ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1766333 - 05/31/19 06:51 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
Tall 1 Offline

Let people do what they want. Enforce littering policies for leaving butts in the beach.
You're outdoors, so don't try to tell me the smoke or vapor bothers you.
Stop trying to control behavior and control your brats and clean up after yourselves.
Just like the fishing slobs littering our shores, are they going to ban fishing all together because of the action of a few?

Edited by Tall 1 (05/31/19 06:52 PM)
Fishing Info
#1766345 - 05/31/19 10:22 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Today I was behind a school bus the stopped 3 times. Every time is accelerated, a black cloud of exhaust blew out. I tried to stay back but each time my car filled with diesel fumes to the point I was holding my breath.

I don’t think some second hand vape can even come close to the soot I inhaled today or everyday.

To me there are real problems everywhere around us everyday but legislators waste time on feel good legislation like this.

I used to smoke. Now I hate the smell at an elevated level. But telling people that they can’t smoke within 100 acres of me, never crosses my mind.

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1766351 - 06/01/19 09:23 AM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
So I used to smoke cigs as well. Also my brother in law was was the Lobby firm that banned smoking in NY Restuarants and bars. He did this because my niece has Cystic Finrosis and second hand smoke can damage her lungs even further.

I applaud the law. We were in Cape May last year and we were downwind from a cigar smoker. Sorry but I like smelling the salt air and not cig and cigar smoke. Maybe have a section on the beach for smoking but I am all for this.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1766414 - 06/02/19 01:45 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
SWMPYNKE Offline

Establish a smoking section at the beach, there are so many things being banned while some other activities get a pass, loud music, athletics, men in speedos, etc. keep on truckin'. Nothing to me but so many personal liberties being taken. Recently we are being told how to store our firearms which I understand and agree with but am disappointed not a peep about education on firearms safety for children such as Eddie the Eagle from the NRA or parental supervision of children. Again lay it all on the shoulders of gun-owners and eventually we'll get to the point where the most logical answer to firearms safety is to completely ban all firearms or keep the guns and ban all us evil people who insist on having them.
#1766686 - 06/07/19 10:03 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
Jon Pski Offline

Loc: Winsted, CT
It is a crazy potential "law". Everyone knows of the potential harmful effects of smoking. Aren't we supposed to have liberties and freedoms? Just another small bite to strip us all of our civil liberties. As a smoker myself, I am considerate of others and will light up away from others so they don't have to be effected by my bad habit. Yet, the bigger question in my mind for many years is, why doesn't the Feds just outlaw tobacco? Smoking kills many more people than other types of deaths, yet other death causing issues are regulated to the extreme, ie, your car, business, or guns. Is it not done due to shutting down an industry, or not done to help the health care industry? Both scenarios are bogus and stink of political over reach. Silliness at its finest. Let's mandate everyone on the beach wear sunscreen spf 30 or above? Or maybe ban being on the beach altogether when the heat index hits 100f, or the possibility of thunderstorms exsist.
#1766690 - 06/08/19 07:05 AM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
I get both sides and yes it's another restriction but I personally don't like the smell of it and what it can do to people like my niece even in second hand outside.When eating it wasn't so nice having cigar and cigarette smoke at the same time and on the beach catching a cigar next to you sucks. NJ passed the law already.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1772439 - 09/26/19 04:26 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

For once, CT government was ahead of the curve on something for once:

TWELVE Americans have died of vaping-linked illness and 805 have severe lung damage, CDC reports
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic...e-CDC-says.html
#1772449 - 09/26/19 08:13 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
O-BASS Offline

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
For once, CT government was ahead of the curve on something for once:

TWELVE Americans have died of vaping-linked illness and 805 have severe lung damage, CDC reports
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic...e-CDC-says.html

Hang on.

Ahead of the curve?

It is a known fact cigarettes are detrimental to our health, yet they are not banned.

How can we justifiably ban vaping on the basis of health concerns, and just 12 deaths when MILLIONS of people, literally countless early deaths are directly and knowingly linked to cigarette and alcohol abuse. I call bullsh1t on all of this. This is a power grab, and it REAKS of an underlying agenda, the kind that comes in the form of big tobacco protecting thier market share with some funding for the horrors of vaping.

Use your heads folks! Taxes for the state? Giving up freedoms? NO, NO AND NO. No more of this trade off of taxes for legalization to get what want. The government serves YOU, so stand up and say I want it, and I want it without the penalty of a tax.

Or, you can look forward to the perpetual battle gun owners face, and the absurd fees to own what is rightfully theirs and mandated to be under a founding document of the nation.

Of course they have long disease- they ARE BREATHING POISON!!! they know what's up, they made a choice.

Edited by O-BASS (09/26/19 08:15 PM)
#1772452 - 09/26/19 08:43 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: O-BASS]
swwind Offline

Originally Posted By: O-BASS
How can we justifiably ban vaping on the basis of health concerns, and just 12 deaths when MILLIONS of people, literally countless early deaths are directly and knowingly linked to cigarette and alcohol abuse.

Mike . . . . why do you insist on forcing these uncomfortable questions ?

Your making people uncomfortable. laugh

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1772454 - 09/26/19 09:17 PM Re: Smoking, Vaping Ban Bill At Hammonasset, Other Parks Advances [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

No doubt. Follow the money. You are probably right about big tobacco being behind it.

The thing with vaping is it is killing people much faster than it would take with cigarettes.

I'm all about keeping government out of our lives, but I'm also about breathing fresh air. Sorry, but I think all this vaping is the damn dumbest thing. If you want to kill yourself, do it at home, or in a wider open area where I don't have to be bothered.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics