ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1720829 - 07/23/17 03:09 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
shadbody Offline

I can see this happening on the Farmington no kill area. A fellow is fishing in the no kill area, DEEP officer comes up and ask for his trout stamp. The person reply I don't have one and say why would I need one, I am not keeping any fish. The fellow has a reg. fishing Lic. What would be the DEEP answer to that? They catch people with a load of under size stripe bass and can not get them prosecuted. If I am fishing in the Naugy and a DEEP ask me for my salmon stamp I would say I am not fishing for salmon but small mouth bass. What would be his answer to that?
Fishing Info
#1720836 - 07/23/17 05:21 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: shadbody]
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Originally Posted By: shadbody
I can see this happening on the Farmington no kill area. A fellow is fishing in the no kill area, DEEP officer comes up and ask for his trout stamp. The person reply I don't have one and say why would I need one, I am not keeping any fish. The fellow has a reg. fishing Lic. What would be the DEEP answer to that? They catch people with a load of under size stripe bass and can not get them prosecuted. If I am fishing in the Naugy and a DEEP ask me for my salmon stamp I would say I am not fishing for salmon but small mouth bass. What would be his answer to that?

DEEP MANAGEMENT & THE JUDICIARY SYSTEM has often chosen not to enforce the regs of that the fine men & women Field Officers have diligently worked the case, and caught the criminals red-handed and served to DEEP MANAGEMENT & THE JUDICIARY SYSTEM on a silver platter, and even wrapped up with a bow. IT IS A DISGRACE TO THE FIELD OFFICERS, AND TO OUR NATURAL RESOURCES!

CT DEEP MANAGEMENT have chosen not to enforce the most basic regs on the book (having a fishing license, not poaching, etc), but yet continue to add more regs and rules they won't backup their diligent Field Officers on who try to enforce and bring offenders to prosecution.

It's a whacky system, but it's not the only broken system in CT unfortunately.
#1720837 - 07/23/17 05:29 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
ecurB Offline

Can you eat that ?

They could conceivably require the trout stamp to fish in any stocked waters , just like all out closure to fishing outside of trout season .

Creel and length limits on channel cats , now that the state is stocking them . Go figure .

Trophy carp waters , well we do have good carp fishing and it is getting more popular . Think carp stamp within a few years...

"Politically correct" was initially coined by Leon Trotsky to refer favorably to those whose views remained in sync with the ever-shifting Bolshevik Party line. This was important, as "not PC" people risked prison or death.
#1720839 - 07/23/17 05:32 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: ecurB]
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Originally Posted By: ecurB
They could conceivably require the trout stamp to fish in any stocked waters , just like all out closure to fishing outside of trout season .

Creel and length limits on channel cats , now that the state is stocking them . Go figure .

Trophy carp waters , well we do have good carp fishing and it is getting more popular . Think carp stamp within a few years...

DON'T GIVE THEM ANY BRIGHT IDEAS!!!!!......sheeeeesh!

#1720840 - 07/23/17 05:44 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Conrad G.]
O-BASS Offline

Originally Posted By: Conrad G.
You know whats really messed up is some people on this board actually think that the attempts at gaining more revenue is ok as opposed to fixing the spending problems...We are in trouble partially due to this thought process mad1

Spade.

NAME the guy here who thinks collecting more coin for this will fix it, as opposed to better management. Name them....

Doesn't exist.
#1720843 - 07/23/17 06:56 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
Tod Osier Offline

Loc: Newtown, CT
Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
New subsection (l). Establishes a new type of special management area, “Trophy Carp Waters” on several waterbodies, with regulations that differ from the statewide regulations established in Section 4.

Trophy Carp water is the huge WTF? for me! Trophy water for a destructive exotic (and trash, btw) fish?!?!? Is this a joke?

`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`
Tod Osier on Instagram
#1720861 - 07/23/17 09:24 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
MyGirl Offline

With the additional funds raised will they sponsor or expand new projects, or will they continue to deposit it to the general fund? Can't see how this would benefit the sportsman, anglers, the science, or even the DEEP? It would be a shame to see the people of CT hit with a new tax/cost that would affect them, result in continued impacts on the DEEP, and do nothing to solving the states mismanagement problems!
#1720885 - 07/24/17 08:39 AM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
shadbody Offline

Another thought All the lakes stocked with trout would all the fisherman need to have a trout Stamp? Look at Candlewood with all the bass tournaments on it would they need a trout stamp to fish there. A couple of more Highland and Twin lakes. I would like to see them enforce there.
#1721049 - 07/25/17 05:02 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Proposed Regulations are Available for Your Comment

Occasionally, based on public suggestion or fisheries management considerations, regulations need to be updated or created. DEEP's Fisheries Division is currently proposing to make changes to the Inland sport fishing regulations and to establish trout and salmon stamps. These changes are intended to help provide additional recreational opportunities, enhance existing fishing opportunities, and to provide additional revenue to support recreational fishing.

DEEP's proposed changes to Inland Fisheries Regulations (effective 2018) are currently open for public comment until 4:30 pm on August 25, 2017. The proposed changes are available via Connecticut's "eRegulations system (https://eregulations.ct.gov) or by request from Deep.inland.fisheries@ct.gov or by phone at 860-424-3474.

We would like to hear from you, in favor or against, through one of the following methods.

1. Online via the Connecticut eRegulation system (preferred method)
2. By mail or delivery service to:
Bill Foreman
CT DEEP Fisheries Division
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106
3. By email to william.foreman@ct.gov
4. By Fax to 860-424-4070 (Attn. Bill Foreman)

In addition, a public hearing is scheduled for:

August 9, 2017 starting at 6:30 pm.
Gina McCarthy Auditorium
5th floor of DEEP Headquarters
79 Elm Street, Hartford.

All are invited to attend and provide verbal testimony or written testimony at that time.

The following is a simple summary of proposed regulations and is provided here for overview purposes only. Please refer to the published documents on the e-regulations system for official wording.

1. Establishes a trout stamp ($5), an Atlantic salmon stamp ($10) and combo ($12), required to a.) fish for trout in Trout Management Areas, Wild Trout Management Areas, Trout Parks, or Broodstock Areas or b.) keep (harvest) trout or kokanee (except from waters stocked at no expense to the state).

2. Establishes a definition for "maximum length", "Tenkara", and "bubble floats".

3. Changes the fishing season on Alexander Lake, Baldwin's Pond, and Green Falls Reservoir.

4. Establishes statewide regulation for Common Carp, removes catfish and bullhead from the list of "panfish".

5. Establishes daily creel and minimum length limits for catfish.

6. Establishes a new closed season on the West Branch Farmington River, in the Riverton area and changes the Mill River TMA (Fairfield) to be year round Catch and Release fishing.

7. The Mill River Wild Trout Management Area is extended to the upper boundary of the Mill River TMA (Merritt Parkway).

8. Pasture Pond (Quinebaug Trout Hatchery, Plainfield) is added to the list of Trout Parks.

9. Establishes "Trophy Carp Waters" on several waterbodies. In these waters the daily limit will be 1 fish under 26 inches. All Carp over 26 inches must be released.

10. Various minor technical changes to make existing regulations consistent or to provide clarity.
#1721058 - 07/25/17 05:36 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
Daddy Pickle Offline

Go big or go home

Loc: Windsor Locks
so does this mean kids who don't need a fishing license, will have to get stamps???

Im allergic to land, get me on the water <")))><
My CTF Profile
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics