ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1717975 - 06/21/17 11:35 AM Vid: Eagle snatches angler's salmon
Mitch P. Offline

Fishing Info
#1717984 - 06/21/17 12:33 PM Re: Vid: Eagle snatches angler's salmon [Re: Mitch P.]
Jarhead Offline

Loc: Southwestern CT
cool vid. although it looks like he was feeding it to get the video. Must have been awesome to witness.

Lee

Time and Tide Wait for No Man

#sunriseyakkin
#teamchuggalugg
#1717990 - 06/21/17 03:02 PM Re: Vid: Eagle snatches angler's salmon [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Very cool video.

I'm not calling out a hoax, I don't care enough to do so nor am I graphic savvy, but smile1 breaking down the still photos from the video to me as a lay person it looks like the wing feathers of the Eagle are CG vs real (the shading from the dark to the light....the trees in the background being seen through the feathers (like the index finger feather doesn't look to be attached to the bird, and the tree is between the bird and feather not attached) etc....

Either way....great video....and I didn't see any former scratches on the motor or downrigger housing to show signs of previous feeding and talon scratches.

#1717992 - 06/21/17 03:14 PM Re: Vid: Eagle snatches angler's salmon [Re: Mitch P.]
4ssss Offline

Loc: Waverly Hall, Ga.
Why would anyone leave a salmon filet on a downrigger cover? Just sayin'
#1718021 - 06/21/17 08:52 PM Re: Vid: Eagle snatches angler's salmon [Re: Mitch P.]
Buck Offline

He was feeding it to get the picture but Eagles hang around looking for an easy meal. On one of my Alaska trips we went across Cook Inlet to an isolated glacial lake with a nice sockeye run and the eagles would sit in the trees waiting for any released injured fish. Often we would catch a Char and they would be lathargic on the release and an eagle would swoop down and get it.
During deer season last year I posted a picture of an eagle eating deer scraps in my backyard at the edge of my pond. They never pass up an easy meal.
#1720272 - 07/17/17 06:30 PM Re: Vid: Eagle snatches angler's salmon [Re: Buck]
mattmann7 Offline

Loc: wethersfield ct
Originally Posted By: Buck
He was feeding it to get the picture but Eagles hang around looking for an easy meal. On one of my Alaska trips we went across Cook Inlet to an isolated glacial lake with a nice sockeye run and the eagles would sit in the trees waiting for any released injured fish. Often we would catch a Char and they would be lathargic on the release and an eagle would swoop down and get it.
During deer season last year I posted a picture of an eagle eating deer scraps in my backyard at the edge of my pond. They never pass up an easy meal.

I fished on Highland lake in a tournament a year ago. One of the boats caught some 3 plus pound small mouth from a deep location. The fish were released without fizzing. They swam out about 50 yards unable to submerge and a bald eagle started circling them. Free and easy meal.

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics