ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1767597 - 06/23/19 09:01 AM upper housy boat ramp
angler65 Offline

Loc: new hartford
Heard of some good pike and smally fishing above falls village dam on the housy up into mass.,anyone know where this boat launch is? a buddy told me about this adventure in his boat and cant figure out where he launches for this.

angler65
Fishing Info
#1767600 - 06/23/19 10:44 AM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: angler65]
Buck Offline

Its on the west shore right at the dam. There may be a problem crossing the river based on which way you would be travelling since I believe the bridge was closed for construction. Its a dirt ramp and primitive but deep with a moving current.
#1767650 - 06/24/19 08:47 AM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: Buck]
angler65 Offline

Loc: new hartford
Thanks Buck,Wanna try it,sounds exciting

angler65
#1767810 - 06/26/19 12:49 PM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: Buck]
Barn1 Offline

Loc: Vermont
Buck, what kind of boat would be ok to use on this impoundment? Does it have enough depth for outboard powered boats? For how far upriver? Or is this a canoe/kayak type of place only? Is the dam release controlled? IE: does the current very a lot, or just with rainfall?

Thanks, Steve.

I work to live, not live to work.
#1767872 - 06/27/19 09:00 AM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: angler65]
O-BASS Offline

1. Shut up about the river, all of you.

2. Its super low- any boat now would be very tough.

3. A 12 foot Jon boat can be used to float 1 way, canoe or yak. It's hard work up north, not bass boat water. You really have to want it, mostly foot based fishing and wet wading. Yiu can slip pool to pool but you're dragging over rocks normally after July 1st
#1767875 - 06/27/19 09:12 AM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: O-BASS]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
Originally Posted By: O-BASS

2. Its super low- any boat now would be very tough.

3. A 12 foot Jon boat can be used to float 1 way, canoe or yak. It's hard work up north, not bass boat water. You really have to want it, mostly foot based fishing and wet wading. Yiu can slip pool to pool but you're dragging over rocks normally after July 1st

Above the Dam In Falls Village isn't that usually deeper,

As far as getting to the other side you have to go up using Dugway RD Via Limerock Rd
#1767887 - 06/27/19 11:56 AM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: O-BASS]
Barn1 Offline

Loc: Vermont

I find this statement very offensive Mike. I know that you've been trying to keep this as your secret fishing hole. But statements like this are not needed.

I work to live, not live to work.
#1767890 - 06/27/19 12:23 PM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: angler65]
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT
I think he may say it again. laugh

Get out and fish guys!....you're wound too tight.
(Just don't fish Mike's fn river)
#1767893 - 06/27/19 12:59 PM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: Barn1]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Loc: Wallingford CT
Originally Posted By: Barn1

I find this statement very offensive Mike. I know that you've been trying to keep this as your secret fishing hole. But statements like this are not needed.

thumbsup

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.
#1767905 - 06/27/19 03:19 PM Re: upper housy boat ramp [Re: Barn1]
O-BASS Offline

Very offensive? Is there no place safe from this overused phrase? Come on steve and Jay, when did you two need to be told to grow a pair? It's a joke prefacing my real answer- lighten up. I find it offensive you burnt the tuna Jay. Waste of good meat. Highly offended.

My second and third points answer your questions- it's super low aside from some pools. You can drop a boat in, but you won't get too far up river. Shoals out, rocks, then Rapids. Flow height changes based on dam control and rain. Don't believe me? Google earth it. Still don't believe me? Drive 2 hours, drop the boat in, and find out the hard way up about a third of a mile. Dero gave you the bypass past the bridge but hell, I'll spill the secret- they fixed the bridge so your good either way you travel. The ramp is gravel and silty at the waterline, dont skeg out the Suzuki or stuff the transom of the ranger in the silt in there- like I said 12 footer works great, canoe, kayak. I own 2, borrow it ANYTIME, motor and battery included. You know the deal... just ask. Paul Dona took it to NH itll handle the rocks and seal areas, and you can beach it and wade fish.

And yes FWIW Steve, you are one of a few who did know. Which is why if anyone should be offended, it's me. Take a joke gents, or stuff the thumbs up icons up your telltales.

Now that you have everything including the boat offer, yeah, shut up about MY river that everyone else knows about and has access to. smile1

Edited by O-BASS (06/27/19 04:13 PM)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics