock Pond Road. Road association dues are $125 a year for road maintenance. The road is plowed in the winter as several families live there year round. The guy who plows the road lives past us at the end of the road so he plows past us to the main road. We don’t go up there in the winter as we spend it in Florida. A snowmobile trail maintained by the local snowmobile club is right across the street. ATVs are allowed on the private road and can access the snowmobile/ATV trails that cross the road for summer use. There is a private boat launch on the road for residents use only. We’re selling it with the stove, fridge, washer and dryer included. We bought those new when we bought the house and they have only received seasonal usage. Included with the house is most of the furniture – I built some of the furniture and my wife wants to take those pieces with us – most of the dishes, pots, pans, silverware and a microwave are also included.

We contacted a realtor at the end of last summer and they recommended putting it on the market for $339k to $345k. If we sell it ourselves we are asking $325k. We haven’t opened it up for the season but I’m putting this out to see if there is any interest. If no one has any interest then we’ll go with a realtor but I wanted to give any of you first shot at the reduced price. If someone is seriously interested shoot me a PM and let me know. We’ll hold off on listing it until we open it for the season so you can look at it.

Downstairs family room

Downstairs bedroom

Bathroom - fiberglass shower, toilet, vanity, washer, dryer and cabinets.

Upstairs bedroom - lake side

Upstairs bedroom - road side

Beer, wine or other adult beverage consumption area

Photo taken by our neighbor who plows the road - we don't bother having the driveway plowed in the winter - about 3 weeks ago.

The fundamental human right to keep and bear arms is the foundation of popular sovereignty in America. It is what makes this a nation whose citizens are their own masters, and more importantly masters of our government. The alternative is a country peopled not by citizens, but by subjects, beholden and subservient to the state. This is what would-be tyrants of every political stripe dream of.
Fishing Info
#1708654 - 03/04/17 08:43 AM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Beautiful place. Good luck with the sale.
#1708658 - 03/04/17 09:26 AM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
raindropfx Offline

Loc: Waterford
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on the NH home and good luck with the sale. . ...even though I doubt it will take long to sell such a nice place.
#1708662 - 03/04/17 10:18 AM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
air leak Online   content

WOW! Beautiful home!

Good luck.
#1708689 - 03/04/17 05:15 PM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
Tall 1 Offline

I've only seen it from the water wink2 but trust me this lake is loaded with smallies and largies.

Good luck with the sale and the new house Skip!
#1708920 - 03/07/17 06:00 PM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
seeforellen Offline

our family rented down the street there for years! very good fishing with jumbo trout and smallies.
#1717216 - 06/12/17 12:31 PM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
Mitch P. Offline

Hey Skip! We fished Hancock this year and saw the For Sale sign. I didn't catch this thread until now.

Definitely a beautiful lake / location for the next owner.

Best of luck with the move and retirement. We want to see some retirement fishing reports!
#1718291 - 06/24/17 09:55 PM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
TeikasDad Offline

Thanks Mitch. We actually are in the process of finalizing the sale. Closing is in a couple weeks provided there's no glitches. Once we get settled in our new home I'll have time to fish some more. I'll have a whole bunch of new places to try like Squam Lake and Winni.

The fundamental human right to keep and bear arms is the foundation of popular sovereignty in America. It is what makes this a nation whose citizens are their own masters, and more importantly masters of our government. The alternative is a country peopled not by citizens, but by subjects, beholden and subservient to the state. This is what would-be tyrants of every political stripe dream of.
#1718435 - 06/26/17 10:03 PM Re: For Sale - My slice of heaven -The Looney Bin - Hancock Pond - Denmark, Maine [Re: TeikasDad]
buckcall Offline

One of my favorite lakes up there because it has some good Lm mixed in with a heavy smallies population. Those little Rock piles in the middle of the lake are lot of fun to fish.

If you voted for Malloy your an idoit if you voted for Obama you just an ass hole and should be striped of your citizenship!

This country has room for but one flag..The american flag..This country has room for but one language the english language.
Theodore Roosevelt

Active Topics