Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1737225 - 02/28/18 12:26 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT

Inland Fisheries 2018 Regulation Update: Here is a very long post but gives you an update on today's events. In summary the proposed regulation package (including the trout and salmon stamp) was approved. It may take a few weeks to finish the process and for the new Regs to take effect.

The Fisheries regulations proposal that included a trout & salmon stamp was approved by the Legislature’s Regulation Review Committee (LRRC) at their meeting on Tuesday, 2/27. The new regulations will become effective once they are published on the eRegulations system by the Secretary of State’s office (SOTS). This will occur several days to a week or so after approval by LRRC as there are several additional steps required to formalize the regulations prior to posting by SOTS.

TROUT & SALMON STAMP
A $5.00 trout & salmon stamp is required for any angler 16 years of age and older fishing in a Trout Management Area (TMA), Wild Trout Management Area (WTMA), Trout Park, or Atlantic Salmon Broodstock Area; or keeping trout, Kokanee Salmon or broodstock Atlantic Salmon anywhere statewide.

FARMINGTON RIVER TMA
A small portion of the West Branch Farmington River in the Riverton area from the intersection of Hogback Road and Route 20 in Hartland downstream to the gas pipeline crossing approximately four-tenths miles downstream of the confluence with the Still River in Barkhamsted will now be closed to all fishing from April First to 6:00 am on the second Saturday in April.

MILL RIVER WTMA & MILL RIVER TMA (Easton-Fairfield)
The Mill River WTMA is extended downstream to the Merritt Parkway and the Mill River TMA is now catch-and-release year round.

FISHING SEASONS
Alexander Lake is open to fishing year round. Baldwins Pond and Green Falls Reservoir are open to fishing from 6:00 am Opening Day through the last day of February.

CATFISH
There is now a creel limit of 6 Channel Catfish and White Catfish in aggregate per day, except in Beaver Park Lagoon, Birge Pond, Bunnells Pond, Center Springs Park Pond, Freshwater Pond, Keeney Park Pond, Lake Wintergreen, Lakewood Lake, Mirror Lake, Picketts Pond, Rowans Pond, Mohegan Park Pond and Stanley Quarter Pond where the creel limit is 3 catfish per day.

COMMON CARP
There is now a creel limit of 5 common carp per day, with no more than 1 fish greater than 30 inches in length, except in Trophy Carp Waters.

TROPHY CARP WATERS
Batterson Park Pond, Connecticut River (including the portions of tributaries open year-round), Squantz Pond and West Thompson Reservoir are designated as Trophy Carp Waters with a one carp per day creel limit and a 26 inch maximum length for Common Carp.

METHODS
Tenkara fishing (a traditional Japanese methodof fly-fishing without a reel) is now allowed in fly fishing areas.

ATLANTIC SALMON BROODSTOCK AREAS
The period when broodstock salmon gear restriction applies to all species in broodstock areas is now from September 1 to March 31 (inclusive).

Fishing Info
#1737226 - 02/28/18 12:26 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: f250]
MikeDero Offline

Originally Posted By: f250
If they consider West Hill, Highland and Twin trout management lakes, guess I’ll be getting that stamp since I fish those a three places for trout even though I’ll seldom keep the trout.

Trout management lakes and trophy trout areas are not included in the list of places where it is required. So, in Candlewood Lake (and others) you do not need a trout stamp to FISH, only to KEEP trout
#1737231 - 02/28/18 12:58 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
O-BASS Offline

Hmmm.

So now that this past this, I have to spend an extra 5$ I guess in order to fish the Housatonic River legally. I will do a little bit of research and post up the legal stretches where you do and do not need this.
#1737341 - 03/01/18 09:47 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
f250 Offline

Okay Mike. Thanks for the reply on that. Guess I misunderstood where a trout stamp was needed. Thanks
#1737356 - 03/02/18 07:12 AM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
MikeDero Offline

no worries
#1737378 - 03/02/18 12:04 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
shadbody Offline

I have a question wishing someone could answer.I am over 65 and have my lic for 2018 and when I got it the trout stamp was not available. So to get one now I have to go to the DEEP site and get a new Lic. with the trout stamp on it and make a credit transaction for 5 dollars and give the state my credit card #.
#1737382 - 03/02/18 12:18 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
MikeDero Offline

yup you have to buy it, but they are not ready yet
#1737388 - 03/02/18 01:05 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
shadbody Offline

Thanks Can I buy it in town clerk office?
#1737903 - 03/09/18 03:13 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
Mitch P. Offline

FYI – Our regulations package became effective today, Friday, 3/9/2018. Attached are the new regulations. Among the notable changes are:

TROUT & SALMON STAMP - A $5.00 trout & salmon stamp is required for any angler 16 years of age and older fishing in a Trout Management Area (TMA), Wild Trout Management Area (WTMA), Trout Park, or Atlantic Salmon Broodstock Area; or keeping trout, Kokanee Salmon or broodstock Atlantic Salmon anywhere statewide (some exceptions for waters not stocked by DEEP that are stocked by another entity). The trout & Salmon stamp is now available for purchase on the Online Sportsmen’s Licensing system.

FARMINGTON RIVER TMA
- A small portion of the West Branch Farmington River in the Riverton area from the intersection of Hogback Road and Route 20 in Hartland downstream to the gas pipeline crossing approximately four-tenths miles downstream of the confluence with the Still River in Barkhamsted will now be closed to all fishing from April First to 6:00 am on the second Saturday in April.

MILL RIVER WTMA & MILL RIVER TMA (Easton-Fairfield) - The Mill River WTMA is extended downstream to the Merritt Parkway and the Mill River TMA is now catch-and release year round.

FISHING SEASONS
- Alexander Lake is open to fishing year round. Baldwins Pond and Green Falls Reservoir are open to fishing from 6:00 am Opening Day through the last day of February.

CATFISH - There is now a creel limit of 6 Channel Catfish and White Catfish in aggregate per day, except in Beaver Park Lagoon, Birge Pond, Bunnells Pond, Center Springs Park Pond, Freshwater Pond, Keeney Park Pond, Lake Wintergreen, Lakewood Lake, Mirror Lake, Picketts Pond, Rowans Pond, Mohegan Park Pond and Stanley Quarter Pond where the creel limit is 3 catfish per day.

COMMON CARP - There is now a creel limit of 5 common carp per day, with no more than 1 fish greater than 30 inches in length, except in Trophy Carp Waters (see below).

TROPHY CARP WATERS - Batterson Park Pond, Connecticut River (including the portions of tributaries open year-round), Squantz Pond and West Thompson Reservoir are designated as Trophy Carp Waters with a one carp per day creel limit and a 26 inch maximum length for Common Carp.

METHODS - Tenkara fishing (a traditional Japanese method of fly-fishing without a reel) is now allowed in fly fishing areas.

ATLANTIC SALMON BROODSTOCK AREAS - The period when broodstock salmon gear restriction applies to all species in broodstock areas is now from September 1 to March 31 (inclusive).

TROUT PARKS - Pasture Pond at the Quinebaug Valley State Trout Hatchery, Plainfield, is now a designated Trout Park with a 2 trout per day creel limit.

Attachments
DEEP fisheries regs effective 03-09-2018.pdf (3 downloads)

#1738250 - 03/15/18 03:34 PM Re: 2018 Trout Stamp Info [Re: Steely Dan]
Mitch P. Offline

Attached is a pdf file of a news release issued by DEEP today (3/15/2018) announcing the availability of the new Trout & Salmon stamp.

Attachments
Trout & Salmon stamp.pdf (15 downloads)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Bill G, Editors, FindBass 

Active Topics