ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1747822 - 07/27/18 11:07 AM Anywhere on the coast with sand sharks or dogfish in close?
onthewater102 Offline

Loc: Kent, CT
Probably a nuisance to everyone else, but my 6yr old would be tickled stupid to catch a little shark. Are they in harassing anyone trying to target game species by any chance?

Taking a trip across the state tomorrow for his birthday, so we'll pretty much be able to stop anywhere if there's a public access and a decent chance of hooking up.

Thank you in advance!
Fishing Info
#1747823 - 07/27/18 11:35 AM Re: Anywhere on the coast with sand sharks or dogfish in close? [Re: onthewater102]
ChunkDunker Offline

Loc: Western LIS
What a great dad and son trip! So great to see a kids face light up with a sand shark! My suggestion would be to find as deep of a spot to a shore access point. The area I fish in the west is mostly long gradually sloping (As is most of the sound). I am sure sand sharks move in close to shore. Maybe further out east is better but I'm not familiar. You never know what you will land, even if its not your targeted species. Most of all, enjoy the time with your son, post pics of all the fish you'll catch!

Good luck in your venture and happy birthday to your little guy!

Tight lines

CD
#1747831 - 07/27/18 01:07 PM Re: Anywhere on the coast with sand sharks or dogfish in close? [Re: onthewater102]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Most harbors or marinas should hold sandsharks....especially if they have a fish cleaning station in them.

I've heard Guilford town dock has fishing access with Sandsharks, Stripers, Searobins, etc....

Also Meg's Point at Hammonassett

You may have better luck for sandsharks at night....and big eels too
#1748156 - 08/01/18 12:36 PM Re: Anywhere on the coast with sand sharks or dogfish in close? [Re: onthewater102]
striperboy Offline

Loc: Litchfield and Westbrook
Chunking off the beach at night is the best way to get them, they're plastered all over the eastern sound, any public fishing area should have them

We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we borrow it from the unborn

sit long, talk much, laugh often

He who throws dirt looses ground

Christian Genarelli
#1748835 - 08/10/18 02:04 PM Re: Anywhere on the coast with sand sharks or dogfish in close? [Re: onthewater102]
rabbidhunter1 Offline

Loc: Wallingford, CT
Old Lyme beaches , had a cottage this last week and day or night that was all we found . I never seen so many 18 inch sand sharks ever no big ones . Figured I could swim in a school of them so got in with the free diving gear but no luck seeing anything down there

New England Dive Bait and Tackle
http://www.nedive.com
1060 South Colony Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
203-294-1180
rob@newenglanddive.com

Active Topics