ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1715497 - 05/24/17 09:55 PM 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT

2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA

This is the Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Food, Fun & Thoughts of Alison SUNDAY JULY 9th

############################################################################
***THIS EVENT IS A CELEBRATION OF ALISON 1st & FOREMOST***
This is a day of enjoying friends, family and nature on water and land in THE SPIRIT OF ALISON...with a side of a fishing tourney...not the other way around. Please don't lose sight of why we are all coming together all day long during this event. Share your stories of Alison (Fishing Trips, CTF Events, Her Posts, Her Catches, Her Humor, Her Spirit, etc...) with your crew & with event participants. Of course we all miss her dearly, but let's keep this positive & in the spirit of a celebration. We all know Alison wants to see us having fun and partying, and that's what we're going to do.
############################################################################

Chronological Agenda of the Day:

=Fishing on Long Island Sound (Lines In 12:01AM - 2:59PM Lines Out anywhere you wish within Long Island Sound). Tournament Target Species: Black Seabass, Fluke, Weakfish & Striper....but all of the day's catch stories, pics and those catches donated to picnic community food are always welcome.

=BY 3:00PM ALL FISH that are to be entered into tournament need to be IN the Tournament's Entry Bin at the Hammonasset Pavilion #2 for Weigh In (Fish entered into the Bin past 3:01:00 PM will not be eligible for the tournament placing, nor any side bet eligibility.). ***ENSURE you are ALL aware of this NO EXCEPTION 3:01:00PM fish IN BIN deadline for fish eligibility.*** I will not allow any drama, arguments or hard feelings regarding fish eligibity, placing, side bet money, etc during this POSITIVE MEMORIAL CELEBRATION OF ALISON'S LIFE & FRIENDSHIP. Let's keep it classy CTF.....nuff said on that topic. Thank You All In Advance.

=3:00PM - <8:00PM Hammonasset Picnic & ***Alison Memorial Celebration of Life*** at Hammonasset Pavilion #2

=CTF Members & their guests are welcome to utilize the Hammonasset Pavilion #2 between the hours of 8:00AM - <8:00PM

2017 CTF Ali-Palooza Index of Events & Post Threads (some are in the works, so keep an eye out for them):
-Announcement, Fishing Tournament Rules & Event Sign Up (THIS Post Thread)

-Fishing Tournament Side Bets SIDEBET

-T-Shirt Orders T-SHIRTs

-Community Picnic Food & Drink FOOD & DRINK

-Riptide/Alison Varian Tributes (Compilation of Tribute posts, Alison's Obituary, Her CTF 20 Questions Interview, Her Posts, etc...)

-Charity Approved by Alison's Family: The Sound School

Many of us here at CTF have known and fished with Alison over the years. Manyyyy CTFers were introduced to Alison, or got to know even more about Alison through the Tribute posts about her.

***THIS EVENT IS A CELEBRATION OF ALISON 1st & FOREMOST***

###########################
FISHING TOURNAMENT RULES:
###########################
=Fishing on Long Island Sound: anywhere you wish within Long Island Sound

=Lines In >12:01AM (No....you don't have to start fishing at 12:01AM, just required after that)

=Lines Out <2:59PM (No....you don't have to fish right up to 2:59PM, just required before that)

=BY 3:00PM ALL FISH that are to be entered into the tournament need to be IN the Tournament's Entry Bin at the Hammonasset Pavilion #2 for Weigh In. (Fish entered into the Bin past 3:01:00 PM will not be eligible for the tournament placing, nor any side bet eligibility.). All fish must remain within the Bin until all Placings & Side Bets are Finalized. ***ENSURE you are ALL aware of this NO EXCEPTION 3:01:00PM fish IN BIN deadline for fish eligibility.*** I will not allow any drama, arguments or hard feelings regarding fish eligibity, placing, side bet money, etc during this POSITIVE MEMORIAL CELEBRATION OF ALISON'S LIFE & FRIENDSHIP. Let's keep it classy CTF.....nuff said on that topic. Thank You All In Advance.

