#1728835 - 10/25/17 01:17 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
Scott needs a new scar to piss and moan about... wink2
Fishing Info
#1728878 - 10/25/17 07:29 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Congrats CWood, Mitch & all participants!
#1728879 - 10/25/17 07:30 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: KWK]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
Originally Posted By: KWK
What a mess.zebra mussels,a massive thick soupy mess of milfoil and God knows what else.the state needs to set up a wash station and have bio major students intern at the launches educating boaters, at least on weekends.they do it in ny,it seems to be suceeding.i have actually educated some of these interns from Paul Smith's school about removing trolling motor props at wash stations it is now sop.livewells,no brainer,bilges???soap hot water.some launches require proof such as a receipt from a car wash.they are getting hardcore upstate ny.maybe we should follow and expand.?

This is Ct. ......you really think they will take it to another level? Yes they should...but the debbie downer says otherwise..wish they would...don't hold your breathe....they do it in Maine though..

Damn i got to get out fishing....

New House 5/18
#1728944 - 10/26/17 12:24 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
Yea,stencils and yellow paint warning about hitchikers,....that will work for sure. rolleyes
#1728980 - 10/26/17 08:50 PM Re: Results PIKETOBERFEST XVI 2017 [Re: PDona]
KeyWest Glenn Offline

Loc: Bristol, CT
Well Team Slapshot/MeanGreen was at it again. DaveyDave came through as always with a solid supply of primo baits.
So with a full bait well, we set out for some fishy looking water which didn't take long. We worked fairly shallow water with artificial baits when DaveyDave got hit. After a quick fight, the net went in the water but the fish came unbuttoned before being netted. At that point we deployed our pike candy and continued casting lures. As fishy as the water looked, we got no love on the live baits. Dave got thumped again but reeled up a clean cut 80 pound leader. That was the end of our action. No bass, no pike, no nothing!!
As always, the picnic was full of great food & great company. Thanks to the lack of fish, I received a Third Place mug via raffle. Yes, I got a "participation prize"!
Thanks Paul Dona & everyone else that keeps this event going! I believe this was my 8th year & I plan on participating as long as Piketoberfest lives. Hopefully we'll be back on CTRiver next year!!!!
Tight lines!!

Team DILLIGAF
Team TUESDAY
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Active Topics