ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1745705 - 06/28/18 08:56 AM Re: Portable livewell [Re: slacktide]
Sweetchuck Offline

Loc: Stafford Springs, CT
Don't forget about the weight that these tanks can have. Lots of water in a tank makes it heavy also securing it in place so it doesn't hit you or chase you around the deck.

Save a tree eat a Deer!!!!!!
Fishing Info
#1745771 - 06/28/18 04:16 PM Re: Portable livewell [Re: slacktide]
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Thought about that too, That's why I was thinking something under 25 gallons that I can wedge into one of the corners, possibly strap in if need be. Going to tank shop over the weekend and get this ball rolling.
#1747721 - 07/25/18 01:40 PM Re: Portable livewell [Re: slacktide]
Daddy Pickle Offline

Go big or go home

Loc: Windsor Locks
we use a cooler and livewell pump.

hang pump over side to fill

put in cooler to re-cerculate

hang hose over side to drain after hour and repeat

Im allergic to land, get me on the water <")))><
My CTF Profile
#1747724 - 07/25/18 02:39 PM Re: Portable livewell [Re: slacktide]
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT
slack tide just some thoughts....if your Aquasport Fisherman looks somilar to this:

...I would recommend Daddy Pickle's cooler and pump method.

Make or have a canvas shop make a quick and easy belt and suspenders to hold the cooler on top of the hatch in front of the splashwell. Pick that spot so it's center of the boat for stability and ease of use.

Belt & Suspenders:
-have 2 straps come up and out of the hatch in the floor.....terminated on the inside of the hatch lid....with a closed loop on each strap.

-have 1-2 canvas toggle buttons attached to each side of the splashwell....and make a strap that attaches to those comes out and around the cooler and attached to the other side of the splashwell. Have that strap go through the 2 strap loops of the straps that are attached under the floor hatch lid.

That will hold the bait well cooler

When cooler is not in use, just remove the splash well strap, and throw the 2 floor lid straps inside the floor hatch.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics