ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1765408 - 05/13/19 09:33 PM Squantz pond boat launch closed !
majik1 Offline

Loc: Newtown
Can you get some info on launching boats at Squantz pond The gate is closed due to tee trimming.You would think that this work would have been done by now. Much to my dismay had to turn around & launch at Candlewood. Kind of hard casting over the causeway looking to catch a walleye.
Fishing Info
#1765429 - 05/14/19 10:36 AM Re: Squantz pond boat launch closed ! [Re: majik1]
Buck Offline

Supposedly it was done but I guess not. Squantz is the worst managed State Park in the system. The last park manager was arrested on embezzlement charges and convicted with a prison term. I don't think they replaced him.
#1765496 - 05/15/19 10:15 AM Re: Squantz pond boat launch closed ! [Re: majik1]
Buck Offline

I stopped by Squantz Pond yesterday and spoke with the manager of maintenance about the status. She pointed to a big pile of tree trunks down by the boat launch parking lot and said that was the last of the debris to be processed. The launch was opened and she said that they were not anticipating any more closes on the Squantz side even though they still had a bit more work to do to get rid of this pile. In any case, she said it would be open this weekend. But the Park's Division seems to go at their own pace and many times misses their projections so I can only report what was said yesterday.

Moderator:  Bill G, Editors, FindBass 

Active Topics