Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1793190 - 08/11/20 03:47 PM Re: Left handed reel [Re: Jighead]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
Originally Posted By: Jighead
Unless you are cranking in Wicked Tuna - I don't get the Right hand crank concept for right handed people.
I have zero right hand crank reels. And I'm right handed. I've been chasing lefty conventionals my whole life. And I'm a firm believer that everyone else is doing it wrong. rolleyes

Watching bass pros cast and then switch the rod to the other hand makes me crazy crazy

I have and/or had several conventional lefties but only one level winds so far - a Penn Fantom. I have no complaints.

I did have a ABU Garcia 6501 - HATED IT. - No power.

Be careful ordering, they are available in many configurations.

MODEL # FTHII20LWLH

https://www.pennfishing.com/penn-reels-c...59.html#start=2 https://www.pennfishing.com/penn-reels-c...59.html#start=2

Penn might also have more
Squall - MODEL # SQL20LWLH

Thanks to Jighead, I converted from right to lefty baitcasters. It was a hassle using the right handed reel when that is my dominant hand. The whole “switch over” after you casted was a real drag. Missed a few fish during the switch when the bait was grabbed as soon as it hit the water. It was a no brainer NOT to buy anymore right handers

New House 5/18
Fishing Info
#1793880 - 08/21/20 12:00 PM Re: Left handed reel [Re: Major Woods]
Rob_O Offline

Loc: South Windsor CT
I have the following in left hand reels I use for bottom fishing.

Avet SXJ
Maxel Hybrid 20
Accurate Valiant 300

Non of them however are level wind.

Shimano Tranx would be a great option if you need to have the level wind.

I am right handed and I am a lot more comfortable holding the rod in my dominate hand and reeling with my left hand.

Growing up using spinning rods for trout fishing with a left handed reel, I had a hard time getting used to a right handed reel setup.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Active Topics