ctfisherman.com logo
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1763672 - 04/12/19 04:37 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
SKUNKEDALOT Online   content

Opening Day-
Due to a poor choice in husbands, my mother was forced to play both mother and father until I got my license to drive. Probably the happiest day in her life.
She was a trooper- she would get up with me at 4 in the morn and drive me to Southford Falls or Hop Brook.
never complained no matter how miserable the weather. She would wait in the car while I fished. Then we would treat ourselves to breakfast. My mother was one of the greatest generation who did everything for her son.
THANKS MOM.

At the ripe old age of 63, As luck would have it- I joined a private club with a heavily stocked catch and release pond.I fish there first because the pond has terrific hatches and the fish are as dumb as a rock-LOL- Even I can catch one or two. On the way home , I hit a major trout stream.By the time I get to the stream, everyone has gone or those that remain tell me the stream is fished out. I just smile cause I know that 50 yards up or down stream from the road, the pools will be loaded with fish.

Tight Lines everyone- Good luck and be safe. And remember, Your God does not deduct the time spent fishing,hunting and camping from your life span. Based on that- go fishing a lot.
Fishing Info
#1763673 - 04/12/19 04:48 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: SKUNKEDALOT]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Originally Posted By: SKUNKEDALOT
Opening Day-
Due to a poor choice in husbands, my mother was forced to play both mother and father until I got my license to drive. Probably the happiest day in her life.
She was a trooper- she would get up with me at 4 in the morn and drive me to Southford Falls or Hop Brook.
never complained no matter how miserable the weather. She would wait in the car while I fished. Then we would treat ourselves to breakfast. My mother was one of the greatest generation who did everything for her son.
THANKS MOM.

At the ripe old age of 63, As luck would have it- I joined a private club with a heavily stocked catch and release pond.I fish there first because the pond has terrific hatches and the fish are as dumb as a rock-LOL- Even I can catch one or two. On the way home , I hit a major trout stream.By the time I get to the stream, everyone has gone or those that remain tell me the stream is fished out. I just smile cause I know that 50 yards up or down stream from the road, the pools will be loaded with fish.

Tight Lines everyone- Good luck and be safe. And remember, Your God does not deduct the time spent fishing,hunting and camping from your life span. Based on that- go fishing a lot.

Great story ! ! Great Mom , John ! !

Edited by PDona (04/12/19 04:49 PM)

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1763675 - 04/12/19 05:53 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
MikeG Offline

Loc: NW CT
No !!!Hate the crowds and all the damage the opening day "Sportsmen" do to the waters in a short span of time.

People Suck !!!
#1763677 - 04/12/19 07:33 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: SKUNKEDALOT]
O-BASS Offline

Originally Posted By: SKUNKEDALOT
Opening Day-
THANKS MOM.

Fantastic story, and from what we have experienced here meeting you, I say your mother did one heck of a fine job! Hope you land a bunch tomorrow, private or public.

we REALLY need to fish together in 2019.
#1763680 - 04/12/19 08:26 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
Tall 1 Offline

Awesome post John.
I hope you catch some breeders tomorrow.
#1763688 - 04/13/19 06:02 AM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
Don D Offline

Loc: Bristol, CT
Skunkedalot, you had one terrific mom.

If there are fish to catch. I'll be there to my end.
#1763702 - 04/13/19 01:56 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Opted out and went to the Sox vs the Orioles game as my 2nd day in the USA in the last 2 weeks. I plan to make a few casts for Pickerel wink2 this week and throw back the trout.

[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pi...cf1_8bad_b93234[/img]
[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pi...af2_829e_8d8443[/img]

(Heather’s daughter is kidding....she likes me laugh )
[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pi...37d_a495_ee389a[/img]
#1763704 - 04/13/19 02:06 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
We will be there tomorrow Don!

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1763705 - 04/13/19 02:20 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Enjoy! We’re staying over tonight as well, but not for Sun’s game.
#1763706 - 04/13/19 02:35 PM Re: Are you fishing Opening Day? [Re: Mitch P.]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Nice, we have pets so its a pain getting an overnight. We are leaving around 9am and will make a day of it.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics