ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1728621 - 10/23/17 03:29 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
Mitch P. Offline

Thanks to Paul and everyone who came out to keep the tradition going for the 16th annual! beerchug

Pics ...

Great to have some longtime members come out, as well as a few newcomers.

onthewater, your little man was a hardcore little dude! He fished with you all day and was part of the group until the end of the picnic. Nice job raising a young angler to carry on our tradition!

Tournament Director Paul Dona launching and ready to rock! pirate

Chilly in the morning, but it would warm up to be an incredible day!

Great to spend a day on the water with the father and son duo of Scott and Brandon, who kicked his dad's butt on the drop shot for the day. rawk

Heading out to our first spot in the fog.

Sunrise view inside Pond Brook.

A lone bass angler working the entrance to Pond Brook.

Team Cwood is all smiles, having already landed a nice early morning pike that would be the winning fish!

Base camp for the post-fishing food, fun and awards.

Even with a smaller than normal crew, there was more than enough food to go around. It's always a given that you are going to leave full, and there is still plenty of food to take home!

KWK stirring up his awesome rabbit stew! Man, that stuff is good. Thanks for bringing it before what could be your last CTF event, now that you will be moving south.

I know someone got a pic of Dona's pea soup. Love that stuff and always look forward to it. I had until I couldn't eat no more. Thanks, Paul!

Hope everyone enjoyed the chili!

Props to Jeremiah for going out to buy cocktail sauce for his shrimp after the event, thinking he left it home ... when it turns out he had it all along. biggrin Nice extra effort, in true CTF fashion!

Fishinbum in the house!

Team Slapshot rides again! beerchug

The prizes on the line.

Congrats to cwood man for taking home 1st with his 35-inch pike. You were due, buddy! beerchug

ctfisherman.com Piketoberfest XV Champion Jeremiah G passes the torch to the Piketoberfest XVI Champion.

With the number of pike caught (2), we already planning to move this back to the CT River next year.

Since only two pike were caught for the first time ever, we raffled off the 3rd place mug. Keywest Glen was the lucky winner!

Very nice to have Buck and Huskybass (who was at the very first Piketoberfest back in 2002), stop by to hang out and enjoy the post-fishing fun.

The final crew closing out the post-fishing fun. Strange to be home before dark for a change. The Countdown to Piketoberfest 17 starts now! beerchug

Fishing Info
#1728622 - 10/23/17 03:35 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
Mitch P. Offline

Fishing report ...

I had a great time on the water with Scott and his son Brandon. They battled each other for most parts of the day in a drop-shot contest, landing a variety of fish, including sunnies, white perch and largemouth. The overall winner was Brandon!

We hit a variety spots, but couldn't rise a pike for most of the day. I got a decent smallie on a hard jerkbait. Then, big bait persistence finally paid off when I landed a 32.5 inch pike on a white spinner bait. It put up a good fight, pulling drag, until Scotty successfully snatched it up in the net.

We thought it was certainly a contender, only knowing about cwood's pike for the day.

Water temps were 67. Just crazy for this time of year.

There are definitely some good pike in Lilly.

#1728633 - 10/23/17 05:57 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
O-BASS Offline

Good Times gentlemen, would have loved to make it. You guys have some Immaculate weather, in the conditions this year are just insane weather-wise. A very overdue win for the man!
#1728646 - 10/23/17 07:11 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
Great report!!

New House 5/18
#1728656 - 10/23/17 08:31 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
Congrats guys and gals! Sorry I couldn't make it but had my son's birthday and my daughter and her fiance came to visit for the weekend. Hopefully I'll get to fish this next year.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#1728660 - 10/23/17 08:52 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: JohnS]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
REPORT:
PIKETOBERFEST 2017
I had come off of last weekend fishing 22 hours with only catching 2 pike and seeing 1 knee buckler. I was ready for me and my boat having some redemption!! THAT didn't happen! BUT I had an awesome time with Jeremiah G. beerchug
Lots of planning, and scheming lead us to the Shepaug River for our best bet at Mrs Esox. We threw EVERYTHING we had at em, but only had a couple of swirls who would have placed, but no dice! I did catch about a 3 lb smallie which I proudly showed a bass fisherman fishing a tournament that am headbanger1

We came across onthewater, his son Trevor and OTW'S bro, Kevin .

All in all, I like the idea of EVERYONE launching in one location, pulling out and having the weigh in at the same location BUT need more fish. I feel the whole day was a success anyway. Thank you Buck for the visit! Always great to see one of our original CTFer's !
We will discuss having it next year at the CT river or another pike lake.
Thank you everyone who put there efforts into this event. I love coordinating it, but it's our members who make it work!

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1728664 - 10/23/17 09:08 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: Mitch P.]
BaldPelican Offline

Loc: Wallingford, CT
Looks like a good time. At the annual Care instructor training we heard that Bass nation has a grant from GE due to PCBs and is planting a lot of artiificial fish structures from the steel bridge ramp this Saturday. Maybe that will help.

Baldpelican

#1728665 - 10/23/17 09:08 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Great picture Mitch, the foliage with the Pike is awesome!

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1728666 - 10/23/17 09:09 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Wow Paul, can't believe that smallie hit that!!!

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1728680 - 10/23/17 10:46 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
Tall 1 Offline

Congrats to Cwood on the win and Mitch for 2nd.
It was a beautiful day to fish and eat great food outdoors.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Active Topics