=Tournament Target Species: Black Seabass, Fluke, Weakfish & Striper
....but all of the day's catch stories, pics and those catches donated to picnic community food are always welcome. Tournament fish must at least meet the minimum catch requirements (Size Length & Quantities, and taken by legal methods) of The State of CT...our event's home port being Hammonasset CT State Park

=All 4 fish species will be be placed By Weight into their respective species 1st, 2nd & 3rd place standings. The fish placings will be judged and decided by CTF's Don P. Any fish that is close to call will have its placing decided by the 3 Panel Member Tournament Committee (CTF's Don P/Don, FarmerJay/Jay & LegalFish/Alfonso). If any of the 3 Panel Tournament Committee Members are unavailable that member's designee will fill in.
Fishing Info
#1715498 - 05/24/17 09:55 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

#####################
Fishing Team Sign-Ups:
#####################
1. Team "Commit!": Don P / Don, Papa Bear / Don, JLMOS / John & Chris G / Chris
2. Team "Hotdog": Jaybirdfishing / Jay, LegalFish / Alfonso & Bullwinkle / John
3. Team "Sipala": swwind / Todd, cat in the hat/ Paul , Fisherman038 / Nicholas (Alison's Nephew), Murph / Murph, LargeFry / AJ & O'Bass / Mike
4. Team "Shamrock": Jighead / Walt & John
5. Team "Slightom's Pro Anglers" (2 Kayaks): Sweetchuck / Mike, Sweetchuck's brother / Matt
6. Team "Lukey Boy": Friction Angler / Dave, Friction Angler's Son / Luke, Friction Angler's Guest / tbd
7. Team "Aquaholic": Nate M & Rich M
8. Team "No Whine": Conrad G & Larry
9. Team "Frank-n-Jay": Frank / Frank & FarmerJay / Jay

################################################
CTFers LOOKING FOR Open Seat(s) on someone's boat:
################################################

#######################
Captains looking for Crew:
#######################

#######################################

Hammonassett Pavilion #2 Attendance Sign-Up:
########################################
1. Don P / Don
2. PaPa Bear / Don
3. JLMOS / John
4. FarmerJay / Jay
5. LegalFish / Alfonso
6. Garth (Alison's Husband) welcomeaboard
7. Bullwinkle / John
8. Jaybirdfishing / Jay
9. sswind / Todd
10. Chris G / Chris
11. O'Bass / Mike
12. LargeFry / AJ
13. Fisherman038 / Nicholas (Alison's Nephew) welcomeaboard
14. Alison's Father welcomeaboard
15. Alison's Sister welcomeaboard
16. Alison's Nephew#2 welcomeaboard
17. Alison's Dad's Girlfriend welcomeaboard
18. Fisherman038's Brother (Alison's Nephew) welcomeaboard
19. Fisherman038's Dad (Alison's Cousin) welcomeaboard
20. Murph / Murph
21. cat in the hat / Paul
22. Jighead / Walt
23. Sweetchuck / Mike
24. Sweetchuck's brother / Matt
25. Sweetchuck's wife / Kymberlee
26. Friction Angler / Dave
27. Friction Angler's Son / Luke
28. Friction Angler's Guest / tbd
29. NateM / Nate
30. NateM's Buddy Rich M / Rich
31. Conrad G / Conrad
32. Conrad G' lover / Larry
#1715500 - 05/24/17 10:03 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

####################################
Hammonassett State Park & Pavilion #2 Info:
#####################################

Here are pics I took of the Pavilion #2 area on Monday 5/29/17 to give you a lay of the land:

-12 picnic tables
-2 grills
-hot coal receptacle
-lotsssss of parking
-drop off access loop road if needed for loading/unloading
-somewhat close to concession stand
-close to beach and access ways to beach
-etc....

#1715504 - 05/24/17 10:27 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
LegalFish Online   content

Loc: Bristol
Great job Don in getting this thread started. Looking forward to this event.

Alfonzo
#1715543 - 05/25/17 09:36 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
GREAT job, Don! Put me in as a ho, and I'll attend the picnic and bring a dish.

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

#1715562 - 05/25/17 12:54 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Sounds great Paul!

Keep signing up CTFers!
#1715573 - 05/25/17 02:28 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
jaybirdfishing Offline

Loc: Rocky Hill, CT
Don, I am in. Legalfish/Alfonzo will be joining me on my boat.

Edited by jaybirdfishing (05/25/17 04:08 PM)
#1715595 - 05/25/17 09:15 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
swwind Offline

Don

Sipala is all in.

Space to take a bunch of CTF folks.

Todd

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1715598 - 05/25/17 10:01 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Team Tuesday is in. Well the sea hunt will be fishing. Probably JoeWaterclam, Michelle may mate the trip. Crew will be firmed up but we are in and will hang at the picnic.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1715600 - 05/25/17 10:56 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Awesome guys & 1 Girl!!! applause

Calling All CTFers: YOU can catch Tourney Winning Fluke Right from the Hammo shore. Sign up and USE the pavilion #2 all day with your family. We own that pavilion 8:00AM - 8:00PM....come on down and USE IT....us smelly fisherman won't be showing up until about 3:00PM. Would love to have you down all day and at the picnic from 3:00PM+++, but feel free to come on down 8:00AM+ with your family and use the pavilion, 2 grills, 12 picnic tables, beach, restrooms, concession stand, etc.
#1715610 - 05/26/17 07:16 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

No Striper catagory ?

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1715619 - 05/26/17 08:48 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Jighead]
Don P Online   content

Originally Posted By: Jighead
No Striper catagory ?

No

....but feel free to start a post with that side tourney and run it.
#1715630 - 05/26/17 10:27 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Fisherman038 Offline

Loc: Candlewood lake
I am Alison's nephew and plan on attending and would like to join someone on their boat. FarmerJay are you going? Also, her father, sister, and other nephew plan on attending but not fishing.
#1715631 - 05/26/17 10:41 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Excellent Nicholas! applause
#1715639 - 05/26/17 12:08 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Murph Offline

Loc: CT. Got a problem with that?
put me down as a definite for the picnic, and also as looking for an open seat for fishing

If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one.

#1715646 - 05/26/17 12:24 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Fisherman038 Offline

Also going is my brother, my Dad and Alison's Dad's girlfriend.
#1715664 - 05/26/17 01:27 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

"Alison's Dad's girlfriend".....what a STUD!!!
cha kneel cha

applause
#1715666 - 05/26/17 01:52 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Fisherman038]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Loc: Wallingford CT
Originally Posted By: Fisherman038
I am Alison's nephew and plan on attending and would like to join someone on their boat. FarmerJay are you going? Also, her father, sister, and other nephew plan on attending but not fishing.

Nicholas, I do plan to attend and hopefully fish the event, but I'm in the middle of remodeling my bathroom, so I'm not 100% sure I'll have the time to get my boat ready by July 9th. If I do, I would be honored to have you aboard!

Wow, your request sure gives me a new push for getting my boat ready! I can't even imagine not being able to fill your request after all the times Alison took me out. All I can do is promise to give it my best shot!

Edited by FarmerJay (05/26/17 01:53 PM)

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
#1715678 - 05/26/17 05:14 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: FarmerJay]
Don P Online   content

Originally Posted By: FarmerJay
Originally Posted By: Fisherman038

Nicholas, I do plan to attend and hopefully fish the event, but I'm in the middle of remodeling my bathroom, so I'm not 100% sure I'll have the time to get my boat ready by July 9th. If I do, I would be honored to have you aboard!

Wow, your request sure gives me a new push for getting my boat ready! I can't even imagine not being able to fill your request after all the times Alison took me out. All I can do is promise to give it my best shot!

Jay you're a single guy! You don't need a working bathroom, and you definitely DON'T start a bathroom renovation at the exact time you're supposed to be prepping your boat for the season. If you continue to make such ludicrous decisions, then you may as well get married so she can tell you to start the bathroom Reno at the beginning of the boating season!!! banghead wtf You single guys that F things up on your own just have no one to blame but yourselves! crazy

No STOP renoing your bathroom and prep your boat to take Alison's nephew Nicholas out Fishing during her memorial tourney!!! This is a no brainier. #Do-It!!!

(Nick....hit up sswind/Todd who has a big boat and who is offering open seats for this event in case Jay continues down this ohhhh so wrong path of his! wink2 )
#1715687 - 05/26/17 07:38 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Originally Posted By: Don P
No Striper catagory ?

No

Cool.

Striper side bet anybody?

#1715688 - 05/26/17 07:48 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
Well Done Don!!! Add me as crew of the FV Sipala!

Come on now.......lets all do this!!!!!!!!!

Fishing Team Sign-Ups:
1. Team "Commit!": Don P/Don, Papa Bear/Don & JLMOS/John
2. Team " ": Jaybirdfishing / Jay & LegalFish / Alfonso
3. Team "Sipala": swwind / Todd.....with seats for many!!! (Hit him up CTFers!!!)
4. Team "BuschWood": CWoodMan / Chris, Michele, WaterClam / Joe

CTFers LOOKING FOR Open Seat(s) on someone's boat:
1. P. Dona / Paul
2. Fisherman038 / Nicholas (Alison's Nephew) welcomeaboard
3. Murph /

Hammonasset Pavilion #2 Attendance Sign-Up:
1. Don P / Don
2. PaPa Bear / Don
3. JLMOS / John
4. FarmerJay / Jay
5. LegalFish / Alfonso
6. Garth (Alison's Husband) welcomeaboard
7. P. Dona / Paul
8. Jaybirdfishing / Jay
9. sswind / Todd
10. CWoodMan / Chris
11. Chris' wife Michele
12. WaterClam / Joe
13. Fisherman038 / Nicholas (Alison's Nephew) welcomeaboard
14. Alison's Father welcomeaboard
15. Alison's Sister welcomeaboard
16. Alison's Nephew#2 welcomeaboard
17. Alison's Dad's Girlfriend welcomeaboard
18. Fisherman038's Brother (Alison's Nephew) welcomeaboard
19. Fisherman038's Dad (Alison's Cousin) welcomeaboard
20. Murph

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#1715692 - 05/26/17 08:50 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
CWood Man Offline

Um we are not team Buschwood! Team Tuesday! Fishing in the Sea Wood.

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Chris
#1715693 - 05/26/17 09:06 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

laugh ....I was waiting for your response Chris. smile1
#1715696 - 05/26/17 09:26 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Jighead]
Don P Online   content

No Striper catagory ?

No

Cool.

Striper side bet anybody?

Jighead: I have reconsidered, and I'll add a "STRIPER" category. It would keep it neater to have all tourney species on one post. Would you like to run the sidebet for all 4 species, and start that post? Or would you like me to?....your call. Let me know ASAP so that post can get started.
#1715698 - 05/26/17 09:43 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

***UPDATE*** This Memorial Tourney is now a 4 Species Event with Target Species: Seabass, Fluke, Weakfish & Striper......with Striper as the recent add as requested by Jighead.

Thanks for the inspiration Jiggy.
#1715731 - 05/27/17 12:24 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Thanks Don

Sign me up.

striper

Check your PMs too

Edited by Jighead (05/27/17 12:25 PM)

#1715733 - 05/27/17 01:06 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

2 PMs back atcha Jiggy....THANKS for stepping up Capt. Cash Pool!!! applause

All: A separate Cash Pool post for this event will be posted and run by Jighead....keep your eyes and gills peeled for it!
#1715792 - 05/28/17 06:24 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

This event is shaping up nicely! So far:

=5 Boats with Crews

=22 People attending the Hammy Pavilion Fest!!! applause

=Cash Pool fish side bet is being crafted by Jighead as we speak....look for it to hit being posted soon

=T-Shirts for this event are being worked out through FarmerJay....look for that post coming

=Community Food post has been posted and is being worked out through Crazy Ivan....thanks Crazy "foot" Ivan

Keep signing up CTFers.....this is a Not To Miss CTF Event!!!

We NEED more boats & "pavilioners" smile1
#1715818 - 05/28/17 11:10 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

"Team Commit!"
-Don P / Don
-Papa Bear / Don Sr.
-JLMOS / John
-TBD Special Guest / ???

.....we're committed to #WINNING ...and named in the spirit of Alison as she would yell at nibbling fish on her rod "Commit....COMMIT!!!!!!"....I ALWAYS loved it when she would yell that. Made me laugh every time, and brings HAPPY TEARS to my eyes as I write this...She Was And REMAINS Such A Special Person & Spirit...THAT will never end in my being, and I'm sure in all of us that will live on in us.
#1715849 - 05/28/17 07:01 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: FarmerJay]
Fisherman038 Offline

Thank you, Farmer Jay. Hope to see you next weekend.
#1715926 - 05/29/17 02:07 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
This event is shaping up nicely! So far:

=5 Boats with Crews

=22 People attending the Hammy Pavilion Fest!!! applause

=Cash Pool fish side bet is being crafted by Jighead as we speak....look for it to hit being posted soon

=T-Shirts for this event are being worked out through FarmerJay....look for that post coming

=Community Food post has been posted and is being worked out through Crazy Ivan....thanks Crazy "foot" Ivan

Keep signing up CTFers.....this is a Not To Miss CTF Event!!!

We NEED more boats & "pavilioners" smile1

Crazy Ivan in charge of food, hmmmmmmmm confused2 kiss

Edited by Conrad G. (05/29/17 02:09 PM)

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1716094 - 05/30/17 08:36 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

I just added a lot of Pavilion #2 pics I took Monday 5/29/17 to page #1....post #3 bottom.

Keep signing up CTFers.

It's gonna be a GREAT EVENT & TIME!!!

#1716168 - 05/31/17 11:14 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Don, Unfortunately I can't make this event, I'll be in NH camping/fishing with my GF to Umbagog. : ( This was planned last year. GRRRRRR I'll be with you guys in spirit!

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

#1716182 - 05/31/17 12:19 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

All set
#1716184 - 05/31/17 12:29 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Sweetchuck Offline

Loc: Stafford Springs, CT
Team: Slightom's Pro Anglers

Me (Mike AKA Sweetchuck)
Matt (brother)

We will be fishing out of our Hobie Pro Anglers. Not sure yet where we will launch but most likely Niantic as we prepare for the Three Belles kayak tournament the following weekend headbanger1 .
Any other Kayak's welcome to join us as well. welcomeaboard

Attending the dinner afterwards will be me, Matt, and hopefully my wife Kymberlee.

Will get on the food thread soon.

Thanks Don for running this, for a very special lady who brought a smile to many many people's faces!

Save a tree eat a Deer!!!!!!
#1716230 - 05/31/17 06:46 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Gotcha signed up Sweetchuck family!...good stuff
#1716231 - 05/31/17 06:50 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

About 1 month until the event. So far:

-6 boat teams signed up

-2 people looking for boat seats

-1 captain (sswind / Todd) willing to take a crew on a great & big boat!

-24 people going to the Hammanasset Pavilion #2 picnic, weigh in and Celebration of Alison's Life!

Keep on signing up CTFers!

This is going to be a great event!!!
#1716275 - 06/01/17 10:58 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
friction angler Offline

Dave B.

Loc: Boat: Westbrook
Team Lukey Boy would like to fish the tournament.
Friction Angler - Dave
my Son - Luke
Guest - tbd

We also plan to be at the pavilion afterward. This is a great idea Don. Thanks for putting it together.
#1716346 - 06/01/17 08:52 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Got your crew covered friction angler.

Keep'M coming CTFers!!!
#1716464 - 06/02/17 02:21 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Look for a t shirt thread soon. We've been working on the design layout for the past week and should have a draft to start the thread with soon. I'm trying for a nice looking shirt over keeping it cheap. I hope that works for the majority of the people here.

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
#1716520 - 06/03/17 07:51 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: FarmerJay]
Don P Online   content

Look for a t shirt thread soon. We've been working on the design layout for the past week and should have a draft to start the thread with soon. I'm trying for a nice looking shirt over keeping it cheap. I hope that works for the majority of the people here.

Good work Jay. Looking fwd to what you and your t-shirt guy come up with.
#1716812 - 06/06/17 12:39 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Less than 5 weeks away!

LET'S MAKE CTF GREAT AGAIN!!!!
#1716910 - 06/07/17 06:35 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
NateM Offline
WTF

Loc: Old Lyme
Don please sign up team aquaholic. Nate and Rich M.

" I live my life, one cast at a time."

"Born to fish, forced to work"

Team Aquaholic

#1716918 - 06/07/17 07:59 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
Team No Whine is in cry2 biggrin

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1716924 - 06/07/17 09:00 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

All signed up guys!
#1716992 - 06/08/17 04:05 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

DO NOT PLACE ORDERS HERE.

Please visit the t-shirt thread, and order yourself a shirt. You don't have to participate in the event to purchase a shirt, and a portion of shirt proceeds will be added to any money we raise during the event!

Edited by FarmerJay (06/08/17 04:05 PM)

#1716994 - 06/08/17 04:15 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: FarmerJay]
Don P Online   content

....then don't post T-Shirt stuff here!!!! rolleyes facepalm biggrin
#1716999 - 06/08/17 05:54 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

....then don't post T-Shirt stuff here!!!! rolleyes facepalm biggrin

I was trying to bump your thread up out of the basement!!!!

#1717027 - 06/08/17 10:52 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

laugh
#1717326 - 06/13/17 04:43 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Less than a month until EVENT!!!

Current Sign-Up Status:
-9 Boat Teams
-31 People at The Hammy #2 Pavilion Celebration of Life picnic party
#1717434 - 06/15/17 05:43 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
Great job by all involved in making this event happen,unfortunately I'm unable to attend due to other commitments that weekend.. hope everyone has a great time and you guys catch some fish..
#1717562 - 06/16/17 12:33 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Bullwinkle Offline

Loc: Guilford
Hey Don, I tried PM-ing you but you're over the limit. I'm going to be on team two with Jay and Alfonso.

I plan on coming to the pavilion afterwards. Let me know if I can bring anything in particular.
#1717637 - 06/17/17 07:34 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Added you to the crew and pavilion Bullwinkle! Excellent!!!

Bullwinkle: Crazy Ivan / Craig is running the Food/Drink thread. You can look there and it check with Craig. Thanks!
#1718000 - 06/21/17 05:33 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

***JUST OVER 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!***

Keep signing up CTFers, Friends & Family!

This is going to be a GREAT EVENT with Alison in our hearts, minds and thoughts....and her mojo on our rods!

LINKs updated in 1st post on this thread to:
-T-Shirt Orders
-Food & Drink
-Sidebet

Donations will be accepted throughout the event and given in Alison's name to The Sound School.

THANK YOU ALL
#1718069 - 06/22/17 12:11 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
CWood Man Offline

I am in a holding pattern hate to say and that is why I am not adding to food thread yet. Michelle's son may be visiting from San Diego, he is a Marine and we haven't seen him in a long time.

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Chris
#1718546 - 06/27/17 10:06 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

11 Days Away!!!

Keep on signing up!
#1718587 - 06/28/17 10:34 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
swwind Offline

Don,

Team Sipala will have both Nicholas (Alison's Nephew) and Murph.

Waiting final confirmation from OBass

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1718599 - 06/28/17 12:00 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

THANKS for opening up your great boat Todd!.....updated

ALL: As of right now there is NO ONE ON THE LIST WAITING FOR A BOAT SEAT!.....get on the list if you're looking for a boat to fish from
#1718652 - 06/28/17 08:48 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

I might need a ride.
Was going to use my tin can for harbor striper fishing but that leaves me quickly out of three categories and since this event is in July and not June like I thought rolleyes my striper bite could be gone.

#1718746 - 06/30/17 12:07 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

ONLY 1 WEEK AND 2 DAYS AWAY!

Keep On Signing Up CTFers!!!
#1718785 - 06/30/17 07:26 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
LargeFry Offline

The V.P.

Loc: Chester
Don, throw me on the ho-ho-ho list.

Not much of a salty guy, all my stripers and blues come via the river, fluke hate me beyond belief, but seabass and I have a real good understanding so far!!
#1718815 - 06/30/17 11:03 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

You're on the Ho list AJ.
#1718884 - 07/02/17 07:43 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

ONLY 1 WEEK AWAY!!!!!!....keep on signing up
#1719049 - 07/05/17 09:53 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
swwind Offline

Don - Please add Largefry and O,Bass to Sipala's crew roster.

We are full and I have one inquiry about an opening if others have space.

Looking forward to this, see you at Hamo.

#1719061 - 07/05/17 10:55 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
CWood Man Offline

Sorry guys, on vacation the week after and just too many hoops to jump through. Can't do it.

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Chris
#1719065 - 07/05/17 11:21 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

3 days and about 12 hours until Tournament Start!

Current Status:
-9 Boats Signed Up
-2 People looking for seats on boats
-35 People attending the Hammonassett Pavilion Celebratipn of Life of CTF's beloved Alison
#1719066 - 07/05/17 11:25 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Whoever needs seat(s) please chime up

Keep signing up CTFers!

GREAT weather forecast for Sunday!....81*F , Sunny & variable winds 5knts or less!!! PERFECT!!!!!
#1719148 - 07/06/17 07:36 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

I just updated the attendance as I know of it right now.

Let me know if any updates.

Latest changes to attendance:
-removed CWood & his wife from event, Team/Boat & picnic
-WaterClam/Joe.....are you still attending the event?...let me know...still have you listed
-added "John" as Bullwinkle
-etc....
#1719191 - 07/06/17 03:00 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
Don,

please remove me from the event. I a working on a hot project all weekend and will not be able to attend frown

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#1719199 - 07/06/17 04:46 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Too bad Craig. frown

...but you'll still update the Food thread up until the event right?
#1719244 - 07/07/17 07:11 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
O-BASS Offline

im there. ill be tired, but ill be there on Todds boat with his crew. looking forweard to this very much, been almost a year since ive even wet a saltwater line, and over 2 since i landed anything other than a tog.
#1719245 - 07/07/17 07:11 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

You'll be missed Craig for sure

But please Fedx the Hungarian Goody Plate to:

Hammonasset Pavilion
Care of CTF
Madison CT.

smile1

#1719271 - 07/07/17 10:30 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
swwind Offline

Don, CTF member "cat_in_the_hat" is taking Craig's spot.

Weather looks very promising. biggrin

#1719278 - 07/07/17 11:09 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: swwind]
Don P Online   content

Originally Posted By: swwind
Don, CTF member "cat_in_the_hat" is taking Craig's spot.

Weather looks very promising. biggrin

Updated!

Crazy OUT & Cat IN ....thanks Todd!
#1719305 - 07/07/17 01:35 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
cat_in_the_hat Offline

Loc: Tolland CT
"Someone (???) who asked sswind/Todd for a seat" this is me, now on Team Sipala. Also sign me up for the pavilion. I never met Alison to my knowledge, so I will depend on the boat team and pavilion gathering to learn.

cat_in_the_hat/Paul
#1719338 - 07/07/17 04:42 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

It's all updated c_i_t_h / Paul. You're #21 on the pavilion list since I swapped you with Crazy Ivan's spot.
#1719339 - 07/07/17 05:09 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

About 30 HOURS until legal LINES IN >12:01AM Sunday for Ali-Palooza!!!

Keeping on signing up Capt's & Crews!!!
#1719344 - 07/07/17 06:17 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Frank & FarmerJay are fishing on Frank's boat.

Unfortunately Frank can't make it to the Hammy Pavilion #2.

Neither feel confident enough to enter the sidebet. wink2
#1719346 - 07/07/17 06:38 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Don P Online   content

Currently:

-9 boats with Capt's & Crews

-32 attendees at the Hammy Pavilion #2

I have heard from Alison's husband Garth that Alison's Family & Friends will be coming to the Hammy Pavilion #2, and they will be bringing some food for the picnic.

I asked Garth if he would share some of the limericks he wrote about Alison, and he said he would. Those poems will probably be after the 3:00PM Fish Weigh Ins. I would encourage people to share their memories of Alison as a segway from Garth's poems.
#1719391 - 07/08/17 12:08 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT

Isn't this the signup thread? I thought trash talk was somewhere else? This breaks a CTF rule, maybe DonP should be banned

AGAIN! tongue2

Sorry I can't make it to Hammy.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#1719412 - 07/08/17 04:53 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Frank]
Don P Online   content

Originally Posted By: Frank

Isn't this the signup thread? I thought trash talk was somewhere else? This breaks a CTF rule, maybe DonP should be banned

AGAIN! tongue2

Sorry I can't make it to Hammy.

Glad to have you on the water Frank!....we'll miss you at the 'Ol School CTF Hammy Pavilion shindig
#1719419 - 07/08/17 05:32 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Capt_Jay Offline

Team Empty Hook

Loc: Ludlow, MA / Niantic CT
Dam I thought this was today, not tomorrow.

I'm actually going to be out there tomorrow, gotta be back in Mass by 4:00 though.

Wish I knew what some of your boats are. I'll be in a 26' Proline "Reel Treasures"

He who dies with the most toys.......still dies.

USCG Captain - 50 Ton Masters

21' Trophy W/A "Reel Treasures"
#1719429 - 07/08/17 06:52 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
cat_in_the_hat Offline

Loc: Tolland CT
Just a thought, what is the chance the park will fill to full car capacity and be closed to us returning fishermen trying to make it to the pavilion by weigh-in time? What would be our options?
#1719438 - 07/08/17 07:57 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: cat_in_the_hat]
LargeFry Offline

The V.P.

Loc: Chester
Originally Posted By: cat_in_the_hat
Just a thought, what is the chance the park will fill to full car capacity and be closed to us returning fishermen trying to make it to the pavilion by weigh-in time? What would be our options?

Looking at the recent news articles the only day it was at capacity was the fourth. While a lot of other parks are filling up on the weekends, so far Hammo hasn't been one of them. Hoping most of the beach goers still have a holiday hangover and are taking it easy this weekend... of course now that we brought it up... I'm always willing to hike in with the winning fish!!
#1719452 - 07/09/17 03:40 AM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Well, the alarm has sounded and I'm getting ready to head down to the shore to meet Frank. Reminds me of the early morning trips down to Guilford to fish with Alison. Hope she's looking down on us today, and enjoying what she sees!!!! Be safe everyone, and catch em up!!! Good luck to all.....

Edited by FarmerJay (07/09/17 03:41 AM)

#1719715 - 07/11/17 01:56 PM Re: 2017 CTF ALI-PALOOZA : The Riptide/Alison Varian Memorial Day of Fishing, Friends, Fun & Thoughts of Alison = SUNDAY JULY 9th [Re: Don P]
Mitch P. Offline

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Active Topics