ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1777579 - 01/22/20 12:48 PM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
The term "assault rifle" is a typical leftist nomenclature that stems from pure ignorance of guns( aka ,a tool) how they function and ultimate purpose.a civilian ar 15 style rifle does not and can not be modified to full auto just by dropping in a new lower.even a experienced gun smith will tell you its basically impossible.i think most antis are against the magazine capacities.what they dont understand is that .223 or 5.6 is not a particulary powerful round.my .270 deer rifle is way more powerful,velocity and penetration capabilities.to keep this short assault rifle is right up there with the incredibly overused and stupid term "gun violence".more people get killed every year from knives,baseball bats hammers and cars.
Fishing Info
#1777580 - 01/22/20 12:52 PM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

...yea,aparently open constitutional carry is still legal( for now) because a lot of non va residents were carrying side arms and long guns.not one incident.aparently the old phrase " a armed society is a polite society" is still true.
#1777581 - 01/22/20 12:56 PM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: OldSchool]
KWK Offline

Every single pro 2a channel on you tube,twitter,facebook ...he,s known as "govenor blackface".
#1777582 - 01/22/20 05:02 PM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: Buck]
bk Offline

Loc: Newtown
Originally Posted By: Buck
If you study the Federal gun laws today you will see a lot of things we worry about are already law. Hand guns already go through an FFL and you take possession in your state of residency. If I buy a hand gun down here in Fl. I need to have the FFL ship to an FFL in Ct. And I have a Fl. CCP. To pick it up in Ct. I need a Ct. CCP. State laws are making private sales more restrictive. So some of the stuff Va. is trying to do has already been done but some it has not been done anywhere that I know of like closing the gun ranges. So it is time to challenge them.
I am encouraged by the actions of the Va. Sheriffs Depts. The entire concept of the Sheriffs Depts. were to protect the people from the Govt. and others. This has been lost on them over the years but it appears that the original concept has re-emerged in Va. with this gun issue.
The ultimate defense is to ignore the laws and tell the state to "stand down". We did that in Ct. after Sandy Hook and the draconian gun laws were imposed. When the January 1st cutoff to register or turn in the AR 15s that were owned by residents and still in the state passed by it appeared that only about 10,000 guns were registered with tens of thousands not registered but known to exist and where they existed was known. The Governor and the Hartford Journal called for the State Police to go and pick them up even if it required kicking in some doors. After a few days of jawboning the head of the State Police made a statement that the State Police had no interest or intent to go and pick up anyone's guns under any circumstance. End of discussion. But those gun owners are always at risk of a "one off" event that results in prosecution.
It is one law at a time until they get them all. That is the strategy along with brain washing our children. In a way, the state house in Va. did us a favor by rattling the cage of the Va. sportsmen and women who almost all are Constitutionalists and Patriots.

Sorry to dispute you Buck but in Ct any valid license permit holder is allowed to sell firearms including handguns. I recently sold a Smith and Wesson 357 Mag Model 66 to a guy with a valid CT permit. I am not an FFL holder. All that is necessary is to contact the CT Firearms and Safety fill out the proper forms and call to get a transfer number then mail the form in. It's not that bad. Not like the old days but going through an FFL in totally not needed.
#1777603 - 01/23/20 09:31 AM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
Buck Offline

Hi Bruce, I should have been more careful in distinguishing between buying through a licensed FFL gun store and the second option of a private sale. In the first few sentences I was referring a transaction where I buy a handgun down in Florida from an FFL gun store.
In the second transaction a private transaction in Florida can go as you describe in your transaction in Ct. (even easier, there is no state approval required). The problem is that any transaction, FFL or private, is supposed to meet not only the state law in the transaction state but when involving a non-resident buyer (me, Ct.) the transaction is supposed to meet all of the laws and regulations of the buyer's state. This is a Federal law as I read it.
When in Maine I also had a situation where the Ct. regulation issue was ignored. The sales person in the gun store said he could sell me any long gun and after background checks I could take it with me. I was looking at a rifle in 6.5 Creedmore but I did not buy it. Later the Federal regs indicated that the Maine seller should have checked the Ct. regs and asked for my Long Gun Certificate or Ct. CCP allowing me to buy long guns in Ct. Then he could have transferred ownership in Maine and I could have left with the gun. As it was, if I did the deal with his guidance I would have violated the Ct. laws. Any audit of the gun store by the state of Maine could have discovered this error and now I am exposed if they pass the info to the Ct. State Police.
Transactions within a state by a state resident are fairly direct and easy to understand but by a non-resident buyer from a highly regulated state like Ct. it is a mine field. It demonstrates to me that having a Ct. CCP is virtually mandatory for any gun buying resident.
#1777939 - 01/30/20 07:19 PM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

Well,this whole conversation is informative.but you are still talking about your God given right to buy,sell possess or use a firearm.the 2a just Reiterates a common sense fact.what part of " shall not be infringed" do these physycopathic control freaks dont get? The "i " part ,the "d" part.? There is a bill in place here in Tn for constitutional carry.we,ll see.... also some red flag crap that,ll never fly.kick the wrong dog on the wrong porch as the boys down hear say.we just say" that is a real good way to get shot".

Edited by KWK (01/30/20 07:20 PM)
#1777940 - 01/30/20 07:23 PM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

We do not need any permit be it long gun ammo or ccl to purchase here.fyck ct.commie bastards.cocktail party snowflakes...forgot,have a nice day. cry

Edited by KWK (01/30/20 07:25 PM)
#1777972 - 01/31/20 05:47 PM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
Buck Offline

I was at a huge flea market here in Florida this past week and some of the vendors had gun collections. So at one of them where they weren't too busy and they had rifles, shotguns and handguns, I stopped and said I was from out of state, Ct. to be exact, and pulled out my drivers license, which he looked at, and then my Fl. CCP card. When he saw the CCP card he picked it up, looked at it, looked at me, and said this is all I need, you can buy anything I have and take it with you. He said, I am not a dealer, this is not an FFL transaction, this is strictly a private sale and your Fl. CCP card is all I need.
I did not buy anything but I thought the conversation was interesting.
#1778413 - 02/13/20 10:12 AM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
KWK Offline

A new bill has been proposed in missippi,HB 753.basically it is proposing forming a 2a compact with 8 other states all drafting similar bills.tn,ky,La,oklahoma,georgia wva,cant rember the rest.it basically tells the fed no 2a infringements of any kind will be tolerated.no gun bans no magazine bans etc.also a interstate compact on gun and ammo sales and mnfctring.interesting read.Tn is already on it a similar bill has been submittedHJR0748. It as a reaffirmation of states rights.hmmm this all sounds familiar.
#1778456 - 02/14/20 11:15 AM Re: Virginia Tyrants [Re: KWK]
Four Ten Offline

Looks like they aren't stopping with just guns.

Virginia House Passes Bill To Award Electoral Votes To National Popular Vote Winner

Now the state’s Democrats want to cede Virginia’s power to decide who it wants to be president of the United States by giving the state’s electoral votes to whoever wins the national popular vote. The state House of Delegates voted on Tuesday to place Virginia in the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which would cede participating states’ electoral votes to the national popular vote winner, regardless of who the people of Virginia voted for.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/virginia-...lar-vote-winner

.....Possessing more tackle than talent !!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Active Topics