ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1767670 - 06/24/19 12:16 PM Lilli north end silt accumulation
onthewater102 Offline

Loc: Kent, CT
It's been a few years since I was up at the north end of Lilli, but I was amazed at how much the silt has filled in the northern portion of the lake. I noticed it initially just down from Lover's Leap where there used to be a 20' channel that was silted into a weed flat. This continued downstream to the point that there were areas my navionics charts were indicating should be 40' deep that were in reality 7' deep and covered in weeds.

The differences were extreme from Lover's Leap all the way down to the Bridgewater town park/ Poison Ivy Island. I mention it because there can be submerged debris entangled in the weeds in areas you might otherwise expect to be navigable without much concern. Fortunately a bit of unexpected weed wrapped around the prop was my only issue.
Fishing Info
#1768200 - 07/02/19 07:35 PM Re: Lilli north end silt accumulation [Re: onthewater102]
Jon Pski Offline

Loc: Winsted, CT
Was there on Saturday and there were two or three trees sitting just above the surface and lodged onto the bottom of the lake. This was out in the middle in 40 feet on the north end between Lovers Leap and Brkwood cove
#1768243 - 07/03/19 02:45 PM Re: Lilli north end silt accumulation [Re: onthewater102]
onthewater102 Offline

Loc: Kent, CT
I'm thinking I have a really old map card or something, the newest chart on Navionic's website is more accurate to what I was seeing.
#1768460 - 07/07/19 09:08 AM Re: Lilli north end silt accumulation [Re: onthewater102]
Daddy Pickle Offline

Go big or go home

Loc: Windsor Locks
Never been there, but seen similar problems at other places. Enfield area of CT River probably won't be navigable in a few years. And forget trying to get in the cove during summer low

Im allergic to land, get me on the water <")))><
My CTF Profile

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics