ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1766070 - 05/28/19 04:03 PM CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure
Mitch P. Offline

Another CTF Maine spring trip is in the books. Such a good time all around with a great crew of guys! beerchug

We found water temps from the mid 50s through the 60s. Things were behind schedule for this time of year, with just a few fish starting to bed. Weather and wind were up and down all week, but we made the best of it (even with a few mechanical issues). Everyone caught a bunch of fish on a variety of baits.

Missed founder Ray Z. on this trip. Hope you make it back next year.

We also missed salsa king Whit.

Nice to have Mike G. back on board after a few years off.

Great to have newcomers Dave and Paul onboard.

Nice to spend some time with the new firepit king, cwood man! It’s basically impossible not to laugh at our fire pits.

Thanks to Tim for dealing with all of us nut jobs and doing the organizing.

Rookie award to youngster Brandon J. for joining us and going hard at the fire pit.

Newcomer Ironmen award to Gary and Ron (who is 70!) for fishing hard and long every day. Major props to you guys. bow2

Ralph is also deserving of an Ironman award for combining this trip with another one further north in Maine for round 2!

Always fun to slip a small boat into a smaller body of water for an adventure with HuskyBass. Our best 3 largemouth bass went 5-7, 5-6 and 5-0 and we had another half dozen over 4 pounds. Really tough to beat that anywhere! The Mikes also did damage on some monster smallies on another small boat trip.

Here’s a variety of random pics. The boys may have some more to add in.

When one boat isn't enough.

A great crew for the week!

Beginning of the nightly ritual after fishing.

As usual, some great food at the end of a hard day of fishing ...

Maine offers some truly beautiful scenery.

And now a few healthy Maine specimens ...

The garage crew taking cover during a little rain.

The lodge had some new guests this year.

There was a cool rainbow that appeared one evening. We got a lot of grief for this pic, and we still didn't get the rainbow in the shot, lol.

Fun to also mix in some non-fishing fun when we could. I got in some fun runs in great country.

And Dave and I joined the Mikes for a picking adventure.

Counting the days until next year's adventure! beerchug

Fishing Info
#1766071 - 05/28/19 04:17 PM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
Huskybass Offline

Fantastic trip. One of my favorites over the 15 years we have been doing it. A great crew, fantastic food, fire pit shenanigans, and excellent fishing. Already looking forward to next year's trip.

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#1766078 - 05/28/19 04:48 PM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
O-BASS Offline

Awesome job, great fishing. Fatty largemouths and few other humans.... sign me up.

4 days til I go- can't wait
#1766088 - 05/28/19 05:33 PM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

More pics from Team Gary & Ron ... beerchug

#1766093 - 05/28/19 07:44 PM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

New House 5/18
#1766094 - 05/28/19 07:45 PM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
JLMOS Offline

Loc: Meriden,CT.
Holy Shamoley!!!

Well done gents.

1 question for you Mitch...

In the first set of photos with you & HuskyBass, did 1 of you catch a very nice LMB & just take numerous/random spots with the same LMB? tongue2

I should've been here yesterday?
I was...
And I didn't catch anything then either!!!

"Cheese has no business being on a turkey sandwich."~ Silas Robertson

"This here not keeping score crap; Ends today! " ~ Frank Barone

"I want to go back
And do it all over
But I can't go back I know" ~ Eddie Money
#1766100 - 05/28/19 08:44 PM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Funny you mention that. We started calling the bass "taxidermy" bass as we got them near the boat in the clear water. Just beautiful looking fish. Every single one of them. They are healthy fish.

#1766102 - 05/28/19 09:26 PM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
JLMOS Offline

Loc: Meriden,CT.
Ha-Ha!!!

I used to go to Maine with a friend of mine up to Naples or North Windham and fish on the "pond" his family had a cottage on. We caught some serious LMB's on that pond due to the main interest was the trout & land locked salmon that were in it.

That was about the time shortly after the Berkley "Power Worms" just came out & I guess the LMB's haven't seen them yet? Avg. size was about 4lbers. but we saw some down near the base of some old cabin foundations that were easy close to or above 10lbs. I #*&! you not.

I should've been here yesterday?
I was...
And I didn't catch anything then either!!!

"Cheese has no business being on a turkey sandwich."~ Silas Robertson

"This here not keeping score crap; Ends today! " ~ Frank Barone

"I want to go back
And do it all over
But I can't go back I know" ~ Eddie Money
#1766125 - 05/29/19 07:39 AM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
tommy Offline

Loc: Danbury
Real nice report and pics.
#1766129 - 05/29/19 09:03 AM Re: CTF Maine 2019 bass fishing adventure [Re: Mitch P.]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Jealous! One of these years I'll make it up with you guys ...

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Active Topics