ctfisherman.com logo
Page 30 of 31 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1795391 - 09/11/20 06:51 AM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Thinking of all of those innocent lives taken 9/11/2001 in the planes, in the twin towers, in the Pentagon, those who responded, those who died days and years later from complications associated with it.....plus all the military aftermath and those who died, served and serve.......and all of the families and friends of all of those people. Unfortunately since 9/11 lost lives and efforts continue to this day and into the tomorrows.

God Bless America
Fishing Info
#1795393 - 09/11/20 07:42 AM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
OldSchool Offline

..........One Nation, under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All!

I've read the Bible...Jesus wins.
#1795415 - 09/11/20 11:26 AM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: O-BASS]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Originally Posted By: O-BASS
I'd encourage all those who would say a meaningless prayer tomorrow to also donate a canned good to a food pantry locally in the name of those we lost. One action measurably makes the world better and honors the fallen simultaneously.

You just won't stop and showing how much of an arrogant Ashiest you are. Sorry everyone to get This to a negative but I am not going to sit back why Mike jumps on his soap box and trashes every religion.

My Salesman Jamal Hadi was born on WEST Bank, Dad Jordanian mom from Switzerland. He still prays and doesn't push any religion and is Islamic. I will ask him. And the MAIN reason they attacked us was because we intervened with there BS in the middle east.

Bottom line is believe what you want but other than OS you never get dumped on for being an ashiest, stop dumping on other peoples beliefs. You have said time and time again when you were young you were forced in religion, saw how bad it is, etc.. Fine but again do what others do to you and not trash their beliefs or non beliefs. Its disgusting you would today.

Edited by CWood Man (09/11/20 11:28 AM)

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1795420 - 09/11/20 12:39 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: CWood Man]
Conrad G. Online   fishing

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
Originally Posted By: CWood Man
Originally Posted By: O-BASS
I'd encourage all those who would say a meaningless prayer tomorrow to also donate a canned good to a food pantry locally in the name of those we lost. One action measurably makes the world better and honors the fallen simultaneously.

You just won't stop and showing how much of an arrogant Ashiest you are. Sorry everyone to get This to a negative but I am not going to sit back why Mike jumps on his soap box and trashes every religion.

My Salesman Jamal Hadi was born on WEST Bank, Dad Jordanian mom from Switzerland. He still prays and doesn't push any religion and is Islamic. I will ask him. And the MAIN reason they attacked us was because we intervened with there BS in the middle east.

Bottom line is believe what you want but other than OS you never get dumped on for being an ashiest, stop dumping on other peoples beliefs. You have said time and time again when you were young you were forced in religion, saw how bad it is, etc.. Fine but again do what others do to you and not trash their beliefs or non beliefs. Its disgusting you would today.

Well said Chris thumbsup

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1795443 - 09/11/20 09:49 PM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Don P]
Don P Offline

Well that was a sucky 2020 Remembrance....good job O-BASS! rolleyes

There were some touching posts....so thanks for sharing those
#1795489 - 09/12/20 11:31 PM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
JMike Offline

I didnt want to continue the deviation this thread took on 9/11 so I waited until the 12th. And its the last anyone will hear from me on the subject.
I have a very simple life philosophy: Believe whatever you want. And leave everyone else alone to believe what they want. There are a couple of exceptions. Your belief should not hurt anyone else, physically or emotionally. Your belief should not demean, disrespect or ridicule anyone elses belief. Its that simple. Doesn't matter what you believe. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.
That said, I have to make a couple of observations here. I think most will agree there are extreme zealots in every religion invented, some intent on killing anyone who doesn't agree, others who want to convert, by force if necessary, everyone to their way of thinking. But lets put that aside for now. One thing I've really seen for some years now is that avowed atheists seem to share a trait for crossing that line of respect and ridicule I mentioned. They carry this air of superiority, higher intelligence, and being more enlightened than those poor, ignorant believers beneath them. Folks like Bill Mahr, Joy Bahar, and a few other Hollywood elite hypocrites who openly ridicule the stupidity of believers in some higher being. And O-Bass, you are squarely in that camp. We've never met and I could probably learn a lot from you about fishing. I could probably learn a lot from just about everyone on this site about fishing. You are obviously passionate in your own beliefs and that's great. I would never think of arguing with them or trying to change them. But I take exception to your overt statements clearly ridiculing and demeaning others beliefs because they don't match yours, that you are somehow smarter, superior and more advanced than anyone who believes in "flying spaghetti monsters" (remember that one?). You frequently talk of science and provability. Lets remember that mankind has been on this earth thousands of years yet its only been the last several hundred that we've accepted that the earth isn't flat. So science is always evolving, things are continually being proven (or disproven) and our beliefs and understandings change.
Live and let live. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. But, as Teddy Roosevelt said, walk soft and carry a big stick.
That's all.
#1795500 - 09/13/20 08:39 AM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
CWood Man Offline

Well said.

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Chris
#1795502 - 09/13/20 09:13 AM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
Don P Offline

I copied this here from SWMPYNKE’s post on the DEEP August 2020 Highlights

Originally Posted By: SWMPYNKE
.... I watched some of the 9-11 memorial service and the reading of the names of those who lost their lives in that tragic terrorist attack. Upon turning the TV on, I see a ct enconn officer at the podium reading names and realized it was officer Alex Blackwell whose father Chris was killed in the line of duty with NYFD that terrible day. I had worked with Chris in my capacity as an engine co. officer responding to life threatening calls and He as a paramedic moonlighting for Danbury hospital. Whenever I saw him on scene I was very relieved as he was very competent and in some situations I would seek his advice.He was extremely knowledgeable and competent.As I saw his daughter reading the names I was so impressed with her professionalism and appearance, She was a real credit to her father and her profession.How She kept her composure, was something I couldn't have done. God bless her and her family.
#1820613 - 09/11/21 07:28 AM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
Mitch P. Offline

20 years ago.

Never forget.
#1820614 - 09/11/21 08:02 AM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
CWood Man Offline

Never ever will!!!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Chris
Page 30 of 31 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics