ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1756660 - 12/20/18 09:29 PM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
I apoligize to all you guys for letting this thread sit idle.very good advice from all.The irelavance in my life is no doubt self inflicted.I was always just a phone call away from all my clients,electrical...call me at 3 am if need be.now its all about..what? No one depends on me now,other than the wench.It feels odd to not be necessary any more.A shift in atitude and purpose .maybe...i,ve never been one to think of myself much...we do ok by the grace of God...strange...got the new boat...it,ll take wheelchairs easy...used to do that guiding ,half my clients back in the day were vets and disabled fellows.seems odd being placed in a situation where i have to think about me and mine,wife,..not used to being self centered and bucket list bound... speaking of bucket lists...just dropped a grand on John Mellencamp tickets and a room at the Hilton a block away from the Ryman( the grand ole opry),nashville 125 year old + bldg...history ...amazing Cash,Hank williams,Elvis, lorretta...list goes on...Mellencamps
New album" other peoples stuff" .. amazing 1920,s blues stuff...am i being selfish? Not rolling in dough,help out where i can..ya know? Mellencamp has a old song called "void in my heart"...basically says no matter what you do it never feels like you did enough.

Edited by KWK (12/20/18 09:55 PM)
Fishing Info
#1756669 - 12/21/18 07:25 AM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
I would probably of already moved down south if it wasn't for my family. My parents are 82 and still doing great and my sister is in Albany and bro in CT. Michelle's parents are upstate NY and her dad is very sick. Just don't want to be a plane ride away from my family at this point, even though I am done with the winter!

I do know friends that made major moves and just try and get involved with their communities so the don't miss the hometown they left. Volunteering is a great feel good remedy.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1756705 - 12/21/18 01:56 PM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

More good advice.
#1756710 - 12/21/18 03:34 PM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
The few times I have got the chance to stay at my place in florida and florida in general, I haven’t missed Ct, at ALL.
KWK you must have a boat load of choices to explore in your new location, judging by your reports.
Hope you enjoy a lot more new locations and adventures. Keep the reports comng, I for one appreciate them.

New House 5/18
#1756746 - 12/22/18 03:20 PM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Well john ,that was very nice.I will do my best.did you see the pics of the rebel civil war cemetery we stumbled on following and fishing a river called the "calf killer"...literally in the middle of nowhere35 miles to the nearest town.
[i

Edited by KWK (12/22/18 03:41 PM)
#1756747 - 12/22/18 03:26 PM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Captain champ Ferguson became a rebel guerilla a feared and revered soldier,after yankees raped and killed his wife and daughter,killed his young son as well.he was captured after the war ended,they hung him.his last request was to be buried in "good rebel soil" ...they gave him that.agree or disagree with state rights( included slavery) not every land owner had slaves.half my family is from Tx the other half from Mo., so much blood in the ground.the french cemetery is a sad and quiet place,you can hear the calf killer babbling and bubbling away near...this a privately owned place yet the family keeps it open...maybe volunteering to come and cut the grass,etc.??? These places are disapearing...

Edited by KWK (12/22/18 03:32 PM)
#1756780 - 12/23/18 12:57 PM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
earl bird Offline

Loc: Terryville
Interesting.

Fishing: the art of casting, trolling, jigging, or spinning while freezing, sweating, swatting, or swearing.
Henry Beard and Roy McKie
#1756980 - 12/28/18 04:11 PM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

The name " calfkiller" comes from a year of high water and flooding pre civil war,local farmers lost a lot of the years young moving herds to higher ground.
#1756993 - 12/29/18 06:03 AM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
Don D Offline

Loc: Bristol, CT
Keith, you need to find some guys to hang out with. You know how much fishing I do alone. It is great to meet new people. It was a little tough for me as well when I stopped working. Takes time to adjust.

If there are fish to catch. I'll be there to my end.
#1756995 - 12/29/18 08:24 AM Re: Feeling irellavent [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

I do have one new friend,bill,him and his wife used to work with lynne.they semi retired moved here 3 yrs ago.he hunts and fishes,doesnt live to far.lives in a community wit 12 private lakes,2 have marinas.all stocked with florida strain bass and tilapia.went once caught a lot nothing big,hed never fished there and his sonar wasnt working,kinda fished blind
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics