ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1766509 - 06/03/19 03:44 PM Re: The life of a Largemouth Bass (Underwater Footage) [Re: CWood Man]
Dusty Offline

GAMETIME!!!

Loc: Ellington
Originally Posted By: CWood Man
New York, PA and NJ have always been closed. I know NY has always been closed until June 1st. This is what kills me when I see so many out of state clubs from those states geeing more permits than CT residents. Why is it there Environmental Depts. close the season and CT says it's fine?

In saying that Candlewood sustains unreal bags and it is still insanely good! So the bed picking isn't really affecting this fishery.

There are many "fisheries biologists" that would argue that bed fishing actually HELPS many of these lakes. Reason being as it controls the population and allows for less competition for resources. Many lakes in CT are subject to incredible stunting of bass, caused by overpopulation and competition for resources.

Ive argued for years that the resaon CWood is so good is because of the pressure it gets. That pressure does a terrific job of population control. Every fall and spring the tournaments show how inefficient anglers are at catching smallmouth during summer months. the bed fishing is keeping the population in check and allowing the bass to grow larger.

Team Daiwaimano
Team too many broken rods to count
Team bluefish lawn ornament
Team "oh shiit we are out of gas"

Cell: 607 206 0324
Fishing Info
#1766662 - 06/07/19 07:32 AM Re: The life of a Largemouth Bass (Underwater Footage) [Re: Dusty]
Handberrydea Offline

I agree.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics