ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1730715 - 11/21/17 04:27 PM Is southern rock dead?
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
I am so Fn old.Henry,monty,Rickey the van Zandt bros are still kickin(Donnie has retired)...gregs son is carrying a torch,Hueblek is gone...shadows and cover bands,...it just seems like Blackberry Smoke is it ,there is a ton of respect for these guys from the old guard in the southern rock old guard...and I'm not a big fan....Charlie Daniels is still kicking ,Marshal Tucker is a shadow as well...Good God I'm depressed... I was never a huge Allman bros fan ...but they pretty much started it..someone throw me a life preserver here.Outlaws 4ever.

Edited by KWK (11/21/17 05:15 PM)
Fishing Info
#1730717 - 11/21/17 05:03 PM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Although...hmmm...ruminating...god dammit...mojo Nixon...hes retired...syrius. whatever
..Horton Heat coming to town. .. ill live.bahaha laugh...i hope all my friends on this site will forgive my alcohol induced rambling...Mojo Nixon and the Heat ...rule. ...i take it back,rock ain't dead...it just smells funny....and yes,I am a constant source of amusement and anoyance to my wife.you guys want to hear the fn 2 funniest greatest songs ever? Go to YouTube and watch mojo nixon do "you can't kill me" and Horton Heat"don't take the baby to the liquor store"or "nurture my pig"....fn 4 sure ......by God I have serious need of a clinical physcologist...whos stepping up to the plate...good luck.

Edited by KWK (11/21/17 05:27 PM)
#1730723 - 11/21/17 08:50 PM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Southern rock will never die.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1730724 - 11/21/17 10:11 PM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
O-BASS Offline

great rant!

none of us are getting younger, brother.

Good music is good music. Sounds like its time to dig into the genre a bit for you. There are always some bands you havent heard of, always some new music in that style you like, you have to look around. You tube, google searches. is the hey day ovcer? yes? but new music always comes out, you have to be on the lookout and search for it.

Music, the industry, the scene, the players, the styles, arent what they were when you were my age, or when either of us were 18. it will never be like that again. Live music is all but gone, but can be found. southern rock isnt gone, its just not in the front seat.

dont self antiquate. i have too many older colleges who do. they refuse to listen to the new, to search out what they like, and learn something about themselves musically, and dwell on what happened in thier youth, or the hey day of music that i totally missed out on...

that is their choice! great music still exists- GO OUT AND FIND IT!

i hear youve retired, bought a great new house in an area filled with fishing opportunities. you gonna sit on your rear end and not throw a few in that great looking pond up the street, just cause it isnt the 100 fish day you had in the Adirondacks a decade ago? HELL NO!!! and if any of us found out you did that, we'd find you and snap you out of it. do the same with the tunes!!!!
#1730725 - 11/22/17 03:56 AM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
Originally Posted By: KWK
Although...hmmm...ruminating...god dammit...mojo Nixon...hes retired...syrius. whatever
..Horton Heat coming to town. .. ill live.bahaha laugh...i hope all my friends on this site will forgive my alcohol induced rambling...Mojo Nixon and the Heat ...rule. ...i take it back,rock ain't dead...it just smells funny....and yes,I am a constant source of amusement and anoyance to my wife.you guys want to hear the fn 2 funniest greatest songs ever? Go to YouTube and watch mojo nixon do "you can't kill me" and Horton Heat"don't take the baby to the liquor store"or "nurture my pig"....fn 4 sure ......by God I have serious need of a clinical physcologist...whos stepping up to the plate...good luck.

Damn, you beat me to the punch and took the wind right out of my sails wink2 Great music there!!! Ya can’t live in the past but just relish the memories and be thankful and just smile smile1 Did I just say that eek2

Edited by Conrad G. (11/22/17 03:57 AM)

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1730729 - 11/22/17 07:43 AM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

"Self antiquating "...i like that unfortunately it's so true.good advice though.thanx.
#1730731 - 11/22/17 09:11 AM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
Falcon Offline

Loc: plymouth, ct
Yup I miss Blackfoot and still enjoy hearing Train train and "fly away". Gotta crank it up when "Green grass and high tides" comes on every once in a blue moon. Sprinkle in some early Molly Hatchet and call it a party. Seems the "classic rock" stations have forgotten all about southern rock.

As Mike said I've moved on from trying to hear music that was great in my day. Still enjoy the old stuff for sure but Have been listening to 104.1 for a while. I don't like everything on there but do enough a lot of it. Don't agree with the opinions of the DJs either just need to hear something different. Can't be that tied to the past. Can't forget it but can't dwell in it either.
#1730750 - 11/22/17 12:54 PM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Ct public radio is a graveyard,...and it's overgrown and the tombstones are falling over.awful.or it's like decaf coffee...why bother....yeayea I'm a hot mess.my tirades are legendary...male menopause".Don Henley must die..."

Edited by KWK (11/22/17 02:22 PM)
#1730759 - 11/22/17 02:33 PM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Conrad,don't know if I have told this story before,if I have forgive the ramblings of a alcohol induced pre dementia dumbass.me and the wenches honeymoon in Saranac in the Adirondacks,driving through town I see "Mojo Nixon" live in a small bar ,TONITE...he was the official favorite musician for the Olympic ski team,stationed and practicing nearby.he came all the way up,put on a one man show...very limited acess,called in a favor and got us in,it was sick,depraved and awsome.maybe a 100 people...needless to say I had a bit to much and my new wife had to drive us back to the hotel,on the water and we did bass fish the next day... sick sorry about your sails,get a motor.
#1731006 - 11/27/17 04:14 PM Re: Is southern rock dead? [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

O bass,took your advice...went looking and listening,stuck my foot in the pool,...Rory Kelley,out of north carolina,Kings never sleep,killer album....also HayMarket Riot..i got a fn parking ticket for my dinosaur.. rolleyes
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics