ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1732954 - 12/27/17 03:00 PM A poem for the new year
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
With Christmas still fresh in our memory and a new year fast aproaching i wish to leave my usual over the top tirade and foolish rants to the wayside.i encourage everyone to read Max Ehrmann,s "Deiderata"( roughly translated things necessary or desired).although penned over 60 years ago it is still timeless advice. I quote part: ..and wether or not it is clear to you ,no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Therefore be at peace with God,whatever you concieve him to be,and your labors and aspirations in this noisy confusion of life,keep peace in your soul.With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,its still a beautiful world.....i encourage all to look it up and read it in its entirety.Have a safe productive and blessed new year.
Fishing Info
#1732967 - 12/27/17 05:15 PM Re: A poem for the new year [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
See my rant in another thread...i left out Malloy,collosal douche... i wouldnt wish him a good dump in the a.m. laugh
#1732991 - 12/27/17 11:57 PM Re: A poem for the new year [Re: KWK]
whaler150dan Offline

Loc: Western Sound
It's a good time of year to reflect. I think your basic message is try not , make that DONT CHOOSE to miserable.

When I went to buy some stuff from Capt. Bill before he was relocating to Florida, I got a good laugh and a better life lesson. He says to me " Dan, I want to be fair (price). I don't want to be an as*hole... there are already too many assholes in the world. Ya know why? It's much easier to be an #*&! than to be a nice guy". I guess there are a lot of lazy people in the world. Don't take the easy way out. Happy New Year folks!

Dan B

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics