ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1723336 - 08/16/17 03:28 PM Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park
Mitch P. Offline

Fishing Info
#1723340 - 08/16/17 03:54 PM Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park [Re: Mitch P.]
JLMOS Offline

Loc: Meriden,CT.
Hooray!!!

I should've been here yesterday?
I was...
And I didn't catch anything then either!!!

"Cheese has no business being on a turkey sandwich."~ Silas Robertson

"This here not keeping score crap; Ends today! " ~ Frank Barone

"I want to go back
And do it all over
But I can't go back I know" ~ Eddie Money
#1723375 - 08/16/17 07:50 PM Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park [Re: Mitch P.]
Knothead Offline

I am not sure you would be saying hooray if you knew it was costing you $2,000,000. Yes 2 million dollars. I am all for supporting fishing but that is a lot of money for a state that is broke.

Knothead
#1723377 - 08/16/17 08:16 PM Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park [Re: Knothead]
JLMOS Offline

Originally Posted By: Knothead
I am not sure you would be saying hooray if you knew it was costing you $2,000,000. Yes 2 million dollars. I am all for supporting fishing but that is a lot of money for a state that is broke.

If you read the article it is stated here...

"The project is being paid for with $1.8 million in state and federal grants. This is money that was secured back in 2015. During Wednesday’s ground breaking, a great deal of credit was given to State Senator Martin Looney for his involvement in the project."

Whether they already spent that on something else...(lining their pockets etc..) is yet to be seen.

However; I used to fish there a lot and most of the time I did consistently well. So it's a glimmer of hope for us that do not have boats that can go out on the water where the real fishing is.

Just saying...

John.

I was...

"I want to go back
And do it all over
#1723383 - 08/16/17 09:25 PM Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park [Re: Mitch P.]
JLMOS Offline

Thank you Mitch for posting this.

I was...

"I want to go back
And do it all over
#1723884 - 08/23/17 05:29 AM Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park [Re: Knothead]
Nick_S Offline

Loc: Wallingford, CT
Originally Posted By: Knothead

Yes sir!
As we prepare to increase sales tax, operate without a state budget, and cut education funding day by day. Makes me wanna puke.

FISHING > SLEEP
#1723904 - 08/23/17 09:20 AM Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park [Re: Mitch P.]
jonh Offline

FUBO

$2M is not a lot. It's most likely mostly Federal monies - and given the date it was for hurricane restoration work.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1723909 - 08/23/17 10:42 AM Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park [Re: Mitch P.]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
2 mil., higher taxes for us and another fishing spot For more poachers, if
You put that way, it all makes sense mad1 Just
F-in tired!!!!!

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....

Active Topics