ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1716749 - 06/05/17 09:09 PM CTF Maine bass trip 2017
Mitch P. Offline

Well, another CTF Maine trip is in the books. We missed a few regulars, such as trip leader Ray Z (who is on the mend), but Tim picked up the organizational duties and newcomer Stormshadow joined the fold.

Bummed Scott and I had to cut our stay short and we missed seeing Me_Fisherman at the end of the trip (hope you got into some fish!).

As usual, a good time with fun, fish ... and of course fire pit laughs at the end of each day.

We fished a variety of lakes in the Sebago Lake area. Water temps were 60 to 65. Some fish were on beds, some off, and I assume some yet to spawn. We caught fish on a variety of hard and soft plastic jerk baits, as well as soft plastic baits. I couldn't get anything going on topwater (but maybe somebody else did?).

Here are a few pics. The others might have more to add. Already missing the trip and looking forward to next year! beerchug

My first good fish on the first morning. Since Scott and I were going to be fishing less days, we drove overnight from CT to get on the water at dawn. The largie bite was a bit off for this lake, but we still had a fun start and it felt great to officially kick off the trip.

Next we moved on to a smallie lake to meet Husky and Ralph, where we enjoyed some good numbers of solid Maine smallies.

One of the highlights of this trip has been small water bassin' out of 2-man portable boat with Huskybass. He really has the smallies and largies dialed in, in two lakes.

In the smallie lake, Husky and I got eight fish over 4 pounds, with the largest going 4-13. We got a total of 20 solid fish. Just sick fishing. They did even better last year.

Below are some pics of just some of the fish we got into.

My favorite pic of the trip. Can you say BEAST?!

4-13.

Just a ton of fun chasing these fish out of a small boat.

Roadside lobstah roll during a lunch break between lakes. After lunch, Husky and I explored an unknown little lake and enjoyed some decent largie fishing. Always fun to put in, in new place, never knowing what's in store.

Whit with a tank personal best smallie he got when he and Mike hit the smallie lake!

Some of the nice largies that Mike and Scott got into ...

On the third day, I had the pleasure of getting out with fellow G3 owner, Ralph, who comes all the way from MD for this trip. Been a few years since Ralph made the trek up, so it was great to get out with him!

Does it get any prettier than Maine?

Captain Ralph at the helm.

We got into a good mix of smallies, largies ... and bugs!

Half the fun of the trip are the shenanigans that go on after a hard day of fishing. Nothing like sitting back by the fire, enjoying some adult beverages, good tunes and laughs with the boys!

Tim representing!

The week's meal plan & crew sheet.

Whit cooking up a storm in the kitchen.

Another trip tradition has become Whit's homemade salsa. The stuff seriously kicks ass and is a big hit!

On our final day's fishing, Scott and I got some nice sun in the morning with a decent mix of largies and smallies on our last lake.

Just an all-around good time and one of my favorite trips of the year. Can't wait for next year's adventure! beerchug
Fishing Info
#1716753 - 06/05/17 09:46 PM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Great trip once again! Thanks for the live Pictures! Some year I swear I will make it. Stars haven't aligned but will. Great scenery with gorgeous fish, well done boyzzzzz!

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1716762 - 06/06/17 06:05 AM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: CWood Man]
air leak Offline

Nice smallies! Congrats!

Great pictures! beerchug
#1716766 - 06/06/17 06:54 AM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

beerchug beerchug beerchug

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1716768 - 06/06/17 07:17 AM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
Huskybass Offline

Great report, Mitch. Awesome trip as always. Maine never disappoints. And yes, I did throw topwater a little and got a nice 3 plus Largemouth on it.

Big thanks to TimC for pitching in and running the trip in Ray's absence. We all hope to see Ray back in the mix in 2018.

Edited by Huskybass (06/06/17 07:25 AM)

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#1716777 - 06/06/17 08:59 AM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
Ouchigan Offline

Loc: CT Shoreline
Tremendous. So many cool spots to fish up there. It is endless.
#1716784 - 06/06/17 10:00 AM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
onthewater102 Offline

Loc: Kent, CT
Awesome trip guys!
#1716816 - 06/06/17 01:23 PM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Man am I jealous!! One of these years ..

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1716819 - 06/06/17 01:32 PM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
OldSchool Offline

Sick Smallie fishing!

I've read the Bible...Jesus wins.
#1716827 - 06/06/17 03:41 PM Re: CTF Maine bass trip 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

If anyone wants to go next year, start your advance planning now. We're looking at May 19 - 26 for the 2018 trip.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Active Topics