ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1718219 - 06/23/17 10:45 PM Classifieds
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
I have been a member here ..like,forever.rarely do I use or check the classifieds,but it seems to me that we are family and the last time I checked most families treat each other...like,well...family.be it looking for a contractor or selling a boat etc....honesty and integrity are what separates us from the apes(and a 3% difference in dna).family first...pretty much covers it.
Fishing Info
#1718222 - 06/23/17 10:49 PM Re: Classifieds [Re: KWK]
O-BASS Offline

did you need a recommendation for a site member service Keith? not sure i understand the post brother...
#1718225 - 06/23/17 10:54 PM Re: Classifieds [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

No.just reading the old closed thread by Mitch on reselling and the other stuff on classifieds.as stated I rarely go there...just my two cents ...10 years later....i rode on the short bus when I was a kid. rolleyes
#1718228 - 06/23/17 11:44 PM Re: Classifieds [Re: KWK]
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Originally Posted By: KWK
I have been a member here ..like,forever.rarely do I use or check the classifieds,but it seems to me that we are family and the last time I checked most families treat each other...like,well...family.be it looking for a contractor or selling a boat etc....honesty and integrity are what separates us from the apes(and a 3% difference in dna).family first...pretty much covers it.

I don't understand this, at all.

#1718232 - 06/24/17 06:41 AM Re: Classifieds [Re: KWK]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Believe KWK is saying he just read the classified "rules" posted by Mitch (years ago). Unfortunate people have acted like boneheads which triggered Mitch needing to write rules about how to act and treat each other within our CTF family...which is a shame it had to be said among our CTF family.

Am I close Keith?....if so I agree
#1718255 - 06/24/17 11:01 AM Re: Classifieds [Re: KWK]
Buck Offline

KWK is on a good point having to do with honesty and integrity of the classified transaction and meeting the correct level of expectation of both parties.
Here is what happened with the "flipping" guideline. Years ago I had two 16' skiffs, on trailers, with 20hp outboards. These boats were from a non-profit group I was part of and they had been used very little so they wanted to sell them to someone who may not be able to buy a new boat and would use them for their own personal use. The price was $1,500 bucks.
So I put them up in the classifieds with this special low price for a member who would use them personally.
The first buyer was a well known site member who was a great site participant. He fixed up the boat to be perfect for the walleye and pike fishing he liked. He ended up moving and he took the boat with him to his new state home. This was the perfect situation.
The second buyer, with his friend, gave me a BS story about not being able to afford a new boat, needed a boat for fishing the upper Ct. River north of Hartford and this would be the perfect situation. Though I was suspicious about their intentions due to some of their questions and body language I sold them the boat at the attractive price. No more than a few days later I receive a PM from a site member who I did not know but knew of the classified offer and that person directed me to a Craigs List listing with pictures in the Hartford Craig's List of the boat that I had just sold to the guy who had the Ct. River sob story. It was a bald faced lie with no honesty or integrity in the transaction. Sure it was legal, sure there are plenty of people who buy off of the classifieds here for flipping and in most transactions the seller is just trying to get rid of the item and out of his garage or off the property so no harm, no foul. But this specifically stated it was for a member's personal use. I could have put it on Craig's List too for a higher price but the charity wanted it to go to a deserving family. One boat did not benefit a member and was flipped for personal gain. One person screwed some other deserving site member.
So Mitch stepped up and put out a guideline and threw the guy off the site too. And that is the rest of the story.
#1718258 - 06/24/17 11:35 AM Re: Classifieds [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Don,you nailed it.bucks story had a bad ending,leaving a bad taste in the mouth for sure.

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics