ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1710647 - 03/31/17 07:47 PM Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits
Mitch P. Offline

For the ninth year in a row, Aquarion Water Company is offering fishing permits to any unemployed person over the age of 18, veteran or active duty service member:

http://www.eastoncourier.com/53205/aquarion-water-company-offers-free-fishing-permits/
Fishing Info
#1710665 - 03/31/17 10:40 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mitch P.]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Nice!

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#1710846 - 04/03/17 06:49 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mitch P.]
JESTERJACKSON Offline

I don't understand. If you have a job you cant get one? Or you just have to pay?

GET HOOKED!
----------------------------------------------
#1710852 - 04/03/17 08:06 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mitch P.]
Mat_Machado Offline

Loc: Bridgewater CT
So give these freeloaders more of a reason to not look for a job and collect welfare? If they can afford a license they can afford the same other costs us working folks have to pay. Unemployed should not receive special treatment, they should be actively looking for a job every chance they get. Veterans or active duty deserve this treatment across the board in my opinion.
#1710853 - 04/03/17 08:25 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Permits are $25/year or $5/day for us working suckers.

Unemployed get free permits

Veterans and active service get free permits.

All who fish need to provide for their own CT fishing license.

Lifetime permits are available for those 65 years old and over.

Some spots have wheelchair access.

Interesting

I didn't see a species list for any of the water bodies.
#1710860 - 04/03/17 09:27 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mitch P.]
JESTERJACKSON Offline

Wow!!! That was what I was getting at. Unemployed for free!! What a joke. They should pay more for not contributing as much to the tax base.

I am all for FREE for Veterans, Active duty, Seniors, and disabled. I have no issue sharing some of my tax dollars with them.

GET HOOKED!
----------------------------------------------
#1710915 - 04/04/17 02:44 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: JESTERJACKSON]
Mat_Machado Offline

Loc: Bridgewater CT
Originally Posted By: JESTERJACKSON
Wow!!! That was what I was getting at. Unemployed for free!! What a joke. They should pay more for not contributing as much to the tax base.

I am all for FREE for Veterans, Active duty, Seniors, and disabled. I have no issue sharing some of my tax dollars with them.
agreed!
#1711083 - 04/06/17 01:42 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mat_Machado]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
Originally Posted By: Mat_Machado
Originally Posted By: JESTERJACKSON

agreed!

Ditto that!

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1712197 - 04/19/17 09:50 AM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mitch P.]
vlodpg Offline

"On Wednesday, April 5 and Wednesday, April 12, anglers may obtain a free fishing permit by going to Aquarion’s Aspetuck Environmental Center at 714 Black Rock Road in Easton. Permits will be issued from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on both days."

From my take on the OP link, it is a day pass only on the above days only.

Not everyone without a job is a freeloader.

The company I worked for was sold & laid off 600 employees (Nov 2016) I left in March 2016 for a (what I thought) better job (career) opportunity & took a 15k pay cut. Because I saw the writing on the wall & left, I lost out on a severance package of 10 years.

I loved my new career now working 10 hrs + a day & going from a 20 minute round trip commute to 2 hrs daily!

8 months later while working through my lunch break, security walked me over to HR & out the door. ( company laid off over 110 people since Aug16-Feb17)

I just found new employment in the same field at 50% less than my original job I walked from.
#1712260 - 04/19/17 08:59 PM Re: Aquarion Water Company offers free fishing permits [Re: Mitch P.]
Buck Offline

I don't think anyone really wants to be unemployed and I doubt few will even show up to apply for the free fishing pass. It is more a public relations statement that they support veterans, the disabled, seniors and those who are unemployed.
I am a veteran, "service connected" disabled from Vietnam, a senior citizen and I have a free Aquarion Water Company permit which I appreciate.
But I also just wrote a check to the FEDs for an additional tax amount of over $9,000 bucks more and to the State for nearly $4,000 bucks more which is a reconciliation of my tax returns and is above the eight estimated tax returns I filed and all of the tax dollars taken out during the year by distributions from pensions and RMDs as directed by tax law. So it is not like we are shirking our tax responsibilities and living off of others.

Active Topics